Zarparan aims to bring the delight of saffron to every facet of dessert. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Shole Zard: Persian saffron rice pudding - Persian Food Tour If next time you craved a sweet and soft … Published June 30, 2015 - Last Updated August 17, 2020. Make-ahead dessert. The cheap stuff has no flavor! To make the pudding: In a small dish, combine the cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom pods, saffron and turmeric and cover with 1/4 cup hot water to bloom the spices. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. www.thepersianpot.com/recipe/shole-zard-saffron-rice-pudding To make the pudding: In a small dish, combine the cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom pods, saffron and turmeric and cover with 1/4 cup hot water to bloom the spices. Saffron is used pretty extensively in Persian Cuisine. Add the saffron and mix thoroughly, simmer for another 20 minutes over low heat. Garnish with cinnamon, almonds and … I love using saffron for the color it … Add sugar to the rice and cook for another half hour until the water and rice become dense. Make-ahead dessert. Push through with a spoon or spatula to remove any whole spices. May 1, 2020 - Recipes featuring saffron - Enjoy these recipes and share with your friends! Like the main dishes, Persian desserts excite all of your senses. Let me make you some sholeh zard. Reduce the heat to low, add butter, … Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add 3 tablespoons of hot water to the ground saffron and shake well. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and slowly whisk in the rice flour until smooth. Place on a medium heat and let the rice cook through. Indeed, the history of this beautiful traditional Saffron dessert goes back to several hundred years ago. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. https://food52.com/recipes/81335-sholeh-zard-persian-saffron-rice-pudding Sholeh Zard is a recipe that goes back hundreds of years, and was always cooked on special occasions like:. Get the Sholeh Zard (Persian Saffron Rice Pudding) recipe from Family Spice 7 Aug 3, 2013 - Sholeh Zard is a Persian saffron rice pudding made with basmati rice, sugar, rosewater and saffron. To make orange blossom syrup: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Roasted Blueberry and Lemony Yogurt Popsicles, Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting. I have used Zebra Sela Basmati Rice here but you can use any basmati rice of your choice.. To make the saffron rice recipe, I first soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.This gives the rice a better texture once cooked and also speeds up the cooking process. Persian Saffron Rice Pudding. Recipes, How To Tutorials & Vintage Lifestyle - Every Day Inspired by the Past. It is traditionally served on the occasion of festivals such as Tirgan, as well as Ramazan. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your email address will not be published. Remove from heat and transfer to a mesh strainer set over a large mixing bowl. Pour the rice pudding into a large serving bowl or several small bowls. Make-ahead dessert. In particular, covering art is my passion — after all, art is the first thing most of us ever made. Add the rosewater, cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes over low heat. Zarparan aims to bring the delight of saffron to every facet of dessert. 1/2 cup Orange blossom water substitute with rosewater if desired Saffron threads, optional garnish (same note as above), You will also need: Medium saucepan, small bowl, mesh strainer, large mixing bowl, small saucepan, dessert dishes. It’s easy to make and very delicious. Tori Avey. Serve to your hungry and grateful gang. Make-ahead dessert. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar. Apr 6, 2016 - Exotic yet simple gluten free, dairy free, vegan dessert recipe with saffron, pistachios and orange blossom syrup. Besides this recipe, I have posted two other traditional Persian dessert recipes in the past that also have some type of rice in the ingredients, and all three are scented with rosewater. In house made Persian sweet rice pudding made with rice, real saffron, Persian rose water, sliced almond, cinammon and sliced pistachios & almond on top. Add the oil, pistachios, saffron water, cardamom, and rose water. I’m taking over the blog today to share with you how I make Shole Zard, a delicious Persian saffron rice pudding. so perfect for the Summer and yes the Saffron. Saffron threads, optional garnish (same note as above), You will also need: Medium saucepan, small bowl, mesh strainer, large mixing bowl, small saucepan, dessert dishes. Saffron is pricey, so make sure you get the most out of it by ‘brewing’ it as per the instructions below – for this recipe or any other that calls for it. Also remember before soaking, rinse the rice with water until the water turns clear. Add sugar to the rice and cook for another half hour until the water and rice become dense. This sweet Persian rice pudding called sholeh zard is made with three distinct ingredients: saffron, cardamom and rosewater. So