16GB of memory, with only 7.9 GB of memory being utilized. I have tried to save a simple rendering of a supplement bottle, which I purchased the object on Adobe Stock and first it renders in lo quality (1024 px at 72 dpi) my client needs this to be high resolution. All rights reserved. Next, choose your render quality. it seems that after 50% of the render has completed, CPU usage alsways drops and RAM usage increases at this point, this is correct and yes adding Ram or making less complex rendors will both fix the basic issue. Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Hi! Would love to see the quality/size differences! I set the blur to 0 and that helped some. All rights reserved. Adobe Dimension Rendering Times are Terrible. Thank you. And after all that time waiting for it to render, this is what I got: Not hardly what I was expecting. All this with photo-realistic global illumination and zero aliasing or noise in the final output. Do you have a comparison of your Cinema 4D render and your Dimension render you could send to. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Unfair comparison? I understand about it being a rough preview of what your making, but you can see by the comparison of the two screenshots I uploaded that there is a lot more difference between the two than just a rough preview. It appears to be using raw point source ray-tracing with zero optimizations. Both renders was at the High setting. I have Iclone for my animations and that isn't cheap but it does a nice job. I appreciate it. /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965942#M1278, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965943#M1279, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965944#M1280, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965945#M1281, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965946#M1282. Looking at task manager, it seems that after 50% of the render has completed, CPU usage alsways drops and RAM usage increases at this point, and I presume the PNG is saving. It took 9 minutes and 20 seconds to render with all 8 cores pegged out 100% on a Ryzen 2700X. This time it took only 1 minute and 11 seconds. Try rendering a single package in Dimension at the same resolution and it will require days, likely weeks (lol), while yielding a noisy output of much less quality. The only difference is I changed some of the face textures and lowered the blur to 0, then finally figured out that I needed to click the "Match Image" button. All rights reserved. But even with that caveat a small low quality print should not be blocky. Rendering is a complex process and the time for rendering to finish has many contributing factors. Here is the rendered image. 16GB of memory, with only 7.9 GB of memory being utilized. It looks to me like maybe your focus setting is too blurry. The first time I rendered it to png file it took 9 minutes and 20 seconds. Not to be mean or anything, but I’m working on a mock-up and the colors matter for my client. I set the render to high, then rendered it. Dimension's render engine is rather horrible in both quality and speed, no way around that. Copyright © 2020 Adobe. Using Match Image to add a background; Save, Render, and Export. It would be a lovely little tool for product mockups to show clients but at the moment the glitches and rendering times are stopping it from being a useful tool. Can anyone shed any light on what to do to make it look EXACTLY like the one in the screenshot? In the Scene panel select the environment, In the Properties panel change the focus blur and set focus point. Rendering is a complex process and the time for rendering to finish has many contributing factors. The City scene, the LED display (with logo on) and some lights. /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/td-p/10128161, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128162#M1468, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128163#M1469, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128164#M1470, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128165#M1471, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128166#M1472, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128167#M1473, /t5/dimension/dimension-doesn-t-render-images-as-shown/m-p/10128168#M1474. When I did that, the render preview was just like in the design mode. Please tell me it is capable of better results than this and point me in the right direction! It's time to render your final scene. Add the lights and the with some of them there seems to be a clash. It seems like a great product for low res images and we are all designers so we obviously need high resolution results. But Vray in Dimension versus Vray in Rhino is likely different. I have been trying to learn dimension. You jogged my thinking with your fist post and helped me get on the right track! Sorry! then tried for 3000 pixels and after 1.5 hours I had to also stop it because it showed that it was going to take probably a whole day to do and that is undoable. 