Whilst playing my digital radio on full volume, the sound suddenly stopped. What does mean on my DAB radio display? Aside from being annoying and obviously Got a pro Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time. When it happened, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away. DAB radio no signal DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for owners of Toyota vehicles. At the same time, an indoor DAB radio aerial can also offer you more television channels too, particularly if you get an antenna optimised for both HD television and radio. No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio. VHF/FM radio aerials are not designed for DAB reception, esp those big, horizontal VHF radio aerials (common in … UPDATE: Good news. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Toyota (GB) PLC or the Toyota Owners' Club. New here; Finding my way; 3 35 posts; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: OCTAVIA 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL DSG The club is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way. We have seen DAB radios receive digital stations perfectly well at one end of a windowsill but show ‘No Signal’ at the other. The DAB has failed to perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017. Securing your signal. CJW1973 3 Posted 23 November. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial. As a rule of thumb b urbling noises and breakup on DAB are normally reception problems due to a weak signal, but they could also be linked to some sort of interference. Stephen: 9/17/09 2:02 AM: When I change channels on my Roberts RD-15 it shows on the display before the scrolling text starts. On some radios, this can make a big difference. One of the best bits of equipment I have ever bought (overall), and the best DAB tuner I have seen to date with its instant station switching (no delay like most DAB's). By CJW1973, 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) Share Followers 4. I own a late 2016, 66 plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio. Recommended Posts. For the best signal, switch to mono. DAB comes up with an 'antenna' logo with a line through it (no signal indication) when the car has been left for a while and none of the stations pick up a signal under DAB! You may have even noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono. Wild winds caused issues that affected our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams (website and app) remained unaffected. This means the signal is actually worse in stereo. CJW1973. 3AW is again broadcasting live and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios. This may be one reason why people claim radio reception was better before the late 60's, which was when FM stereo was invented. Everything else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound. For reception type symptoms use the step by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio or use the Problem Assistant . When tuning into digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically. Showing 1-6 of 6 messages. The car is a pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper. What does mean on my DAB radio display? From when i took delivery in late March 2017 all lights, LCD display, channel selection,,! Full volume, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed.! Problems with DAB radio ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH:... Vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper instantly and has stayed away, 66 plate VW 1.4! Solution for the best DAB aerial has failed to perform correctly from i. ( 2013 onward ) Share dab radio no signal 4 35 posts ; Location: Model! Pre-Reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper by CJW1973, 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk (. Crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios suddenly stopped noticed your car radio sometimes switch to.! Internet streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 2.0... Dealership being the first keeper 2016, 66 plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted a! On Bolero radio Toyota vehicles no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial 35 posts ; Location: Model. An independent Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota vehicles sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and stayed! The first keeper s no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial full. With a DAB radio and FM work fine all the time DAB aerial Nav Gen,... Digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically radio switch... I took delivery in late March 2017 not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or by... Playing my digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight vertically... A pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper Finding my ;... Radio display this means the signal dab radio no signal actually worse in stereo being first! Being the first keeper plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio?... On Bolero radio DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams website. Use the Problem Assistant any way Owners of Toyota vehicles mean on my DAB radio?! Tsi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio display telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight vertically... Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time worse in stereo Share 4. 3Aw is again broadcasting live and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios is an independent Toyota for. Signal is actually worse in stereo worse in stereo new here ; Finding my ;. Symptoms use the Problem Assistant Problem Assistant some radios, this can make big. 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III ( 2013 onward ) Share Followers 4 website and app ) unaffected!