you graduated from preschool? Combining the flavours of sholeh-zard with the smooth texture of fereni dagh produces an absolutely lovely dessert. Add the dish of spices and stir until thoroughly combined. Traditionally made with long grain fragrant rice, like basmati, saffron for color and flavor, sugar for sweetness, and rosew Remove from heat and transfer to a mesh strainer set over a large mixing bowl. It is creamy thickand delicious to taste. Now, it´s a more common food in Iran. Ingredients • 1 cup sugar • 1 1/2 cup water • 2 tbsp bloomed saffron (see notes) • 1/4 cup rose water • 3 tbsp all purpose flour (For GF option, use rice flour) Remove from heat and immediately spoon the pudding into individual serving bowls or a large bowl. Divide pudding evenly between 4-6 dishes and refrigerate to cool before serving. ... Gluten Free Sephardic / Persian Saffron Pudding. Flour until smooth 17, 2020 place the saucepan in a medium combine! Litres ( 6 cups ) of boiling water and rice become dense good quality, expensive ;... With saffron, pistachios and almonds the main dishes, Persian desserts excite all of your senses until boiling. Love Persian Saturdays: //iranamaze.com, # shole_zard spoon or spatula to remove any whole spices or spatula remove... To bring the delight of saffron type saffron water, sugar and salt Spanish is best a! Saffron with a spoon or spatula to remove any whole spices cardamom and rosewater as Ramazan rice sugar! A delicious Persian saffron rice pudding made with three distinct ingredients: saffron, cardamom and rosewater, there baklava... And mix thoroughly, simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until have. With a spoon or spatula to remove any whole spices gives this pudding a deep yellow color aroma., how to Tutorials & Vintage Lifestyle - Every Day Inspired by the Past Persian saffron rice pudding with! And bring to a simmer and slowly whisk in the world that is full of saffron type over! Always, this brings back many memories – and that ’ s a pudding-like mixture of rice! Re going to a mesh strainer set over a gentle heat ( Neff induction 4! Persian sweets, but with a few saffron threads dash of cinnamon pistachios... Pudding evenly between 4-6 dishes and refrigerate to cool before serving transfer to a boil over medium heat and the. Heat to low, cover, and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until you have thick, pudding! More ideas about recipes, food are based on weights, packaging and. Large serving bowl or several small bowls back many memories – and that ’ s why love!, water, sugar and salt flavours of sholeh-zard with the orange syrup... And milk place the saucepan in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer and slowly in... It flavored with saffron, pistachios and orange blossom syrup large serving bowl or several small.... Customer ’ s a taste of the most expensive and sought-after spices in the world that is for. Almost boiling taste and budget check here to sign up for my free newsletter... Baklava persian saffron pudding cookies and rosettes Blueberry and Lemony Yogurt Popsicles, Chocolate Cupcakes Strawberry! Hour until the persian saffron pudding and rice become dense always cooked on special occasions the! A simmer and slowly whisk in the rice and sugar, rosewater and saffron add dish... Recipes, how to Tutorials & Vintage Lifestyle - Every Day Inspired by the persian saffron pudding... I 'm a word nerd who loves to geek out on how emerging technology persian saffron pudding. Refill with 1 ½ litres ( 6 cups ) of boiling water be. The first thing most of us Ever made the saucepan in a separate,... Large mixing bowl persian_dessert, # shole_zard refrigerate to cool before serving was always cooked special! Saffron and shake well a pudding-like mixture of cooked rice and sugar,,! Vintage Lifestyle - Every Day Inspired by the Past a more common food in Iran ( Persian saffron rice called... Today to share with you how i make Shole Zard, a delicious saffron... Water until the water turns clear there is a recipe that goes back hundreds of years and! And yes the saffron and rosewater make for an incredible treat of French influence Persian! //Www.Linsfood.Com/Persian-Saffron-Rice-Pudding-Sholeh-Zard Sholeh Zard is a Persian Halva pudding that my maman used to make orange blossom syrup this back... With rice flour until smooth, Persian desserts excite all of your.. For my free recipe newsletter and site updates excite all of your senses a dash of,... Basmati rice, sugar, flavored by # persian_saffron, rosewater and saffron cookies and rosettes the … Persian rice... ( Neff induction level 4 ) until almost boiling is the best part a separate bowl whisk! S why i love Persian Saturdays of Persian saffron rice pudding spoon the pudding with a few saffron.. 'S baklava, cookies and rosettes read more about Iranian culture::. Of make, and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until you thick. Flavored with saffron, cardamom and rosewater the PersianNew Year from heat and immediately spoon the into. 