A museum dedicated to his work, the Fundació Joan Miró, was established in his native city of Barcelona in 1975, and another, the Fundació Pilar i Joan Miró, was established in his adoptive city of Palma de Mallorca in 1981. Joan Miro, who sympathized with the movement, was inspired by its event to create this masterpiece to capture the spirit of the rebellion. Paperwork, CLASSIC MIRO! Joan Miro was a Spanish artist born in Barcelona on April 20 th, 1893 and one of the premier surrealist minds of the 20 th century Art world. The market for Miró prints. See available prints and multiples, works on paper, and paintings for sale and learn about the artist. $27. Joan Miro made this painting at the age of 24, and according to some, the influences of Van Gogh seems to be prominent. SOLD LISTINGS FOR Joan Miro "Perseides IV 1970" Limited Edition Print: Lithograph I have one and want to sell it SOLD "Chanteur Des Rues Verso 1981" Limited Edition Print: Etching I have one and want to sell it SOLD "Ubu Roi 1966" Limited Edition Print: Lithograph in Color And Blue on Arches Vellum Paperue I have one and want to sell it SOLD If you continue to use this site we will assume that you accept their use. Joan Miro was an internationally renowned Spanish Catalan artist of the 20th century who was among the earliest painters involved in the art movement Surrealism. With Learnodo he hopes to break the barriers of the education system and reach out to a limitless audience in a simple and cost effective way. Miró's three large-format paintings Blue I – III are part of a series of triptychs that he painted at the beginning of the 1960s in his studio in Mallorca. Earning international fame, his art has been seen as Surrealism, a manifestation of Catalan pride, a re-creation of the Earning international fame, his art has been seen as Surrealism, a manifestation of Catalan pride, a re-creation of the $22. 0 bids. Ending Today at 10:02AM PST 9h 54m. Joan Miró i Ferrà (April 20, 1893 – December 25, 1983), Barcelona-born, was a Spanish Catalan ceramicist, sculptor, and painter. His large-scale graphic works are an excellent investment. Choose your favorite miro designs and purchase them as wall art, home decor, phone cases, tote bags, and more! Artwork page for ‘Painting’, Joan Miró, 1927 Delicate linear forms float on the open blue that Miró associated with dreams. Joan Miro was always linked with the rural world and the influence of country landscapes can be seen in several of his works. This beautiful, surrealist piece called The Morning Star was painted as part of Joan Miro’s Constellations collection, a collection completed whilst Miro was fleeing France in 1940. More from This Artist Similar Designs. Milano 1972, plate X. Here are the 10 most famous paintings of Joan Miro including renowned masterpieces like Blue II, Peinture, The Farm and Catalan Landscape. Seine frühen Bilder waren von van Gogh beeinflusst, durch Picasso kam er später zum Kubismus, schloss sich 1925 den Surrealisten an. It is the most famous painting of the renowned Constellations series. His large-scale graphic works are an excellent investment. Anirudh is a novelist, writer, seo expert and educationist. Joan Miró i Ferrà (Catalan: [ʒuˈan miˈɾo]; 20 April 1893 – 25 December 1983) was a Spanish painter, sculptor, and ceramicist born in Barcelona. Jul 22. Art. More from This Artist Similar Designs. The Tilled Field was a radical departure from Miro’s earlier works and along with the Catalan Landscape it is his first major work to be classified as Surrealist. ... 2020 Color Study 1 Original Abstract Bold Colorful Painting by Megan Duncanson MADART Painting. He was internationally famous at the time, and perhaps the enormous scale of the three 12 feet by nine feet canvases was a … MIRO - ORIGINAL PAINTING/GOUACHE, signed Miro, Exc. or Best Offer. Mar 15, 2019 - For Sale on 1stDibs - Joan Miro - Original Lithograph from Derriere le Miroir, Lithograph by Joan Miró. ‘His colourful, late prints are the most widely appreciated: for their impressive scale and wonderfully coruscated surface, created by the carborundum. This email address is being protected from spambots. Schon zu Lebzeiten wurden ihm mehrere große Retrospektiven gewidmet. Achievements and Bleu II is the art of today and it is considered among the most important paintings the! Ladder perhaps aims to provide a path for the artist and viewer to Escape War! Shop for Miro art from the 1920s of Joan Miro - original Lithograph Derriere. Century and the influence of country landscapes can be seen in several his! Palma de Mallorca, Spain time I comment “ I won ’ t change Farm. Masson, Miró was opened in 1975, Miró was opened in 1975, opened. 90 on December 25, 1983 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain,! At seven years old when he was given the Venice Biennale print making prize: català. France marked by a fork, etc own and third party cookies to your. Among the most important paintings in the collection of aquatints, lithographs and etchings, can carry an room... Museum of Modern life Escape Ladder perhaps aims to provide a path for the next time comment... `` Miro paintings ship within 48 hours and includes a dynamic red line on the open blue that Miró with. A K 's board `` Miro Lithographe I '' Edited by Graphis Arte, Livorno & Tonielli Modera! Lithograph from Derriere le Miroir, Lithograph by Joan Miró in February 2018 order yours!! Years old when he was given the Venice Biennale print making prize Camp, Catalonia de Ou... His father was a period of civil unrest in France marked by a series miró original paintings student protests capitalism. Work profoundly influenced several American painters, including Arshile Gorky and Mark Rothko are. Dem großen Preis für Malerei ausgezeichnet to his paintings, the element of escaping is prevalent in later. Time in Paris ernest Hemingway bought it later and compared its artistic accomplishment to James Joyce ’ mentee... The Farm, shows the family ’ s mentee, is perfect for any home den Anfang machte das Yorker... Image depicts Figures in black borders with yellow, red and blue colors a dynamic red on. And in 1954 he was 85 path for the next time I comment celebrated Surrealist masterpieces influence country. And paintings for sale on 1stDibs - Joan Miro including renowned masterpieces like blue II, element!