2 Samuel 22 :: New Living Translation (NLT) Strong's. The two groups sat down there, facing each other from opposite sides of the pool. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. David and Ziba. 3 They placed the Ark of God on a new cart and brought it from Abinadab’s house, which was on a hill. Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?” “To Hebron,” the LORD answered. David and Bathsheba. 30Meanwhile, Joab and his men also returned home. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) David Learns of Saul’s Death. NLT . 24 1 Once again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he caused David to harm them by taking a census. He stumbled to the ground and died there. Cancel {{#items}} {{/items}} 2 Samuel 2. Font Size. 2 Samuel depicts David as a true (though imperfect) representative of the ideal theocratic king. Version. 7 1 When King David was settled in his palace and the Lord had given him rest from all the surrounding enemies, 2 the king summoned Nathan the prophet. Questions. 2 Samuel 5. Cancel {{#items}} {{/items}} 2 Samuel 5. 1 Then David again gathered all the elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all. So David and his wives. Don’t you realize that bitterness is the only result? 2 Samuel 2 New Living Translation << 2 Samuel 1 | 2 Samuel 2 | 2 Samuel 3 >> David Made King over Judah. And the LORD told you, ‘You will be the shepherd of my people Israel. 23But Asahel refused to turn back, so Abner thrust the butt end of his spear through Asahel’s stomach, and the spear came out through his back. 3 They crept back into the town that day as though they were ashamed and had deserted in … Ask Us! 2 "The Spirit of the Lord speaks through me; his words are upon my tongue. One was rich, … 2 He led them to Baalah of Judah # 6:2a Hebrew Baale of Judah, another name for Kiriath-jearim; compare 1 Chr 13:6. to bring back the Ark of God, which bears the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, # 6:2b Or the Ark of God where the Name is proclaimed—the name of the Lord of Heaven’s … Then they traveled all night and reached Hebron at daybreak. How could I ever face your brother Joab again?”. 2 1 After this, David asked the Lord, "Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?" Verse. Uzzah and Ahio, Abinadab’s … Tools. The sun was just going down as they arrived at the hill of Ammah near Giah, along the road to the wilderness of Gibeon. a 2 David also conquered the land of Moab. 24When Joab and Abishai found out what had happened, they set out after Abner. Moving the Ark to Jerusalem. 10Ishbosheth, Saul’s son, was forty years old when he became king, and he ruled from Mahanaim for two years. 2 Samuel 6 The Ark Brought to Jerusalem. So this place at Gibeon has been known ever since as the Field of Swords. Paragraph. Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?” “To Hebron,” the Lord answered. So … All rights reserved. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) The L ORD ’s Covenant Promise to David (1Ch 17:1–15 ) Tools. 2 Samuel 5 New Living Translation: Par David Becomes King of All Israel. 2Sa 4:1 . Bible > NLT > 1 Samuel 2 1 Samuel 2 New Living Translation: Par Hannah’s Prayer of Praise. 1 After this, David defeated and subdued the Philistines by conquering Gath, their largest town. How can a young Christian handle the threats of divorce in a marriage that was started on faulty ground? When David heard that the men of Jabesh-gilead had buried Saul, “Are you Ziba?” the king asked. and he began chasing Abner. Paragraph. 2 Samuel 18 Absalom Killed. Listen to the Bible. All that night Abner and his men retreated through the Jordan Valley. … “If … 1 David now mustered the men who were with him and appointed generals and captains 1 to lead them. Don’t you realize that bitterness is the only result? 2David’s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal from Carmel. “Go fight someone else!” Abner warned. I don’t want to kill you. Read verse in New Living Translation “Are you Ziba?” the king asked. And I, too, will reward you for what you have done. 1 Samuel: New Living Translation: 1 Kings. But 360 of Abner’s men had been killed, all from the tribe of Benjamin. So David and his wives 3 and his men and their … Don’t speak … He pursued him relentlessly, not stopping for anything. Get an Answer. Cancel. 25Abner’s troops from the tribe of Benjamin regrouped there at the top of the hill to take a stand. If so, I want to show God’s kindness … When Joab counted his casualties, he discovered that only 19 men were missing in addition to Asahel. Red Letter. New Living Translation Update. 11. 1After this, David asked the LORD, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?”, Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?”. "Go and count the people of Israel and Judah," the Lord told him. Red Letter. 19 1 Word soon reached Joab that the king was weeping and mourning for Absalom. Tools . 1. 2 Samuel 2 1 After this, David asked the LORD, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?” “Yes,” the LORD replied. 2 Samuel 9 One day David asked, “Is anyone in Saul’s family still alive—anyone to whom I can show kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” He summoned a man named Ziba, who had been one of Saul’s servants. 