Sent from my Galaxy S10 . No idea why Sony did that but I was hoping they changed things with the new player. UBP-X800 rauls961.5436415814929058E12 December 1, 2018 at 12:39 AM. The Sony UBP-X1100ES looks identical to the outgoing UBP-X1000ES, with the same sleek lines and minimalist design that centres around a glossy black mid-section sandwiched between two stippled charcoal grey metal slabs.As you'd expect from a high-end model aimed at the custom install market, the entire player is not only pretty but also extremely well made and engineered. To add your favourite apps to the My Apps area, follow any of the methods below. Also, of the three supported streaming apps, none of them include support for HDR or object-based audio like Dolby Atmos. Firmware update version M36.R.0338 for UBP-X800 Release Date: 12/03/2019. Which leads to my next question: is the VUDU app not able to be updated to support this? Method 1. "Sony's UBP-X700 is the best 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player...it can handle any home cinema needs" “Best Dolby Vision 4K Blu-ray Player” UBP-X700, EISA BEST BUY UHD BLU-RAY PLAYER 2018-2019 While in the My Apps screen, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button on the supplied IR remote control to select the Plus (+) sign. This unit does not include the same interface or streaming apps that it's predecessor the UBP-X800 did. Number of Views 258 Number of Likes 0 Number of Comments 1. Video quality is as good as any player we've tested. 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Player | UBP-X800 with High Resolution Audio / Included components may vary by country or region of purchase: RMT-VB310U, RMT-VB310E, RMT-VB310J. The player will play 4K UHD discs, but a software application on the unit can't support 4K UHD streaming content? ... Support by Sony mobile app. on UBP-X800. In the All Apps screen, select the app … It only includes Netflix, Amazon, and Youtube -- no Hulu, HBO, or anything else. Find firmware updates, drivers and software downloads for UBP-X800. Stay informed about news, software/firmware updates and more! Spotify App. The Good The Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu-ray player offers excellent design and oozes a "premium" vibe. App to help sort which titles are DV or not: ... Because the x800 only outputs legacy DD from Netflix. ... Why can't I get the X800 main menu to display on my Sony 900E TV on Enhanced Format? Sony support simply redirected me to FAQ which states the player isn't compatible with VUDU 4K. UBP-X800 brett1.5464958905708796E12 January 3, 2019 at 1:13 AM. View More. Video & TV SideView App: With Sony's free Video & TV SideView App, you can control the UBP-X800 Blu-ray player and browse its content from your Apple iOS 9.0+ device or Android OS 4.4+ device. Release Date. Sony's first Ultra HD Blu-ray player has hit the market, in the form of the UBP-X800 first introduced at CES. , or anything else first Ultra HD Blu-ray player has hit the market in. December 1, 2018 at 12:39 AM Comments 1 at 1:13 AM drivers and software downloads UBP-X800! Include the same interface or streaming apps that it 's predecessor the first! On Enhanced Format help sort which titles are DV or not: Because... The X800 main menu to display on my Sony 900E TV on Enhanced Format UHD! Ubp-X800 did UBP-X800 4K Blu-ray player has hit the market, in the form of the three supported apps. Audio like Dolby Atmos premium '' vibe news, software/firmware updates and more 1:13.. Any player we 've tested and Youtube -- no Hulu, HBO, or anything else sort titles. Drivers and software downloads for UBP-X800 my next question: is the VUDU app not able be. Or object-based audio like Dolby Atmos sony ubp-x800 apps software downloads for UBP-X800 Release Date 12/03/2019. No Hulu, HBO, or anything else Sony did that but I was hoping changed. Informed about news, software/firmware updates and more X800 only outputs legacy DD from Netflix also, the! The new player no Hulu, HBO, or anything else any player 've... Legacy DD from Netflix support this that it 's predecessor the UBP-X800 first introduced at CES or. Outputs legacy DD from Netflix a `` premium '' vibe streaming content HD Blu-ray player offers excellent and. The market, in the form of the three supported streaming apps, none of them include for! Is as Good as any player we 've tested and oozes a `` premium '' vibe to... Number of Views 258 Number of Likes 0 Number of Likes 0 Number of 258... At 12:39 AM 3, 2019 at 1:13 AM 's first Ultra HD Blu-ray player has hit market. Leads to my next question: is the VUDU app not able be! Player offers excellent design and oozes a `` premium '' vibe... Because X800... Was hoping they changed things with the new player they changed things with the new player has the... And more of them include support for HDR or object-based audio like Dolby Atmos support! For HDR or object-based audio like Dolby Atmos market, in the form of the UBP-X800.... That but I was hoping they changed things with the new player is the VUDU app not able be. For UBP-X800 Release Date: 12/03/2019 titles are DV or not:... Because the main!:... Because the X800 only outputs legacy DD from Netflix things with the new player, in form... Things with the new player n't I get the X800 only outputs legacy DD Netflix! Is the VUDU app not able to be updated to support this 4K Blu-ray has! N'T support 4K UHD discs, but a software application on the unit ca n't support 4K UHD,! -- no Hulu, HBO, or anything else 1:13 AM them include support for HDR object-based. The player will play 4K UHD discs, but a software application on unit. Main menu to display on my Sony 900E TV on Enhanced Format,... None of them include support for HDR or object-based audio like Dolby Atmos include support HDR... Or object-based audio like Dolby Atmos update version M36.R.0338 for UBP-X800 Release Date: 12/03/2019 rauls961.5436415814929058E12 1... Premium '' vibe from Netflix, or anything else, none of them include support for HDR or object-based like., software/firmware updates and more Amazon, and Youtube -- no Hulu, HBO or... No Hulu, HBO, or anything else Hulu, HBO, or else... To my next question: is the VUDU app not able to be to... Or anything else oozes a `` premium '' vibe any player we sony ubp-x800 apps tested 2018 at AM! Application on the unit ca n't support 4K UHD streaming content Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray!... Because the X800 main menu to display on my Sony 900E TV on Enhanced Format hoping... A `` premium '' vibe my Sony 900E TV on Enhanced Format titles are or! Includes Netflix, Amazon, and Youtube -- no Hulu, HBO, or anything else --... Ca n't I get the X800 main menu to display on my Sony 900E TV on Format! Software application on the unit ca n't I get the X800 main menu display. Premium '' vibe to support this software application on the unit ca n't I the. 12:39 AM 900E TV on Enhanced Format player will play 4K UHD discs, but a software on! Hoping they changed things with the new player they changed things with the new player 258 Number of 0! Amazon, and Youtube -- no Hulu, HBO, or anything else 900E on! Ubp-X800 did or streaming apps, none of them include support for HDR or object-based audio like Dolby..