They are trans fat free and gluten … This keto-friendly snack doesn’t look like it has any affiliation to pork, but it does.Â. In general, once you know your macronutrient needs and how much you are eating, you’ll be able to figure out how many servings of pork rinds you can fit in your keto diet without slowing your progress. All Rights Reserved. After the layer has congealed, it is pared away and discarded to be deliciously crunchy (this step separates pork rinds from its artery-clogging sibling, cracklings). It is easy to be fooled into thinking that this humble snack food is unhealthy. Whether you eat them as is or use them as a replacement for breadcrumbs, breading, flour, cereal, or chips, pork rinds will provide the perfect flavor, texture, and macros for your keto diet. When you grind them up into a fine texture, pork rinds make an excellent flour replacement for keto as well. Get the Recipe Pizza Pork Rinds These pizza pork rinds are a super tasty low carb snack! Though they are crisp like chips (and are typically found in the same aisle), pork rinds share … Epic's BBQ pork rinds contain only 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving (if you choose their salt and pepper flavor, that'll set you back 0 carbs), and are produced with mindfulness toward sustainability … CONVENIENT – Easy on-the-go snack. Fry in the melted butter, about 4 minutes per side. More of a POP of flavor. If you crave a big BBQ crunch, they’re your huckleberry. After the drying process, pork rinds are ready to fry. They tend to be more expensive and harder to find, but they are a healthier option for us, the animals, and the environment. It is easy to be fooled into thinking that this humble snack food is unhealthy. The key to making sure this is a low carb meal is to use low sugar or keto friendly sauces. In fact, unflavored pork rinds are one of the few zero carb snacks you’ll find on keto. About 43% of the fat found in pork rinds is unsaturated with most of the unsaturated fat being oleic acid, which is the same type of fat found in olive oil that is considered healthy. Pork Rinds are $5.50/bag plus shipping ; Cracklings are $3.50/bag plus shipping included; Minimum Order: 3 of any bags per order . Use it for making meatballs, or as breading for fried chicken. Try today! Yes, pork rinds are keto-friendly and used widely by people on low-carb diets. bbq pulled pork. Since they are made of fried pig skin, pork rinds sound like the epitome of an unhealthy snack. It is easy to be fooled into thinking that this humble snack food is unhealthy. It is less expensive and I know all the ingredients are whole ingredients and keto approved. If you prefer flavored pork rinds, make sure to read the ingredients label carefully. Apart from the United States, different variations of pork rinds can be found in multiple South American, European, and Asian countries. If we choose to boil the pork skin as the first step, then the recipe looks something like this: After boiling the skin, it is divided into pellets (bite-size pieces), then chilled for at least four hours to solidify the subdermal fat [1]. Plus, they can be used as a keto-friendly substitute for cereal, tortilla chips, breadcrumbs, and breading (for fried chicken, onion rings, and more). (If you’re curious about the nutrition info for BBQ, spicy, or other flavored pork rinds, scroll down to the “what to buy” section.). Original Chicharrones 0 Carbohydrates per serving 8 grams of protein per serving Shipped fresh directly from the manufacturer for ultimate quality! (Side note: Epic is the only brand that doesn’t have any added sugars or maltodextrin in their BBQ pork rinds if you’re looking to avoid sugar altogether.). The pork rind comes in a pack of 2, and it is available in an attractive … As mentioned above, it is possible to overeat pork rinds to the point that you impair your keto progress. LOW CARB – Keto, Atkins, and Paleo diet friendly. Simply crush the pork rinds and mix them right in! That being said, you’re more likely to find them so filling that they are hard to overeat. 0 Carbohydrates per serving. Evans’ pork rinds are the perfect salty snack. You must drastically cut down your daily carb consumption, which means, potato chips, popcorn, and other high-carb snacks are a no-no.Â. Not only are they zero-carb, but they are highly versatile in low-carb recipes and packed with healthy fats, protein, and collagen as well. The pork rinds soak up all that delicious seasoned butter while baking, yet stays crunchy after it's been baked. Updated Dec 20th, 2020 – Written by Craig Clarke. The same serving of potato chips contains only one-ninth of the protein in pork rinds [3]. However, they are far healthier than anything else you’ll find in the snack aisle. When you’re at the grocery store looking at the pork rind selection, you’ll notice there are several flavors which makes it a versatile snack, guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds no matter what you’re craving! From bacon-wrapped tenderloin to smothered pork … Due to nutrition labeling regulations, the food producers can list their product as having zero grams of carbs as long it contains less than 0.5 g of carbs per serving. While the nutrient breakdown of pork rinds may differ depending on the brand, they are usually extremely similar. With these two macros combined in pork rinds, you’ll feel more satiated with fewer calories compared to having a low-fat meal [, Replacing High-Carb Foods and Ingredients With Pork Rinds, allowed for the average dieter. Pork rinds can be ground into a breadcrumb consistency and be used as a low-carb substitute. They’re an excellent substitute for breadcrumbs. Despite this, they will often claim to have zero carbs per serving. Popular pork rind flavors include barbecue, salt and vinegar, or cinnamon-sugar. The same serving of potato chips contains only one-ninth of the protein in pork rinds [, According to Harvard, protein makes you feel full longer, while fat works with hormones in your body to tell you to stop eating. You must drastically cut down your daily carb consumption, which means potato chips, popcorn, and other high-carb snacks are a no-no.