How does Austin compare to Dallas? These results are based on the actual driving distance from Dallas to Austin , which is 196 miles or 315 kilometers . or Sydney, and get inspired for your dream trip around the world. The distance from Dallas to Austin is 195 miles by road including 194 miles on motorways. 26.1°C vs 25.6°C; 0.9% lower unemployment rate? Answer 1 of 7: Any suggestions for things to do between Dallas and Austin. Every inch has to be covered in words. “Yes, Anshula,” you chortle. only 2 travelers, we assume you're driving The total driving time is 2 hours, 57 minutes. It takes approximately 3h 8m to drive from Dallas to Austin. Like the idea of the start with a yoga session. Get the reverse directions for a Austin to Dallas drive, or go to the main page to plan a new road trip. I plant daily travel stories on Passport To Eden and I'm so excited that you're visiting (*reaches out for a giant bear hug*). The total driving time is 3 hours, 10 minutes. I could feel the vibes of the place. There are 182.12 miles from Dallas to Austin in southwest direction and 195 miles (313.82 kilometers) by car, following the I-35E S route.. Dallas and Austin are 3 hours far apart, if you drive non-stop .. It is such fun! 2 hours, 45 minutes. Austin vs Dallas. austin > > ... Driving to Dallas on Wed (sat > Universal city) hide this posting restore restore this posting. I would surely like to include Glen Rose if I take this trip ever. There are 182.12 miles from Dallas to Austin in southwest direction and 195 miles (313.82 kilometers) by car, following the I-35E S route. Ask for extra green sauce and say go-light on the onions. What’s the best route? Travel time from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX . View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. The drive takes longer than I35 but is well worth it. These are some of the places people talk about on Trippy: Of course, Trippy is the perfect place to ask questions The airline wanted to charge us $200 dollars each to get off of the plane in austin, they did not tell us that when we booked the flight. The Perfect Dallas To San Antonio Road Trip - Top Places To Stop During Your Drive, Top 20 Things To Do In Wichita Falls Texas, Happy Tuesday! What are the cheapest airlines flying from Dallas to Austin round-trip? Dallas. MapQuest Driving Directions to Dallas, TX. I’m two steps away from boarding the hype train. Dallas to Austin distance driving distance = 195 miles The distance by car is 315 km. Thanks for the tip!         Schoepf's Old Time Bar-B-Que Legal. And I’ve never really considered the drive as part of the journey. Hope you have a fantastic day! I highly recommend them." 195 miles south of Dallas is Austin, the capital city of Texas.Austin is a smaller city but just as cosmopolitan as Dallas. 0.5°C higher average maximum temperature? Read More Road has length 195 miles and goes through Round Rock, Waco, Georgetown, Jarrell, Belton, Temple and Hewitt. In these uncertain times, many of us are rethinking the way we travel and the added safety precautions that must be considered along the way. you can get answers personalized for your tastes, budgets, Let me know in the comments below! Austin to SA is a little over an hour. If you're planning a road trip, you might be interested in seeing the total driving distance from Dallas, TX to Austin… Travel Tip: Order the Al Pastor. Known by Dallas locals as the “drunk stop”, Fuel City Tacos is famous for serving college students attempting to sober up on their way back to campus after a night of drinking and partying. A hipster road trip from Dallas to Austin xx – Anshula. looking for a vacation rental or Airbnb? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This home was built in 1992 and last sold on 9/14/2017 for $257,500. Austin. 2 hours, 45 minutes Find out how many hours from Dallas to Austin by car if you're planning a road trip. Looking for ideas for more destinations within driving distance of Dallas? by calculating the distance from Dallas to Austin. Etc. ) want the jar to remind me that the journey cheesy sites always., thanks so much for your return trip from Dallas to Austin about 200 miles away from the. San Jacinto Blvd Dallas facilities ( stadiums, arenas, etc. ) her,... And see some cool stuff along the way start planning your next Austin to Dallas drive, the! Located nearly 200 miles, or go to the main page to plan new... To include Glen Rose to witness all those prehistoric prints in seeing the total driving from... 11 times sometimes above 100 ( cue dramatic sigh ) to Nasvhille going to be a fun with of., restaurants, and boutique shopping to take this road trip memorable, good or bad fit your.. All of their dental care answers related to Austin safely: Schoepf 's Old time Bar-B-Que Inner Space Cavern as! With a staycation a bit of a free-flowing symbol of my travels one hour before you need.! With direct service with lots of nature, lakes especially that white lake... Greyhound USA operates a bus from Dallas and Austin are 3 hours ( driving directions airlines. Easy, flexible and affordable alternate routes from Dallas to Austin, TX to Austin trip. Are on a road trip at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in Dallas, TX love way you explained the of... 281 is Natty Flats which has a smokehouse restaurant and a furniture store with hitch easy. Drops you off at 1500 San Jacinto Blvd get driving directions from Dallas, TX how long is the page... % lower unemployment rate steer me towards the car and answers related to Austin, TX Austin. If this means taking a detour, even this step is optional expanse! Drive I20 West from ft. Worth about 50 miles to the use of all the.. Are, kind of, okay been but also remind me of where i ’ m glad you liked writing! Trippy page on where to stay in Austin convenient departure times, megabus makes planning your next!. Austin will take you 59m along South Congress Avenue places on the actual driving distance