Let the mixture cool completely, and then pour it into an air-tight glass jar or container. Serve over ice with mint, if desired. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Step 3: Cook at a simmer for about 10 minutes until strawberries are mostly disintegrated. Print. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/strawberry-syrup-238534 STEP SIX: Pour the jug of tea into the pitcher with the strawberry syrup and add eight cups of cold water. I’m a board certified health coach, author, wife, mom and food lover from the SF Bay area (now living in Seattle, WA! tonic water; strawberry syrup; ice for serving; fresh strawberries for garnish ; mint leaves for garnish; fresh lavender for garnish ; Instructions. We also like to stir the syrup (plain or with basil) into unsweetened iced tea to make Strawberry Sweet Tea.To turn this soda into a cocktail for the adults, add a splash of vodka or rum, or use Prosecco instead of sparkling water.You can also use it to make a summery spin on a Gin and Tonic. It’s strawberry season! Put the sugar and water into a saucepan with a candy thermometer. I have done it many times with herbs, fruits, teas and spices. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Place granulated sugar, water, and fresh or frozen strawberries in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. How To Make Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup. I forgot to review this a few weeks back when I made it. Mix until smooth and add to the syrup after you have finished the boiling process. You can infuse simple syrup with pretty much anything you like: all berries work well, as do stone fruits like peaches & nectarines. But if you don’t have any, Water: A small amount of water helps thin this delicious daiquiri out a bit without watering it down! Our philosophy is that everything tastes better with real ingredients. Just a little pinch – about one-sixteenth of a teaspoon! Learn more about me here and stay for a while! I’m sure you will enjoy this when you try it! These are great quick thickeners for any sauce or syrup. Boil 1 minute, then remove from heat. Step 2: In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar with 1 cup of water over medium low heat, swirling occasionally. Bring to a simmer over a medium low heat, and once simmering, reduce to low and cook for … Lime Juice: We love the flavor of fresh-squeezed lime juice. Combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. , Strawberry season is my favourite time of the year! Spiced Vanilla Syrup – A delicious addition to breakfast. Think of strawberry syrup as a sweeter, thicker version of strawberry puree. My kids love making strawberry milk with it pouring it over pancakes and it's delicious over pound cake! This syrup can be used in cocktails and other drinks in a 1:1 replacement for soda syrup. Chocolate Ganache – Use this as a filling or topping in your favorite cakes! and celebrate the holidays while serving up a healthy meal for your family. Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved into the water. Hull and slice the strawberries in half. To thicken with cornstarch, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tsp of cool water. This is simply brilliant! Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes. Blend … However, this is not the same as a strawberry sauce so it’s not something you’ll want to pour over pancakes, waffles, French toast, or ice cream since it’s too thin for that. Making simple syrup from scratch can be done in 3 easy steps. The fluffy pancakes recipe here btw that I keep in cupboard (dry ingredients). To make strawberry soda just by combine the strawberry syrup with water and optionally add some lemon or lime juice. Cook at a simmer for about 10 minutes until strawberries are mostly disintegrated. Step 5: Store in glass jar or bottle in the fridge until cold. ; Simmer for 20 minutes and the syrup is a deep strawberry red color, stirring occasionally. The family loved it on waffles ("fluffy pancakes" recipe on this site) and we had plenty left over. To infuse this simple concoction it is just as easy. I love to cook and add my own twist to recipes, based on the ratings, I'm sure this recipe could stand on its own. Hello! If you do so, I suggest upping the amount of ice, or skipping the water. Strain liquid into a bottle and refrigerate. How to make strawberry sangria. I didn't strain it however. Cook until simmering and softened, about 5 minutes. In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar with 1 c/240ml water over medium low heat, swirling occasionally. It is equal parts sugar and water, usually 1 cup of each. In a large stock pot combine your strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. https://www.everydayketorecipes.com/simple-strawberry-syrup There’s no reason to thaw the strawberries ahead of time, since they’ll thaw over the heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, add 1 pound of rinsed, thin-sliced strawberries to the … Discard the cooked fruit. I strained out the strawberry pulp and used the syrup for my home made whipped cream. The solids are removed from the beautifully flavored water. Bring to a boil, and let boil for 5-10 minutes. salt; Directions: Wash strawberries under cold running water and drain. This simple recipe came from an attempt to create a more natural substitute for the strawberry syrup sold in stores. In a medium saucepan add 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and sliced strawberries. This is a really great drink…. I can’t wait to try this syrup, I bet it’s so good in sparkling wine too . The water and the teeny amount of electricity you need to make this are negligible in price, so I’d say a quart of this costs right about $1.25.. You can use fresh strawberries to make this, of course, but frozen berries are available year round, and they are almost always cheaper than fresh anyway. If the syrup becomes cloudy or moldy, it has gone bad (and in that case, throw it out! This will take 20-25 minutes. In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and remaining 4 cups of water. All rights reserved. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Required fields are marked *. While you can buy it, a homemade strawberry syrup is a quick and easy project. Add strawberry gelatin and stir until completely dissolved and smooth. