The thing is, for example - Youtube - does indeed allow you to set a thumbnail BUT for displaying it there in their list of available videos, but as soon as you download that video from Youtube in your desktop then that thumbnail goes away and another random one gets selected by your PC, and this is not what I want. By default, this feature is OFF. Note: If you don't see the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer checkbox, update your Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC to the latest version. Online Privacy Policy. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. I know that Premiere can take a snapshot of any segment of the video to be used as a thumbnail, but can it also set that same video to use the selected snapshot image from it to set it to its default thumbnail? If you're producing your own YouTube videos, you may want to add a thumbnail to your creations. Open Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.   |   To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Edit Thumbnail of individual Video File on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 - YouTube, Premiere Pro: Hot (1382 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps. Press or go to and then . If you're producing your own YouTube videos, you may want to add a thumbnail to your creations. It looks like Twitter sets it's thumbnail of whatever's 5 seconds into your video, which is smart because most videos probably start with black and then it takes a few seconds for some interesting action to start happening. At the very least, the thumbnail should be the first frame that appears. The dimensions use an aspect ratio of 16:9. Try an online thumbnail maker! To ensure that your new art fits the YouTube banner space, select the “YouTube Thumbnail” option, which is exactly the right size. Setting a customized thumbnail to my video using A... /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/td-p/8992009, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992010#M73019, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992011#M73020, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/10737925#M237239, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992012#M73021, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992013#M73022, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992014#M73023, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992015#M73024, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992017#M73026, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/8992016#M73025, /t5/premiere-pro/setting-a-customized-thumbnail-to-my-video-using-adobe-premiere-cc-2017/m-p/11002383#M259077. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Give that a whirl. But it's better for feature requests to come from us users rather than him, really. When I look at the video on my desktop I see that it has a thumbnail that does not match the main contents of my video. In the Preferences dialog box, choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. For Acrobat XI and Reader XI, the thumbnails of PDFs are automatically shown in Windows Explorer on Windows 32-bit systems. To do this, hit Drop Shadow from the little FX icon. Save it, and upload it to your YouTube account in a matter of seconds. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. How to make YouTube thumbnails Pick the Best Size and Shape. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Adobe Spark has plenty of predefined layouts and sizes to choose from. On the Edit menu, choose Preferences. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. Use the best YouTube thumbnail maker. New Features Summary: Premiere Pro (14.3). etc.) When I look at the video on my desktop I see that it has a thumbnail that does not match the main contents of my video. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. YouTube and Vimeo allow you to upload images to set as a custom thumbnail, but I don't know Facebook. and to make the whole thing worse...once you've set your poster frames in your O/S - be that Mac or Windows etc - when you upload it to Dropbox, they change it back to the DEFAULT thumbnail making all your efforts into a complete waste of time! I wonder why... is it something to difficult for Adobe programmers to set up? How to clean media cache in Premiere Pro? Agree with rchrdgrace. 30 preset sizes, 5,000 templates. To automatically update from the product, choose Help > Check for updates and then follow the steps in the Updater window to … I'm on a PC - Windows 10 OS - ADOBE PREMIERE C 2017, and I made my video and saved it to my desktop. Wouldn't it be wonderful if your video came out with the best thumbnail for EVERY app or web platform you would use it? Copyright © 2020 Adobe. In Acrobat Reader, you see a prompt asking for the feature to be added to the current installation. This article has been viewed 27,628 times. Wait for a few seconds while Acrobat is configured to show thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer. Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. And Kevin - why don't you create a feature request - your Adobe staff and you are part of this discussion? YouTube Channel Art Seriously, it's completely ridiculous that Adobe Premiere doesn't let you set a thumbnail. A YouTube thumbnail has the same function as a movie poster or a book jacket; capturing attention and persuading people that clicking "Play" is worth their time. [Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]. Add some effects to the text if desired, such as drop shadow. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. How to Make a YouTube Thumbnail in Photoshop. To automatically update from the product, choose Help > Check for updates and then follow the steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates. Everything you need to know about GPU in Premiere Pro. Sigh! 1280×720 or 1920×1080 will be good for a thumbnail. From professional designs to free high-definition photos and fonts, Snappa has everything you need to make image creation easy. I want a way that I can set my thumbnail for a video once and for all. YouTube thumbnail sizes are 1280 x 720 pixels, with a minimum width of 640 pixels. Southeast Asia (Includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) - English, الشرق الأوسط وشمال أفريقيا - اللغة العربية. Avoid making embarrassing mistakes on Zoom! then it displays the customized thumbnail that I have set for it. Creating an easy thumbnail in Premiere Pro CC from a single frame using the snapshot/screenshot tool. Kevin is Support staff, not Development. However, the same is not supported on Windows 64-bit systems. YouTube takes your image and uses it as a poster frame, but it's not actually part of the video. And with Canva, you can keep your creativity flowing and invite team members to collaborate on your YouTube thumbnail in real-time. Hello I'm on a PC - Windows 10 OS - ADOBE PREMIERE C 2017, and I made my video and saved it to my desktop. Adobe Spark takes care of creating your project in the required YouTube thumbnail size. Some sites that you upload videos to will offer the ability to set a custom poster frame, but you would have to upload a separate file. How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro? So it's not that it's getting lost upon download, it was never applied to the video in the first place. Choose an Image. We even have a “YouTube channel art” option specifically for YouTube banners. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f4\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f4\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-1.jpg\/aid7985514-v4-728px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a3\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a3\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-2.jpg\/aid7985514-v4-728px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2e\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2e\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-3.jpg\/aid7985514-v4-728px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/04\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/04\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-4.jpg\/aid7985514-v4-728px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/82\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/82\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-5.jpg\/aid7985514-v4-728px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fe\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fe\/Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-6.jpg\/aid7985514-v4-728px-Make-a-YouTube-Thumbnail-in-Photoshop-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"