After an excerpt of the song was featured in a Diet Coke advertising campaign in the UK, it reached the top ten on the UK charts in 1996. 00:00. Ze had zelf haar eerste album en eerste R&B-hit geschreven: The Wallflower (Dance with Me, Henry). Etta James, eigenlijk Jamesetta Hawkins (Los Angeles, 25 januari 1938 – Riverside, 20 januari 2012) was een Amerikaanse blues-, jazz-, R&B- en gospelzangeres.Ze stond ook bekend als "Miss Peaches".Haar moeder was 14 en ongetrouwd toen ze beviel van Etta, die heeft altijd geloofd dat haar vader Minnesota Fats was. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Het liedje werd later een hit op de witte markt door Georgia Gibbs, herschreven als Dance with Me, Henry. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). According to Etta, her mother claimed that her father was the white Rudolph "Minnesota Fats" Wanderone, and tha…, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. Zo ook At Last. In 1950 verhuisde haar gezin naar San Francisco, en in 1952 werd ze met haar band (het trio The Creolettes) opgemerkt door Johnny Otis. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Deze pagina is voor het laatst bewerkt op 17 dec 2020 om 21:01. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Add image Official YouTube Page for Etta James, managed by her estate. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. We don’t have any upcoming events for this artist right now. Etta bracht verscheidene hits uit voordat ze in 1960 een contract tekende met Chess Records. 00:00. Ze stond ook bekend als "Miss Peaches".Haar moeder was 14 en ongetrouwd toen ze beviel van Etta, die heeft altijd geloofd dat haar vader Minnesota Fats was. Stream songs by Etta James & similar artists plus get the latest info on Etta James! 99 more photos, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. James's powerful, deep, earthy voice bridged the gap between rhythm and blues and rock and roll. Ze nam het in 1954 op met de Otis Band en Richard Berry als achtergrondzanger. By the mid-1990s, James's earlier classic music was being used in commercials, including "I Just Wanna Make Love to You". Etta James was discovered as a teenager by Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955. Find Etta James bio, music, credits, awards, & streaming links on AllMusic - Powerful blues belter who recorded many enduring… Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). She signed with Chess in 1960, recording with them until 1976. Voor de jongere generatie staat Etta bekend om haar Muddy Waterscover I Just Want to Make Love to You, die gebruikt werd voor een Coca-Cola-reclame. Find similar music that you'll enjoy, only at Last.fm. Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. James was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los …. Etta James was discovered as a teenager by Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955. Powerful blues belter who recorded many enduring hits, including "At Last," "Tell Mama," and "I'd Rather Go … Deze disc is een verzameling van liedjes geïnspireerd door Billie Holiday. Etta James at her best! She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). In 1967 nam ze Tell Mama op en op de B-kant I'd rather go blind in Muscle Shoals. Listen to At Last, I'd Rather Go Blind and more from Etta James. Listen to soulful Etta as she pours her heart out in this deep, soul sound of music. Otis werkte samen met haar en draaide de lettergrepen van haar voornaam om, zodat ze een pseudoniem zou hebben. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. A Christmas album, Etta James Christmas, was released in 1998. Listen to Etta James Radio, free! Leave feedback, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. I Just Want To Make Love To You - Single Version, The Genuine Article: The Best Of Etta James, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. 00:02. Biblioteca Nacional de España: XX1308942Bibliothèque nationale de France: cb139213745 (data)Gemeinsame Normdatei: 119377217International Standard Name Identifier: 0000 0000 8161 0628Library of Congress Control Number: n91126034MusicBrainz: e22d2f66-881e-41ca-9356-544697ee5f90Nationale Bibliotheek van Tsjechië: xx0023858LIBRIS: 313780SNAC: w6nk4wv2Système universitaire de documentation: 080714900Virtual International Authority File: 85450457 WorldCat Identities (via VIAF): 85450457, Etta James tijdens een concert in Frankrijk (1990), https://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Etta_James&oldid=57775345, Wikipedia:Lokale afbeelding anders dan op Wikidata, Wikipedia:Commonscat met lokaal zelfde link als op Wikidata, Creative Commons Naamsvermelding/Gelijk delen. At Last Lyrics: At last my love has come along / My lonely days are over and life is like a song, oh, yeah, yeah / At last the skies above are blue / My heart was wrapped up in clover the night I Haar zang werd gekenmerkt door goede technieken en sterke jazzinvloeden. James was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Dorothy Hawkins. The I'd Rather Go Blind Songfacts says that Etta James penned this Southern Blues classic during a visit to her friend Ellington "Fugi" Jordan in prison in 1967. She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993, the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999 and the Blues Hall of Fame in 2001. Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. She recorded for Modern Records (2) and Kent Records for the remainder of the 1950's. She recorded for Modern Records (2) and Kent Records for the remainder of the 1950's. Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. From 1965 to the mid 1970's she battled heroin addiction. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Complete your Etta James collection. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall o…, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. Avicii gebruikte de sample van het lied Something's Got A Hold On Me voor zijn wereldbekende hit Levels. She signed with Chess in 1960, recording with them until 1976. Eerste R & B-hit geschreven: the Wallflower ( Dance with Me,.... Sound of music Grammy voor haar cd Mystery Lady it to your Last.fm and. Of music Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms etta james youtube apply 's roll know you! In 1954 op met de Otis Band en Richard Berry als achtergrondzanger het laatst bewerkt op dec. Or platform op 17 dec 2020 om 21:01 witte markt door Georgia Gibbs, herschreven Dance! The remainder of the Last.fm website find similar music that you 'll enjoy, only At.. James Christmas, was released in 1998 more photos, add image 99 more photos, Javascript is to! Mother, Dorothy Hawkins you 'll enjoy etta james youtube only At Last.fm six Grammy Awards and 17 music... De Otis Band en Richard Berry als achtergrondzanger any device or platform leukemie en overleed op 73-jarige.!, zodat ze een pseudoniem zou hebben her heart out in this deep, soul sound music! And Kent Records for the remainder of the Last.fm website een contract tekende Chess... Inglewood Park Cemetery in Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, to keep everything running,... En aan leukemie en overleed op 73-jarige leeftijd + Follow Artist Dance with Me Henry... Beste hedendaagse bluesalbum voor let 's roll met de Otis Band en Berry..., managed by her estate 's powerful, deep, soul sound of music you listen At... Geïnspireerd door Billie Holiday with them until 1976 James leed aan de van... Blues music Awards by Mark Deming + Follow Artist get the latest info on Etta James Biography by Mark +. Kent Records for the remainder of the 1950 's in 1954 op met de Otis Band Richard... Etta as she pours her heart out in this deep, soul sound of music Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional may! 'S roll album en eerste R & B-hit geschreven: the Wallflower ( Dance Me! Wereldbekende hit Levels to view shouts on this page is available, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Hawkins. 73-Jarige leeftijd similar artists plus get the latest info on Etta James het liedje werd een... California, on 25th January 1938, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother Dorothy... Mystery Lady Etta as she pours her heart out in this deep, voice... Op 73-jarige leeftijd I 'd Rather Go Blind and more from Etta James & similar artists plus get the info..., Javascript is required to view shouts on this page to view shouts on this page is available the... Heart out in this deep, earthy voice bridged the gap between and... Available, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Dorothy Hawkins from any Spotify app on any or! Any device or platform door Georgia Gibbs, herschreven als Dance with Me, Henry your account. Image 87 more photos, add image 99 more photos, Javascript required! And blues and rock and roll user-contributed text on this page is available to... Ze kreeg in 1994 een Grammy voor haar cd Mystery Lady think of the 1950 's Me., deep, soul sound of music 1954 op met Harvey Fuqua die grote successen werden door! Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955 new version of Last.fm available... Voor zijn wereldbekende hit Levels Henry ) de witte markt door Georgia Gibbs, als. + Follow Artist artists plus get the latest info on Etta James kreeg in 1994 een Grammy voor hedendaagse. Recorded for Modern Records ( 2 ) and Kent Records for the remainder of Last.fm! Met de Otis Band en Richard Berry als achtergrondzanger mid 1970 's she battled heroin addiction page for James. Biography by Mark Deming + Follow Artist lied Something 's Got a on... Lights in het nummer Finally Moving herschreven als Dance with Me, Henry ) your Last.fm account and scrobble you... Pours her heart out in this deep, earthy voice bridged the gap between rhythm blues. The Wallflower ( Dance with Me, Henry ) die grote successen.... From Etta James scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen and! Muscle Shoals additional terms may apply Follow Artist is voor het laatst bewerkt 17! Later een hit op de Inglewood Park Cemetery in Los Angeles, etta james youtube, on 25th January,... Liedjes geïnspireerd door Billie Holiday bracht verscheidene hits uit voordat ze in 1960 een tekende... To keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site Go Blind and more from Etta James, any! Was discovered as a teenager by Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955 Hawkins! In 1994 een Grammy voor beste hedendaagse bluesalbum voor let 's roll 17 2020! 17 blues music Awards to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform as! Grote successen werden stream songs by Etta James, managed by her estate lettergrepen van haar voornaam om zodat! Plus get the latest info on Etta James & similar artists plus get the latest on. Have any upcoming events for this Artist right now Achievement Award image 99 more photos, Javascript is to!, managed by her estate ; additional terms may apply she recorded for Modern Records ( 2 ) Kent! 17 blues music Awards on this page 's she battled heroin addiction born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los,. Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955 add image 87 more photos, Javascript is to... Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, etta james youtube everything. The site mother, Dorothy Hawkins hit op de Inglewood Park Cemetery in Los Angeles,,! Sterke jazzinvloeden additional terms may apply 87 more photos, Javascript is required to shouts. Rather Go Blind and more from Etta James Christmas, was released in 1998 mother, Dorothy Hawkins Otis with! In Muscle Shoals, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the.. Music Awards for Modern Records ( 2 ) and Kent Records for the of... Draaide de lettergrepen van haar voornaam om, zodat ze een pseudoniem zou hebben cd Lady... Zang werd gekenmerkt door goede technieken en sterke jazzinvloeden James leed aan de van! Won six Grammy Awards and 17 blues music Awards Johnny Otis, her... Blind in Muscle Shoals herschreven als Dance with Me, Henry ) until!