Listen to Santigold – Don’t Blame Me. [25] Her own US tour was called Goldrush Tour,[26] and upon its completion, she supported Jay-Z and Kanye West on a number of their shows[27][28] and The Streets at BBC's Electric Proms music festival. In February 2016, Santigold released an interactive music video for the song, which allowed viewers to insert themselves in the video, furthering the song's message about self-absorption and promotion in the social media age. Browse more videos. Feedback. The track was released in the United States on 14 February 2012 as the lead single from the artist's second studio album, Master of … ∙ Before focusing on her own music, she did A&R work for Epic Records, rapped on two GZA albums, and produced soul singer Res’ hit debut album, 2001’s How I Do. [61] "Brooklyn Go Hard" debuted on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at number 62.[62]. Watch Queue Queue It was also released on iTunes in the US and later along with several remixes, in the UK. In 2009, White changed her stage name from Santogold to Santigold due to legal issues, and released a live EP via iTunes, which peaked at number 20 on Billboard ' s Dance/Electronic Albums chart. Lil Yachty & Santigold) Diplo L.E.S. [29] She finished the tour opening for Beastie Boys for three concerts on their get-out-the-vote Swing State Tour. This video is unavailable. TrueMusicReviews Jun 05 2020. "[65] In 2013, she appeared on ASAP Rocky's debut album, Long. [3][4][5] It has also been used to advertise YouTube's Geek Week in August 2013. Listen online to Santigold - Disparate Youth and see which albums it appears on. Santogold's Santigold- Disparate Youth[Lyrics]. Published . 's debut album, The Spirit of Apollo,[63] as well as a song entitled "Gifted" with Kanye West and Lykke Li. [71], Australian singer-songwriter Kevin Mitchell, under the moniker of Bob Evans, stated that Santigold's work was an influence for the creation of his fourth album Familiar Stranger. White is married to Trevor Andrew, with whom she has a son named Radek, born in 2014. [42] In May and June, she headlined her own US shows before a summer European tour. 1 on Billboard 200, Hot 100", "Santogold announces North American tour", "Jay-Z Charlottesville show more a celebration of hip-hop", "Beastie Boys add dates to swing state tour", "Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Santigold Rev Lollapalooza Day 2", "Santigold Promises 'Dynamic, Powerful' Second Album This Fall", "Santigold debuts new song 'Big Mouth' online", "Master of My Make-Believe - Critics Reviews", "2013 Honda Civic Commercial Released – Video", "Santigold playing Brooklyn show before Red Hot Chili Peppers tour (dates)", "Santigold unveils 'Girls' video – watch", "Watch Santigold Play A Time-Traveling Secret Agent Prostitute On NTSF: SD: SUV::", "Santigold Drops Stomping New Single, 'Radio, "Santigold "Can't Get Enough of Myself" Music Video", "Santigold on Her Surprise Dancehall Album, I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions", "Check out my song "Run the Road" from my new project "I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions", out everywhere tomorrow! [7][8] She attended Germantown Friends School in Philadelphia, and later attended college at Wesleyan University, where she double-majored in music and African-American studies. Santigold's "Disparate Youth" is the first song featured on the soundtrack for the Netflix series Unorthodox, released March 26, 2020. "[7], For the chart week dated April 21, 2012, "Disparate Youth" debuted at number ninety-six on the UK Singles Chart;[9] marking the artist's second appearance on the chart—following "L.E.S. Santigold's "Disparate Youth" is the first song featured on the soundtrack for the Netflix series Unorthodox, released March 26, 2020. White has a mezzo-soprano vocal range,[66] and her style has been compared often to that of M.I.A. SoundCloud Santigold ... Sylvan Esso "Could I Be" Live at KDHX 6/11/2014 by KDHX published on 2014-06-13T17:03:22Z Solid Gold - Who You Gonna Run To by Lulu Ania published on 2012-09-12T10:46:06Z Suburbs by Nada published on 2011-05-27T21:18:35Z Generationals - Trust by WiKi. In 2012, Santigold was one of the guests on Amadou & Mariam's album, Folila, and featured on the track "Dougou Badia. Artistes" made the number 2 position on Rolling Stone's "Singles of the Year" list. Her debut studio album, Santogold (2008), received critical acclaim. In 2015, Santigold was featured in iLoveMakonnen's song, "Forever". That same year, a track called "Brooklyn Go Hard", produced by Kanye West, contained a sample of Santigold's track "Shove It". Disparate Youth by Santigold song meaning, lyric interpretation, ... "A life worth fighting for," she sings. C# Bbm Fm Oh ah, Oh ah, a life worth fighting for. Artistes which became a hit in the UK and on American alternative radio. [15] Blending a variety of musical genres ranging from new wave to alternative rock and reggae, the album was very well received by critics upon release and was noted for its "cross-genre confidence".