20 years ago I had to wait 24 hours for a decent render and it still looked horrible. We're always working on performance and will continually try to make rendering as fast as possible, but the reality is that rendering is simply a process-heavy action. Real-time rendering, which is fast and keeps system resource usage lower. Here's a screenshot illustrating the focus and how it isn't displayed in the main canvas but is in the render preview. Copyright © 2020 Adobe. ? How can you make something in design mode and have it render out exactly as it appears in design mode? /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/td-p/9965936, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965937#M1273, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965938#M1274, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965939#M1275, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965940#M1276, /t5/dimension/adobe-dimension-rendering-times-are-terrible/m-p/9965941#M1277, Hey Andrew! ... Dimension uses a preview render to give real-time updates as you’re working. Thank you Jeanette for the reply and tips. Same file as the first one. My experience is that dimension pre render isn’t even close. I have tried changing the canvas to 5000 pixels and that took over 15 hours to render and I had to stop it. Enter GPU rendering and you may see a 10-fold performance increase. Click on Render in the Task Bar. I changed the focus point to several different places with no better results. Is it simply that my file is too big? I love my Adobe Programs but had to buy a very expensive rendering program to use to do 3D rendering. Do you have a comparison of your Cinema 4D render and your Dimension render you could send to tickets@adobedimension.com? Adobe Dimension Rendering Times are Terrible patriciaf19812295. Dimension doesn't render images as shown. It's speed/quality is barely on par with archaic 3D software of the late 90's such as Infini-D or RayDream (apologies to anyone here who actually remember those frustrating days). Has anyone got an reason as to what might be the issue? Without the lighting the rendering is fairy standard. But I still can not make it show the same in the render preview as in the design mode. I loaded a dodecahedron .obj file put a different texture on each face of it. Cheers! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted! Recently, while trying out Dimension for kicks, it allowed me to re-live those wonderful days of great anticipation followed by huge disappointment. I hope about can address these issues soon. /t5/dimension/rendering-stuck-at-50-files-not-saving/td-p/11097444, /t5/dimension/rendering-stuck-at-50-files-not-saving/m-p/11098679#M3352. The render PREVIEW window is showing you what will happen in render mode. Okay, I tried several other things. Photoshop and Dimension do the bulk of my still frame art work when i get muse to make something and they both have small issues but the very best rendor I've seen so far is by an artist named Holly (wetcircuit) and she just uses Unity which is free, Julian Soloman, Occult Detective (check this out). Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. The GTX 1070 with 8GB of memory was hardly utilized, from 2 to 4% occasionally spiking to 14%. Doesn't look anything like the one in the screenshot above. Ray-trace rendering, which mimics reality by bouncing rays of light around the scene and can achieve photorealism, but is more resource intensive. I"m sure I'll have more questions on down the road though! The canvas size I use is 3600px X 2400px, which i guess is moderatley large, but like I said most of my renders will finish at this size, so I dont see that this is the issue. Under Render Settings, use the check boxes to select the camera view that you would like to render (if you saved multiple views) or select Current View for your most recent camera angle. Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. I'd like to fully learn and use this program, but if rendered results are no better than this then I don't think I'd want to waste any more time with it. We've tested Vray in Dimension vs the new Adobe Rendering Engine and ARE is always faster. Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Adobe Dimension is a complex 3D application that uses multiple methods to display 3D graphics. Hey Andrew! You must use the render preview when making decisions like lighting, reflections, etc. Thank you for trying to help! Cheers! Today, with Vray+Rhino3D, I can render very complex scenes (thousands of objects and layered materials) at 4K resolutions while I eat lunch. When you do a comparison for example. I am having some issues with rendering on Dimension CC. I was about to give up on it. High quality image render takes 14 minutes and looks very rough on the logo. We suggest using Medium to review your final design. Copyright © 2020 Adobe. Causing materials to fail. I was curious for your experience with Vray if you could let me know what version of Vray you're using and perhaps share your hardware specs. This article provides guidelines to help you optimize Dimension experience for machines that do not meet the recommended system requirements. Please note that the interactive canvas in Design Mode is a rough preview only and can't show some effects like reflections, focus (depth of field), translucency, etc. There are two types of rendering in Dimension. Put in a background of the Texas capitol building. Cinema 4D did the same thing in just over 1 minute with much better results. The GTX 1070 with 8GB of memory was hardly utilized, from 2 to 4% occasionally spiking to 14%. You do get what you pay for so I will manage my expectations... however, when a cell phone today has more number-crunching power than a supercomputer from 1998, I just can't understand why Dimension is so slow... Hey Rob, thanks for sharing your thoughts here. This is what it showed in dimension before rendering: That is what I was expecting it to look like after rendering it to a .png No such luck with that! Rendering is a complex process and the time for rendering to finish has many contributing factors. In design mode, I highly recommend turning on the Render Preview window to get an accurate idea of what your image looks like while designing. CD4 is much better but they have had a lot longer to develop. I did reposition it and rotate it, then 'matched image' again it worked. It took 9 minutes and 20 seconds to render with all 8 cores pegged out 100% on a Ryzen 2700X. A simple rectangle on a background with lighting with a logo on it. CPU rendering alone is always an issue. When the render works the RAM usage remains around 60% and render finishes all the way to 100%.