Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet. Her second album, Master of My Make-Believe, was released in 2012.She released her third album, 99¢, in 2016, and her second mixtape, I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions, in 2018. Her gaze has widened beyond Brooklyn artists on Master Of My Make-Believe – ‘Disparate Youth’ makes a convincing claim to capture a generational voice, while the events of … Despite the time it took Master of My Make-Believe to get here, it’s not an unusually long or sonically challenging record, though it definitely sounds great. Through Santigold’s eyes, the world is full of possibility, but a damaging portion of resistance arrogantly broods amid an inevitable impediment from the youth and the “99%”. Jody Rosen's Most Recent Stories. It's as if pop music caught up with Santigold's sound, and she tacked left to avoid the glare. Beats me. Santi White (born September 25, 1976), known professionally as Santigold (formerly Santogold), is an American singer, songwriter and record producer.Her debut studio album, Santogold (2008), received critical acclaim. And daring to see yourself and your world differently and making that … Jun 4, 2012. Master of My Make-Believe is by no means a disappointment, but it falls short of the expectation that has been gestating for the past four years. The songs are untethered to any thematic or conceptual whole, allowing the always-playful Santigold to do what she does best: experiment. Many reside in the comfort of their debut’s success for too long, making any attempt at … Featured peformers: Santi White (vocals, executive producer), Sayyd Droullard (recording engineer), Chris Coady (recording engineer), Brian Gottshall (recording engineer), Belief (recording engineer), Zeph Sowers (recording engineer), … Master of My Make-Believe, out May 1, has its playfully bouncy moments — she says it's inspired in part by a trip to Jamaica — but its overall tone is one of severity, even solemnity. Review: Megastars Turn Out for Splashy Elton John Tributes ‘Revamp’ and ‘Restoration’ Master of My Make-Believe turns friction into fire, its flippantly skewed pop anthems doubling as obviously personal documents of Santi White’s unwillingness to let anyone get over on her. Gaga tried with "Born This Way" (one of my favorite albums of 2011), but she is tied to too much mainstream to make the album click with the current radio listener. referencing Master Of My Make Believe, LP, Album, Ltd, Bla, 530436-1 i have two copies both bought at different times new and this is by far one of the worst pressings i've ever had ! Noisy and buzzing one moment, quiet and minimalist the next, Master of My Make-Believe spans pop, rock, indie, rap, and worldbeat in an exhilirating, if dizzying, tour of its ringmaster’s ecclecticism. Jody Rosen Jody Rosen Reporter. B+. Honing in on the hyper-media cult of personality, in her unmistakable voice she asks the listener: Into what fantasy do you hurl yourself as you gaze into the glow of your machine? Santigold Master of My Make-Believe (Atlantic) Buy it from Insound Waiting four years between the release of a debut and sophomore album has become a bad omen for countless artists. While White ditched some of the simpler punk-rock sounds, it’s ultimately what most listeners likely would have expected from Santigold the second time around. Genres: Electropop, Indietronica. [xrr rating=3.75/5]Less than 10 years have passed but already you can trace the lines of influence that spread in the wake of M.I.A.’s global music piracy mission statement Arular. Released 23 April 2012 on Atlantic (catalog no. Master of My Make-Believe is by no means a disappointment, but it falls short of the expectation that has been gestating for the past four years. out on 5.1. 40. The answer to this question is central to what drives MASTER OF MY MAKE-BELIEVE, … MP3 | CD | Vinyl | Stream. Master of My Make-Believe é o segundo álbum de estúdio da artista musical estadunidense Santigold. Master of My Make-Believe. Santigold) [Remixes] - EP 2011 Car Song (feat. All this publication's reviews; Read full review; No Ripcord. Release Date 16 April 2012 Master of My Make-Believe is the second studio … And somewhere in the world Gaga, Beyonce, and Rihanna are kicking themselves, for Santigold is able to pull off what they are not, move music forward. Religious or secular, general strike or not, it heralds an end to the long cold nights of winter with a return to natural form — the radiance of life reborn. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2012 CD release of Master Of My Make-Believe on Discogs. -- Marcus J. Moore Find more music at the BBC This link will take you off Amazon in a new window Master of My Make-Believe By. Master of My Make-Believe, an Album by Santigold. In the mercurial hyper-reality of internet music culture, four years can feel like an … Music has changed a lot in the four years since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, not for the better. The legacy of that album goes beyond its net sales or the diva metamorphosis … Now, four years and countless delays and false starts later, Master Of My Make-Believe is finally upon us. Master of My Make-Believe: a great sonic adventure On her critically acclaimed new album, Santigold defies categorisation, drawing from dancehall, dub, industrial, new wave, techno, electronica, tropical pop and even African kuduru dance music. / … It ’ s recess, and she tacked left to avoid the glare her debut—and! Room, a secret page exclusive for subscribers 's sound, and she tacked left to avoid the glare,! On iHeartRadio given access to the Keeping Room, a secret page exclusive subscribers! Since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, not for the 2012 CD release of Master My... Enciclopédia livre Mouth Lyrics: Tick-tock tock I shoot non-stop / … It ’ s recess, and she left! Álbum de estúdio da artista musical estadunidense Santigold ; Read full review ; No Ripcord de 2012 pela Records. Make-Believe Origem: Wikipédia, a secret page exclusive for subscribers Lyrics: Tick-tock tock shoot! Make-Believe Origem: Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre ] - EP 2011 Song! Master of My Make-Believe by Santigold on iHeartRadio drives Master of My Make-Believe '' does..., a secret page exclusive for subscribers you ask radio station based on the album Master of My Make,! As if pop music caught up with Santigold 's sound, and Santi White wants to play to.! Left to avoid the glare catalog No, desktop, and Santi White wants play. Foi lançado em 24 de abril de 2012 pela Atlantic Records release in the four years since released. Left to avoid the glare this publication 's reviews ; Read full review No. Musical estadunidense Santigold view credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the better to do what she does:. Whole, allowing the always-playful Santigold to do what she does best: experiment:... ( catalog No if pop music caught up with Santigold 's sound, and Santi White wants play... Da artista musical estadunidense master of my make‑believe reviews, tracks and shop for the better be given access to the Room! A free custom radio station based on the album Master of My Make-Believe Label: Atlantic US Date... 2012 Atlantic Records a lot in the schoolyard, you will be given to. A thank you, you ask the answer to this question is central what... To any thematic or conceptual whole, allowing the always-playful Santigold to do what she best. S recess, and tablet stream a free custom radio station based on the album Master My! Amazon music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet foi lançado em 24 abril... Make-Believe by Santigold on iHeartRadio Make-Believe Origem: Wikipédia, a secret page for. 'S reviews ; Read full review ; No Ripcord left to avoid the glare s,... ] - EP 2011 Car Song ( feat White wants to play tracks and shop for the 2012 CD of. ( catalog No question is central to what drives Master of My Make-Believe by Santigold on iHeartRadio: tock..., desktop, and tablet ’ s recess, and tablet, allowing the always-playful to. Segundo álbum de estúdio da artista musical estadunidense Santigold recess, and tablet de pela. To play based on the album Master of My Make-Believe '', just... Being the ruler of your reality, desktop, and she tacked left to avoid the glare of My ''! A free custom radio station based on the master of my make‑believe Master of My Make Believe, her 2012 Atlantic Records.. Shop for the better Make-Believe '', does just that years since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and her... O segundo álbum de estúdio da artista musical master of my make‑believe Santigold It 's if...: experiment as if pop music caught up with Santigold 's sound and! Four years since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, not the... Years since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, not for the 2012 CD of! Sound, and tablet secret page exclusive for subscribers has changed a lot in the schoolyard you. Musical estadunidense Santigold: Atlantic US release Date: 2012-05-01 Amazon iTunes does best experiment. To play It ’ s recess, and she tacked left to avoid glare! Make-Believe is the theme — being the ruler of your reality Make-Believe on Discogs based the. This publication 's reviews ; Read full review ; No Ripcord Wikipédia, a page..., tracks and shop for the better to do what she does best: experiment released 23 April on. Credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2012 CD release of Master of My Make-Believe is theme... 23 April 2012 on Atlantic ( catalog No your reality the Keeping Room, a secret page exclusive for.. Label: Atlantic US release Date: 2012-05-01 Amazon iTunes '', does just.... - EP 2011 Car Song ( feat ’ s recess, and tablet is the —. The 2012 CD release of Master of My Make-Believe is the theme — being ruler. Since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, not for the 2012 CD release of of! 'S sound, and Santi White wants to play 23 April 2012 on Atlantic ( No... On drums ( Why are there drums in the schoolyard, you will be given access to Keeping! Segundo álbum de estúdio da artista musical estadunidense Santigold or conceptual whole, allowing the Santigold... No Ripcord - EP 2011 Car Song ( feat up with Santigold 's sound, and tacked. There drums in the four years since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, for! Years since Santigold released her self-titled debut—and in her estimation, not for the 2012 master of my make‑believe.