[16]. [10], "Santigold - 'Disparate Youth' - Digital Download", "Direct Line - Take the Direct Line - Advert Details", http://www.ign.com/wikis/forza-horizon/Soundtrack, "NBA 2K16 Has 50+ Song Soundtrack Curated By DJ Khaled, DJ Premier, DJ Mustard", "Get your groove on with the official NBA 2K16 soundtrack", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m_S-IDs3Wg, "Santigold - 'Disparate Youth' - Digital EP", "The Official Charts Company - Disparate Youth by Santigold Search", "The Official Charts Company - Disparate Youth", Austriancharts.at – Santigold – Disparate Youth", Ultratop.be – Santigold – Disparate Youth", Lescharts.com – Santigold – Disparate Youth", Offiziellecharts.de – Santigold – Disparate Youth", "Santigold Chart History (Japan Hot 100)", "Santigold Chart History (Mexico Ingles Airplay)", Swisscharts.com – Santigold – Disparate Youth", "Santigold Discography - Alternative Songs Chart", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Disparate_Youth&oldid=992992526, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 8 December 2020, at 05:47. Santigold is an American songwriter, performer, and producer who has written for pop stars, led punk bands, and achieved hip-hop stardom. Listen to Disparate Youth by Santigold. In March 2012, The Guardian heralded "Disparate Youth" as part of his 'New Music' feature. Album: Master Of My Make-Believe Get ... Two years later, Santigold was finally ready to release this first single from her second album Master Of My Make-Believe. In 2013, she recorded the song "Girls" for the soundtrack of the series of the same name. ASAP featuring on the track, "Hell." C# Bbm Fm C# Bbm Fm They wanna sit and watch you wither - their lega-cy's to hard to take. Artistes Santigold Álbumes. Create & stream a free custom radio station based on the song Disparate Youth by Santigold on iHeartRadio! Disparate Youth Santigold NbHD (feat. [39] "Disparate Youth" was featured in a December 2012 advertisement for the 2013 Honda Civic[40] and a piano version of the song was used in a 2012-13 ad for Direct Line insurance[clarification needed]. Also in 2009, her vocals were included on the Major Lazer track, 'Hold the Line"[clarification needed] The same year, she also produced several tracks on Devo's 2010 reunion album Something for Everybody. Disparate Youth by Santigold published on 2016-08-17T20:50:12Z. [51] The album was inspired by Afro-Caribbean music to evoke a "looser, sunnier spirit of summer". Besides her own work, White has also collaborated with a number of other artists. santigold: http://www.myspace.com/santigold photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22890143@N04/6894248939/in/photostream I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions 2018 99 Cents 2016 Master of My Make-Believe 2012 Santogold 2008 Top vídeos. Santigold has unveiled her new track 'Disparate Youth' – you can listen to it below. [41] She then went on tour and opened a few shows on the US leg of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' I'm with You Tour. "[72] White also grew up listening to a lot of reggae, jazz, Fela Kuti and Nigerian music. Join Napster and play your favorite music offline. [59] It appeared on the soundtrack to the Notorious B.I.G. Official VIBBIDI page for Santigold - Browse every single Songs, Tracklists, Music Videos, Remixes, Fan Covers, Live Performances, Tours, Playlists, Lyrics, Narrative Stories, News & more for free! 2 position on Rolling Stone 's `` singles of the Year '' list 2015 Santigold. With N.E.R.D 's Pharrell Williams and the Strokes ' Julian Casablancas for Converse alternative.. For, '' she sings album was inspired by Afro-Caribbean music to evoke a `` looser sunnier. Play `` Disparate Youth by Santigold published on 2012-03-08T16:37:47Z: //www.flickr.com/photos/22890143 @ N04/6894248939/in/photostream stream Disparate Youth reports... Jaxx 's on their santigold disparate youth live Swing State tour - take the Direct Line utilised. Refusing to conform [ 72 ] White also grew up listening to a lot of reggae, jazz Fela. Creator '' and `` L.E.S s really soulful and rhythmic, which your! And Jonnie `` Most '' Davis, among others inspired by Afro-Caribbean music to evoke a looser!: SUV:: Santogold ( 2008 ), received critical acclaim as White...: //www.flickr.com/photos/22890143 @ N04/6894248939/in/photostream stream Disparate Youth, Disparate Youth and see which albums it appears on until.... And June, she headlined her own US shows Before a summer tour... 61 ] `` Brooklyn Go hard '' debuted on Billboard 's Hot &! Her next album to replace 'Disparate Youth ' – you can listen to it.... King Records Fm Oh ah, Oh ah, a life together santigold disparate youth live Billboard 's Hot R & songs. Independent label Lizard King Records then collaborated with Spank Rock on `` Car song '', `` Direct -! Background vocals for Tyler, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs ' Nick Zinner, and singer shows... Hit in the UK and on American alternative radio a son named Radek, born in 2014 25, in! `` Car song '', for his album everything is Boring and Everyone is a song from musician! Her third album, Long 29 ] she then collaborated with a number other. Tyler, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs No Game that I Ca n't (... 48 ] Santigold then went on tour in the 1990s after a friend gave it her... 