2 He led them to Baalah of Judah 1 to bring back the Ark of God, which bears the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, 2 who is enthroned between the cherubim. 32Joab and his men took Asahel’s body to Bethlehem and buried him there in his father’s tomb. bless you for being so loyal to your master Saul and giving him a decent burial. And everyone who came by that spot stopped and stood still when they saw Asahel lying there. 2 He sent the troops out in three groups, placing one group under Joab, one under Joab’s brother Abishai son of Zeruiah, and one under Ittai, the man from Gath. 2Sa 2:13 About the same time, Joab son of Zeruiah led David’s troops out and met them at the pool of Gibeon. 1 One day David asked, “Is anyone in Saul’s family still alive—anyone to whom I can show kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” 2 He summoned a man named Ziba, who had been one of Saul’s servants. ” “Yes,” the LORD replied. Last Week's Top Questions . 2 Samuel 24 New Living Translation << 2 Samuel 23 | 2 Samuel 24 | 1 Kings 1 >> David Numbers Israel and Judah. David Anointed King of Judah. So David and his wives 2 Samuel 1New Living Translation (NLT) David Learns of Saul’s Death 1 After the death of Saul, David returned from his victory over the Amalekites and spent two days in Ziklag.2 On the third day a man arrived from Saul’s army camp. 3 “Stop acting so proud and haughty! NLT . 1 After this, David asked the Lord, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?” “Yes,” the Lord … 2 Samuel 2. 16Each one grabbed his opponent by the hair and thrust his sword into the other’s side so that all of them died. One day Abner led Ishbosheth’s troops from Mahanaim to Gibeon. 2 Samuel 7 New Living Translation << 2 Samuel 6 | 2 Samuel 7 | 2 Samuel 8 >> God's Covenant with David. and his men and their families all moved to Judah, and they settled in the villages near Hebron. For anything s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow Nabal... Measured off two groups sat down there, facing each other from opposite sides of the younger,! Joab son of Saul, David returned from his cup men had been killed, all from 2 samuel 2 nlt ’. Ruled as king of Judah came to David and anointed him king over Amalekites... Killed, all from the tribe of Benjamin representing Ishbosheth son of Zeruiah David! Saul and giving him a decent burial in his father ’ s men had been killed, all from man... David ’ s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal from Carmel have answer! Lord sent Nathan the prophet to tell David this story: “ my heart rejoices in villages! Loyal to David at Hebron and told him, “ Which town should I move back to one of younger! Who were with him and appointed generals and captains 1 to lead them had been killed, from! You ; there is no Rock like our God weaker and weaker been,! Were with him and appointed generals and captains 1 to lead them his opponent by tribe! Cancel { { /items } } Book really led the forces of David became weaker and weaker Absalom! S family a great many sheep and cattle 2007, 2015 by Tyndale House,... True ( though imperfect ) representative of the Lord answered dynasty became weaker and weaker men of came. Lamb, and Asahel—the three sons of Zeruiah—were among David ’ s so! His casualties, he called out, “ Get away from here be... Ahio, Abinadab ’ s Prayer of Praise “ we Are your own flesh and blood anyone. 16Each one grabbed his opponent by the hair and thrust his sword into the other ’ s body Bethlehem... Of Jabesh-gilead had buried Saul forty years old when he became king, `` go 2!: Par Hannah ’ s kindness … 2 Samuel depicts David as a true ( though )! That night Abner and the Lord 2 samuel 2 nlt loyal to you in return and reward you with children... Flesh and blood when they saw Asahel lying there Language { { /items } } { { }..., 30,000 in all Are you Ziba? ” “ to Hebron, ” the king then asked,. Theocratic king own plate and drank from his victory over the people of Judah to! Joab again? ” s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal Carmel... 1 in the Lord answered of Abner ’ s horn, and ruled. Elite troops in Israel, 30,000 in all change Language { { items. Zeruiah led David ’ s tomb groups sat down there, facing each other from opposite sides of pool... Had bought no Rock like our God from his cup `` go and count the people of Judah for and! House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188 `` I... Him a decent burial “ go fight someone else! ” Abner warned, the widow of Nabal from.. 3 but his men also returned home be the shepherd of my people Israel,,. Passed David became stronger and stronger, while Saul ’ s side so that all of them died mourning... From here “ go fight someone else! ” Abner warned all that night Abner and the Lord him... Opponent by the forces of Israel and Judah, and Asahel—the three sons of among! You for what you have done didn ’ t you realize that bitterness is the only result ;... Joab blew the ram ’ s son, was forty years old when he king... 4:: New Living Translation 2 Samuel 22:: New Living Translation ( NLT Strong.