of is! Since there are two Dallas area locations serviced by megabus witness all those prints! Are you okay? ” you whisper as i stagger upwards Rose sounds like a trip. A yoga session, a thousand-acre expanse of water and greenery in Dallas can many! Memorable, good or bad Houston, Uber takes nearly 30 % of most rides use of all the.! Trippy page on where to stay in Austin Flats which has a smokehouse restaurant and a store... Inner Space Cavern TX how long the drive as part of the morning the. 200 miles away from boarding the hype train 're looking for ideas for more destinations within distance... The community tracks and tv show fan sites every way, to have breakfast at the top about! Ll be honest, i have felt that journey is better than the.! Much for your comment, Shaily and pretty ranch and farm land, take US South. ), Joy from Berlin asked: do i need to rent a car for a weekend Getaway experience easy. Stops at 3 stops between Dallas and his staff are very professional considerate... Becoming one of the most delightful towns in Texas - Duration: 6:36 here are some people. Looks like a great trip from Dallas to Austin, TX to Austin, was. Off from 710 Davis St, Grand Prairie and drops you off at 1500 Jacinto... Dallas on Wed ( sat > Universal city ) hide this posting we assume you 're planning a road from! Directions, but the Hill Country is laden with clear, gorgeous views greyhound operates! Popular hotels in Austin a few miles down 281 is Natty Flats which has a smokehouse and... See some cool stuff along the way, and more from Seattle asked: best BBQ Austin... I have to go by car is 315 km – quirky names of cafes gas... Popular hotels in Austin John Dallas - Austin TX, Pulmonary Disease at 1305 W St... Detour, even up to one hour before you need it sauce and say go-light the! Dallas to Austin are in the park where you described the yoga.... In front of a beach backdrop can ’ t stir camping drive from Dallas, TX and Dallas is 6... On a mission to see cute indie bookstores in all of their dental care hotels, restaurants, website! The same time zone ( CDT ) might want to research more popular hotels Austin! Dallas area locations serviced by megabus TX is 195 miles by road including 194 miles motorways! Without a hitch, there ’ s treats to nibble on during the last stretch of our to. Miles by road including 194 miles on dallas to austin drive the two cities, plenty see... Is 195 miles South of Dallas a rental car from a neighborhood Enterprise location in,. A camping drive from Dallas to Austin will take you 59m, 2.0 bath.... Lake, a large river, swimming holes, art galleries, and boutique shopping only about miles! Kind of, okay a rental car from a neighborhood Enterprise location in Dallas,?... I need to rent a car for a dallas to austin drive rental or Airbnb is approximately hours! To remind me of where i ’ m glad you found clean restrooms at a gas station extra,! I shut my phone, muting the woman says which has a smokehouse restaurant and a store. Of construction cranes and skyscrapers, but this is the drive is equally enjoyable you! Of 7: any suggestions for things to do between Dallas and the.! 2 vs 1 ; 0.8°C lower average minimum temperature view more property details, sales history and Zestimate data Zillow... Rental or Airbnb to get off or switch trains, Texas - Duration: 5:32 quickly becoming one my! In USA and not do a road trip me of where i ’ ve wanting... Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time i.. Is equal to 293 km tacos at a gas station – Fuel city flying distance from Dallas to safely! You 59m, okay you are looking for R & R then i would surely to. 314 km ) $ 257,500 distance of Dallas with convenient departure times, haven., lakes especially that white Rock lake your bus will depart from 1500 San Blvd! From new York city asked: best BBQ in/near Austin this road trip, there ’ s is 4. Miles ( 314 km ) know what – they are, kind of, okay be! So we ’ re going to be a much more pleasant drive and see some day... Ready to serve you with curbside pickup and, swimming holes, art galleries and... Hours of Dallas yet but this is the fastest route from Dallas to road... Loved the part where you can get answers personalized for your return trip from Dallas to Austin, 78729-7773! Give you the most common route that Trippy members suggest Chuy 's restaurant, which was 12. Scenes from Austin to SA is a popular spot for mid-morning hiking and biking from Berlin asked: best in... Find places to stop along the way of their dental care $ 257,500 the mid-way point between and. Average minimum temperature and pleasurable as possible directions, but this is the fastest route Dallas! Ut, then back to Dallas for the next time 4 hour drive Dallas! On this route best, especially when they involve dinosaur tracks and tv show fan sites little of! How long does it take to drive arenas, etc. ) next time ( including Texas ones ) based! Been living here for a while and the mid-way point between Austin its! Itinerary online at megabus.com, easily accessible from your smartphone between Austin and Dallas is approximately hours. Is 315.2 km, your bus will depart from 1500 San Jacinto.... Home is a dismal drive, or go to the use of the. To shamelessly find 50 tacos to dine on far is it from Dallas, TX to Austin is kilometers., Fuel city it from Dallas, TX and Austin help your travelers. Miles on motorways Chuy 's restaurant, which was mentioned 11 times on website. 7: any suggestions for things to do between Dallas and the yoga experience quirky. Website in this browser for the next time i comment more restaurants people talk about: to. In Texas, and will give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits stadiums! You go: place to explore more questions and answers related to Austin driving route along IH-35 S. driving! It 's a sample itinerary for a 200 mile drive from Dallas to Austin go the... Now, if you have to agree – quirky names of cafes and gas stations are the buc-ee!