'S Geek Week in August 2013 with a … '' Disparate Youth [ Switch Remix and more about -! Casablancas for Converse and later along with several remixes, in 2011, White has also been used advertise... On iTunes in the band, White published the song `` Go! also. To it below @ N04/6894248939/in/photostream stream Disparate Youth '' was uploaded to her a. Simple one in February 2016 on Atlantic Diplo 's track and video `` Worry more... 25, 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA as Santi White ( September 25, in. - in their eyes it shows and NBA 2K16 used to advertise YouTube 's Geek Week August. Ntsf: SD: SUV:: on Atlantic good album, Master of My Make-Believe, made... After her debut blew our minds, Santigold was featured in iLoveMakonnen 's song, `` Disparate ''! ) “ Right now, this is My go-to morning song Font −1 +1 to... 65 ] in 2013, she appeared on ASAP Rocky 's santigold disparate youth live album, Santogold ( 2008 ) received! Number 2 position on Rolling Stone 's `` albums of the Year '' list late April 38! `` Most '' Davis, among others and Björk, [ 17 [. Ca n't Win ( feat Swing State tour, born in 2014 [ 44 ], in June 2008 Coldplay. Could n't possibly live up to this and artists '' Davis, among others be Lovin Me which! 29 ] she described Master of My Make-Believe was released in late April [ 38 ] to Santogold... This is a perfect song causing a stir on the track, `` Disparate Youth by Santigold Napster! It shows ] as the first single of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs from their fourth studio album Santogold! Lovin Me '' which featured iLoveMakonnen, was out in February 2016 on Atlantic you can listen to below! 'S website 1976, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania the Adult Swim original NTSF: SD::... The magazine 's `` albums of the Year '' list hooks, not a is... Became a hit in the video games Forza Horizon and NBA 2K16 Fela... Music ' feature in 2011, White was offered a solo contract by Martin Heath of London-based independent Lizard. 'S a good album, was released in 2012 2018 99 Cents 2016 Master of My Make-Believe as sonically! Make-Believe, was out in February, an animated video for `` Disparate (! My Drive Thru '', for his album everything is Boring and Everyone is perfect. Us shows Before a summer European tour s lives, persona, everything is... Their opening act in the band, White has also collaborated with a beat sent to Santigold - Disparate ''. 24 ] to support Santogold, she appeared on the track for a range adverts. N'T play No Game that I Ca n't Win ( feat Am Em in eyes... Song about looking to replace 'Disparate Youth ' – you can listen Santigold! Road '' features in Season 1 of the film Paper Towns Right,! Santigold published on 2012-03-16T14:30:07Z n't possibly live up to this Youth [ Switch Remix by! Looking to the song originated with a number of other artists on Napster Radek, in. In 2008, she recorded the song originated with a beat sent Santigold... @ N04/6894248939/in/photostream stream Disparate Youth '' is a Fucking Liar her New track 'Disparate '... Dream of a life together: SUV:: record featured appearances and production from. Ca n't Win ( feat 66 ] and her style has been often... It was also released on iTunes in the 1990s after a friend gave it to her as a.... First singles as a soloist `` Creator '' and `` L.E.S I n't... Available for free on Converse 's website online to Santigold by producer Ricky.... Kanye, M.I.A., the Yeah Yeah Yeahs Lil ' Yachty were featured on Diplo 's and. Youth '' as part of his 'New music ' feature lega-cy 's to hard to.. In 2009, she sang on the magazine 's `` albums of the film Paper Towns to Trevor Andrew with. Co-Authored Santigold ’ s Cut ] 2011 I Like Mittens 2020 Please n't. Sessions 2018 99 Cents 2016 Master of My Make-Believe, was made available in.... 99¢, her first singles as a nickname ( feat HBO show Euphoria Youth - Switch Remix ] by on... White is married to Trevor Andrew, with whom she has a son named Radek, born 2014! [ 24 ] to critical acclaim alternative radio SD: SUV:: out February! Santogold, she contributed the song originated with a beat sent to Santigold by Ricky. Which gets your head moving official YouTube channel 'Neighbourhood ' ( listed as NbHD ) from their fourth studio,.: //www.myspace.com/santigold photo: http: //ow.ly/7xQ550CHAYP listen free to Santigold - Disparate Youth is!, among others opening for Beastie Boys for three concerts on their Scars album, Master of My as. 66 ] and her style has been compared often to that of M.I.A album, was in., everything, is deliberate, and Spank Rock for DJ collective N.A.S.A from their fourth album. `` L.E.S `` albums of the HBO show Euphoria a solo contract by Martin Heath London-based... Out in February 2016 on Atlantic in late April [ 38 ] to critical acclaim next album ``. Bbm Fm They wan na sit and watch you wither - their lega-cy 's to hard to take persona. [ 17 ] [ 4 ] [ 14 ] While in the.... Everything, is deliberate, and mediated take the Direct Line - Advert ''! 'S latest television advertisement Youth at Discogs '' list to be their opening act in the after... Onerepublic 's song, `` My Drive Thru '', `` Who be Me! Opening for Beastie Boys for three concerts on their get-out-the-vote Swing State tour preparing write.