strange that there are 3 tri centre variants. I've scanned the supplement and loaded a PDF onto. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1955 Vinyl release of Hey Senorita / Earth Angel on Discogs. "As you can see, it was originally the b-side." Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. And postage is extra, if you win it. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. The Crew-Cuts with David Carroll and His Orchestra, The Southlanders with Philip Green and His Orchestra, © 2003-2020 Earth Angel (I) Release Info. so English Native folk with what would have been expensive 45rpm players in Jan 1955 went into a Record Shop to buy a hard primitive R&B Doowop track instead of the sweet doowop original of the song that The Crew Cuts had a Top 10 Pop hit with, if their cover was 78 only....? Overview; Aliases; Tags; Details; Edit; Album + Compilation. If you are using a VPN, and other users of the same VPN are abusing the service, then you'll be automatically banned as well. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Authentic Golden Hits - The Penguins on AllMusic - 1993 - At long last, a well-thought-out compilation that… The UK copy is a tiny bit faster too. Th…, The Penguins were an American doo-wop group of the 1950s and early '60s, best remembered for their only Top 40 hit, "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)", which was one of the fir…, The Penguins were an American doo-wop group of the 1950s and early '60s, best remembered for their only Top 40 hit, "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)", which was one of the first rhythm and blues hits to cross over to the …. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Arranger: Roger Emerson | Composer: Dootsie Williams Performed By: The Penguins, Christian | Gospel | Standards | Musicals | Specialty | World | Barbershop | Contemporary | Vocal Jazz | Choral | Christmas, Mixed Voices | Female | Male | 8 Parts | 6 Parts | 5 Parts | 3 Parts | 2 Parts | Medleys | Solo | Folio Series | New Releases, Primarily A Cappella - Your Source for Vocal Harmony Music, Christian | Musicals | Doo Wop | Barbershop It became "Mrs Robinson" when it was considered for use in the film The Graduate. The song's origins lie in multiple different sources, among them songs by Jesse Belvin, Patti Page, and the Hollywood Flames. Where abouts is Earth Angel listed as the b-side? Preview Earth Angel. Track Number Track Title Track Length Track Price/Buy Link; 1 Earth Angel. Start the wiki. Williams told, The song was recorded in June 1954, and released in September. That booklet cost one penny in 1955 - cost me over 100 times that from ebay! Duration: (Required), You can request being unbanned by clicking. thin tri in vg with nice labels just made. Earth Angel The Penguins. Has anyone noticed that the two scans are both of 'Earth Angel'? It was issued as the B-side of another song called "Hey Senorita," but DJs flipped the record and "Earth Angel" was deemed the A-side. Cleve Duncan sang lead on "Earth Angel." It was a huge hit, and landed The Penguins a major label record deal with Mercury Records. There's not much we can do about this right now; you'll have to turn off your VPN in order to continue using the site. | Vocal Jazz | Choral | Christmas | Instructional | Arrangements. "Earth Angel was the original B side". Is there any evidence that London issued Hey Senorita as the A side in the UK given the gap between its original US release in 1954 and the above 1955 release? A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, One of the most popular doo-wop songs of all time, "Earth Angel" was just the second doo-wop song to hit the Top 10 on the pop charts, following the Chords' ", The composition of this song has a strange and convoluted history which came under scrutiny after it proved to be a lucrative hit. Not sure what the problem was. Your IP was not banned by a person; it was banned by a firewall that uses an automated algorithm. The fact HS has the lower matrix is irrelevant therefore. In Celebration of the Human Voice - The Essential Musical Instrument, Home | Doo Wop | Barbershop | World | Contemporary | Christian 5 years ago I had a True Mint / Unplayed first pressing Gold Tri-centre, sold to a collector for £2000.00. 0:41. If so, you'll need to disable it when using this site, as it spams the websites you visit with fake requests. It was issued as the B-side of another song called "Hey Senorita," but DJs flipped the record and "Earth Angel" was deemed the A-side. The song is a beloved classic, but it's not complicated: "Earth Angel, will you be mine? The linked Power, Glenville Music and Stardust pressings all have the track marked as the A-side. It was a huge hit, and landed The Penguins a major label record deal with Mercury Records. Can you identify them? The song peaked at #8 on the national charts, but had a three-week run at #1 on the R&B "race" chart. According to Dootone owner Dootsie Williams, a member of the group The Flairs named Cornel Gunter also helped out. at last 'Earth Angel' is the A side... thanks to PhilMH's booklet. You requested a very large number of pages in a very short time, causing problems for our server (this can happen if you hit 'refresh' over and over). Our automated banning policies are not perfect and sometimes too strict, and some IP addresses are banned by accident. Unfortunately not to me. Delete anyways? Desirable does not come anywhere near it......! Wes Edwards takes us behind the scenes of videos he shot for Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley and Chase Bryant. Some folks might have bought the white pop version by the Crew-Cuts (was that released on a single in the UK? You (or someone with the same IP address as you) might be using a script or program to download pages from this site automatically. I would guess also that there was almost no UK interest in what would be known as doo-wop many years later. done anything to warrant a ban, this is most likely the case.