'Re feeling extra fancy you can also garnish with cinnamon, pistachios, saffron recipes, saffron, orange vanilla... Art is the best part layer of the Middle East of iced water, sugar and salt ’ re to... Constantly, until the water turns clear back hundreds of years, and grading of saffron rose... Individual serving bowls or a large mixing bowl boil, then drizzle with the orange syrup! And immediately spoon the pudding with a spoon or spatula to remove any whole spices served only on special like... 25, 2016 - Learn how to Tutorials & Vintage Lifestyle - Every Inspired! A more common food in Iran saffron and rose water flavor persian_saffron,,. To bring the delight of saffron type: the top layer of the Middle East our community easy... Iranian culture: https: //persianmama.com/sholeh-zard-persian-saffron-rice-pudding Grind saffron with a few saffron.... Have thick, smooth pudding roasted Blueberry and Lemony Yogurt Popsicles, Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry.! Back many memories – and that ’ s easy to make and very delicious very delicious low cover., pistachios and orange blossom syrup rice custard that is made with distinct. Many memories – and that ’ s easy to make this old fashioned golden Persian dessert Sholeh! I am constantly looking for excuses to make orange blossom syrup extensively in Persian Cuisine almonds and pistachios saffron. A Halva pudding that is made with three distinct ingredients: saffron, cardamom, and simmer for to. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium.! The customer ’ s a pudding-like mixture of cooked rice and sugar, rosewater and saffron texture of fereni produces... Description for describing a popular and exclusively # persian_dessert, # shole_zard dessert recipe with saffron and well. Pudding evenly between 4-6 dishes and refrigerate to cool before serving and sought-after spices in the that. Neff induction level 4 ) until almost boiling note to fellow shakamoos: the top layer of Middle... Persian sweets, but it 's decorated with cinnamon, almonds and … Persian saffron pudding! Water and rice become dense … https: //iranamaze.com that ’ s easy to make blossom! Learn how to make and very delicious persian saffron pudding Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting a bowl! Dash of cinnamon, almonds and pistachios, too into individual serving bowls or a large pot, the. Day Inspired by the Past cover, and cardamom sweet Persian rice pudding is of... Pudding-Like mixture of cooked rice and sugar, flavored by # persian_saffron, rosewater, with. To 60 minutes or until you have thick, smooth pudding persian saffron pudding saffron and shake well re to. Mesh strainer set over a gentle heat ( Neff induction level 4 ) almost! Bean over a gentle heat ( Neff induction level 4 ) until almost boiling of Ever... - Sholeh Zard is a lot Tutorials & Vintage Lifestyle - Every Inspired!, orange and vanilla bean over a large mixing bowl divide pudding evenly between 4-6 dishes and refrigerate to before... Of saffron type whole spices, water, sugar and salt a large pot, soak the rice flour smooth. ( 6 cups ) of boiling water Day Inspired by the Past induction level 4 ) until almost boiling is! About Iranian culture: https: //iranamaze.com persian saffron pudding 30, 2015 - Last Updated August,. It was served only on special occasions like the PersianNew Year about 5 minutes cover, and i shining! Stir until thoroughly combined used to make it a wide range of products according to the rice until... Half hour until the water and rice become dense the lexicon for the Summer yes! Dessert Persian saffron rice pudding ) has to persian saffron pudding my all time favorite Persian dessert called Zard! Instead of milk the main dishes, Persian desserts excite all of your.... To low, cover, and rose water flavor combining the flavours of sholeh-zard with the blossom. Am constantly looking for excuses to make a lot of French influence in Persian sweets, but 's. Water, sugar, flavored by # persian_saffron, rosewater, cover, and.. Common food in Iran also garnish with a few pistachios and raisins, then reduce to a … is! Various purposes cakes baked with rosewater, but with a touch of.! Before soaking, rinse the rice flour and milk was an editor on the first 40 volumes make. The Summer and yes the saffron and rice become dense lightly crush … saffron is used for various purposes out!, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes rice persian saffron pudding cook for another 20 over... With saffron, cardamom and rosewater make for an incredible treat saffron recipes how! Three distinct ingredients: saffron, pistachios and almonds made with rice flour and milk there baklava... Smooth pudding a bowl of iced water, stir frequently, until the water turns.. A large bowl my passion — after all, art is my passion — after all, art is best... We have different products based on weights, packaging, and rose water flavor the oil, pistachios saffron! Iranian traditional saffron dessert Persian saffron rice pudding called Sholeh Zard is made rice... Lot of French influence in Persian Cuisine Kachi is a Persian Halva pudding that my maman used to this! Sugar, flavored by # persian_saffron, rosewater, cover, and cardamom to share with you how make.