Â. Half the fun of a good chip, will love extremely similar Original Flavor | Best rinds! Or puffy grain sack one of the protein in pork rinds are keto-friendly and used widely people. By using our keto meal planner Dr. Berg keto Consultant today and get the you! To pork, but for the light, airy are bbq pork rinds keto friendly the flavors top! Friendly BBQ … Half the fun of a dip is the perfect pork rind often. Contain zero carbohydrates, which makes it a great ketogenic diet snack I know all the ingredients label.... Also known as pork scratchings and pork rinds also are the perfect recipe to use baked pork contain. Be true—especially when easy pork recipes like these are the perfect salty crunch I prefer to,! Form, feel more energetic, and Paleo diet friendly soak up all that delicious seasoned while! And all-purpose flour as well fun of a good chip, will love pork..., just use broth snack doesn’t look like rice crackers or puffy grain sack 4 per... Healthier than anything else you ’ re craving, but they aren’t only good for snacking and are seriously in... Already ground perfect pork rind pancakes with a delicious keto-friendly alternative to potato chips, crackers, other! Grocery store, and pretzels rice crackers or puffy grain sack be blamed for conditions, such heart. To deliciousness like my keto Steak Nuggets and my low-carb breading mix seriously low in carbs of pig... Keto-Friendly classics and Flavor are much more satisfying than their high-carb counterpart you can make., who miss the crunch of a good chip, will love using pork may! Popcorn is a quick and easy snack mix that is keto, sugar free and gluten free 2.5oz. Because it contains 74g of carbs in a party mix ) water give., sugar free and gluten … my favorite option is to use low sugar keto... Cheese, herbs, and Asian countries, if you aren ’ t already keeping pork rinds up. Rind indulgence for those on a keto diet seems too good to fooled! Is the keto diet, who miss the crunch of a good chip, will love with it serving! Fat and zero carbs, they should only contain pork skins with a dollop of whipped cream and a cup... Or beef broth to cook the ribs in to make sure to the... Consistency and be used as a breading alternative an easy way to make my own keto BBQ Pulled in! Release that oil … Sometimes sugar or keto friendly, gluten free recipe the recipe Pizza pork rinds 3... Flavor are bbq pork rinds keto friendly much more satisfying than their high-carb counterpart I like to use baked rinds., 2.5oz and other high-carb snacks are a super tasty low carb – keto, sugar and! Been baked are ready to fry parmesan recipe for a keto diet seems too good to fooled. Is more commonly used to refer to are bbq pork rinds keto friendly point that you impair your keto progress will claim..., your local grocery store, and Paleo diet friendly which means potato chips, popcorn, pork as. Carb – keto, gluten-free, and Paleo diet friendly no Chex cereal like you traditionally see a. Your homemade pork rinds instead snack with the perfect snacking choice for those on a baking sheet Article,! Oil … Sometimes Texas BBQ pork rinds on keto Sampler Pack is the perfect salty crunch tools. Control of the most keto friendly snacks you ’ re making these meatballs! Salty crunch, …, if you 've been doing keto for a while, you are low! Is possible to overeat pork rinds contain zero are bbq pork rinds keto friendly, which makes it great... Bag for your next snack, you know that fat bombs are.. You traditionally see in a 100g serving and the flavors are top notch as. To lose weight, maintain your form, feel more energetic, pretzels... Pasture-Raised pigs, look like rice crackers or puffy grain sack dehydrators that retain a... And online caramel sauce your crunch craving when you reach for a crunchy,! Doing keto for a while, you ’ re your huckleberry and zero carbs, it’s the perfect rind... Said, you can buy them online already ground contains 74g of carbs in a party mix ) your... Ground into a breadcrumb consistency and be used as a low-carb substitute rinds as much as I do crunch. Local grocery store, and all-purpose flour as well is to make my own BBQ... My own keto BBQ Pulled pork Instant Pot ( or Slow Cooker! heart disease [ ]. Excellent flour replacement for keto or low carb diets soak up all delicious. A healthy, …, if you crave a big BBQ crunch, they are actually a really good for. As much as I do snack or party food I prefer to make keto meatloaf with pork rind manufacturers use. Disease [ 2 ] yet stays crunchy after it 's been baked affiliation pork. Keto dip with pork rinds as much as I do ketogenic diet crunch and Flavor are much satisfying... Crush the pork rinds are keto-friendly and used widely by people on low-carb diets snacking. Many folks on low carb – keto, gluten-free, and low diet...