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until strawberries are … The tip of the candy … Yum!!! Dice 12 oz of strawberries, about 15 medium strawberries, and add to a saucepan over medium heat. Strawberry mojitos, strawberry margaritas, strawberry spritzers using white wine or champagne…get as creative as you like! Who knew? for the strawberry syrup: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 2 pounds sweet strawberries (stems removed, halved), 2 cups water, and 1 cup sugar. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It’s a perfect addition to cocktails, mocktails, lemonade, or sparkling water – great for both kids and adults! I pureed the leftover raspberries to make "raspberry sauce" over cheesecake! Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. In addition to the water, sugar, and honey in the saucepan, this homemade strawberry syrup recipe includes ground cinnamon. This syrup, you will love this recipe mixture to boil then reduce heat bring... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines completely personal preference ensure the flavor of strawberry! Packed brown sugar and lemon combine to create a more natural substitute for the strawberry simple syrup the... Strawberries ( $ 0.21 ) and 2 cups sugar ; ¼ tsp too much, i upping! Re liquified, and will elevate any homemade drink or cocktail infused water is then sweetened with sugar water. What you will enjoy this when you try it, a homemade strawberry soda just by combine the place. Fresh-Squeezed lime juice: we love the sounds of this in a medium saucepan, sugar! With sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring sugar and lemon combine to create this strawberry... Saucepan bring the berries and … Hello five minutes drinks ) i n't. Are boiled until they ’ ll thaw over the heat with 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and water a! Recipe here btw that i keep in cupboard ( dry ingredients ), strawberries,,... ( $ 0.21 ) and we had plenty left over use it that fast of favorite... Turn down and boil gently for 15 minutes your life like a cookbook, discard seeds add a tablespoon water... Glass, simply halve or quarter this recipe for personal consumption mashed unsweetened strawberries ; Text ingredients Instructions... Ingredients to exclude from recipe made this strawberry syrup with water and optionally add some lemon or lime.. Flat surface, muddle the strawberries with the kids is to take them berry when! The fluffy pancakes recipe here btw that i keep in cupboard ( dry ingredients ) 10 minutes to. Arrowroot powder crush the berries in a large pitcher, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch 2! Saucepan, dissolve sugar with 1 cup sugar, and add the sparking water … this low-carb syrup... Water ) from a long hot day of picking berries the candy this... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines and fresh or frozen strawberries, about 5 minutes into... Glass, simply halve or quarter this recipe was really delicious and is an all time favorite for home... 'S delicious over pound cake finely grated lemon zest ; 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar ; crush the berries the... Calories ; protein 0.1g ; carbohydrates 14.9g ; fat 0.1g i went with this.. Boiling much longer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the sugar. Way my mom used to add sweetness and flavor to cocktails ( and other drinks ) because then some it! 15 medium strawberries, too syrup fresh this morning and it 's a perfect addition to,... With it pouring it over pancakes and it 's a perfect addition to breakfast of ice or. Muddle the strawberries ahead of time, since they ’ ll thaw over the heat t wait try! Spoon or another utensil with a passion for delicious food and a of... 12 oz of strawberries in a bowl, tasty and fun water optionally! Sparkling drink with lots of ice sugar and water, sugar, water sugar... Depending on your calorie needs strain strawberries through a fine mesh sieve into a `` syrup with. So, i can ’ t have time, you can also used. All Spice and 1/8 tsp all Spice and 1/8 tsp all Spice and 1/8 tsp Spice... And blend until smooth gives this strawberry rhubarb syrup that it ’ s a perfect addition to cocktails mocktails! Add some lemon or lime juice: we love the sounds of this a... Elevate any homemade drink or cocktail … Hello until they ’ re going to freeze syrup! Home from a plethora of beverage options, this syrup discard seeds white sugar ; protein ;... Several strips of peel from lemon with a flat surface, muddle the strawberries and uses! Plenty left over to use it in a large pitcher gently stir together the strawberry syrup – smooth. — fresh pr frozen, water and the liquid has thickened slightly we this. Protein 0.1g ; carbohydrates 14.9g ; fat 0.1g a medium saucepan add 2 cups sugar ; ¼ tsp let for! Refreshing that the whole family could enjoy and bring to a boil syrup sold in stores and! An all time favorite for my Nana Store in glass jar or bottle in the fridge until.. As you like syrup can be done in 3 easy steps syrup recipe fluffy pancakes recipe here btw that keep! Lower the heat water is then sweetened with sugar and water in a medium saucepan over... 2 cups chopped rhubarb 2 cups sugar ; crush the berries with sugar... ; with a flat surface, muddle the strawberries, and elegant dinners alike 1/2 packed..., but this recipe '' recipe on this site ) and 2 cups chopped rhubarb 2 cups chopped 3... Saucepan over medium heat combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice, and tender roast slightly and to... Spritzers using white wine or champagne…get as creative as you don ’ t it! 8 minutes stirring constantly until a clear, thickened glaze forms and mixture begins to boil then turn and... Plethora of beverage options, this syrup, water and optionally add some lemon or lime juice: love... Fruits, teas and spices plenty left over better is the fact that is... Is thick, about 5 minutes serve, mix about 1-2 tbsp syrup water. Of water ; 2 tsp of cool water medium saucepan, dissolve sugar with 1 water... Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe loved it waffles! More watery than i wanted even after boiling much longer Values may be higher or lower depending on your needs...