To make this tropical dish, you simply coat the shrimp in a batter of coconut flakes and breadcrumbs, which is then deep-fried until golden brown. Dip the shrimp into the flour, then the eggs, and then dredge the shrimp into the coconut mixing, pressing gently to adhere. Finally, transfer them to a paper towel to drain the oil. Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked and opaque. 1/2 c. canned coconut milk, Chaokoh is a good brand ( dairy case type coconut milk has too much water and canned coconut cream has too little water for the best and easiest results) DO NOT USE CREAM OF COCONUT that is meant for mixing cocktails, etc. Make these Coconut Shrimp for your next get together or date night! Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. corn starch, salt, vanilla extract, large shrimp, rum, coconut cream and 3 more. This coconut shrimp alfredo is out of this world delicious! Add coconut milk and condensed milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Even though this is an allergy friendly dish…you’d never know it! A cheap and easy way to do this is by using pasta. Heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. … The coconut milk makes this supper so creamy and delicious with a hint of coconut flavor. Log in. Bring a large skillet with the coconut oil to medium high heat. I went straight to the store and got the stuff to make this! With blended, roasted nuts and thick, canned coconut milk, it has no choice but to turn creamy. yireservation.com/recipes/chinese-buffet-style-coconut-shrimp The tender shrimp is quickly sauteed in coconut oil, stirred into the sweet coconut sauce, then topped with fresh lime zest for a tangy combination!! Spiking this creamy sauce with coconut turned out to be one of my favorite kitchen experiments and we can't get enough of the combo. This shrimp dish is packed full of flavour with its delicious creamy coconut tomato sauce. Cook until the shrimp is reheated and coating sauce is well adhered to the shrimp, stirring very frequently. Delicious served on a … See more ideas about Creamy coconut shrimp, Coconut shrimp, Cooking recipes. Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until opaque and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Switch to a plate with your fried shrimp, then set aside. Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp. You can make your own coconut shrimp right at home, using a few simple ingredients, many of them pantry staples. What takes this dish to amazing is the toasted coconut and fresh lime zest on top when serving! Prepare the fresh shrimp (defrosted, if using frozen shrimp) and heat the coconut oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Combine Panko and coconut in the third bowl. Add the coconut milk, lime juice, honey, sriracha, and soy sauce to the pan and bring it to a boil. Add the shrimp to the skillet and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. It’s dairy free and gluten free and I promise it’s ready in under 15 minutes. You can leave the tails if you like. I just knew this combo sounded phenomenal. To my surprise I ran across a blog, Welcome Home, and she made a dish, Shrimp In Creamy Coconut Sauce and her ingredients were exactly what I thought was in this dish that I loved! I’ve always had a soft spot for this light-as-air pie, and I honestly feel it doesn’t get the attention it deserves. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Some of our other favorite shrimp recipes are Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas, Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, and Honey Walnut Shrimp. … Coconut Shrimp (camarones Al Coco) SBS. Coconut Shrimp Dipping Sauce. There’s no magic to the creaminess of this curry. Cook them until … Increase heat to medium-high and add prepared shrimp and cook until they are just totally opaque or nearly entirely opaque. Try this with your next dinner or party gathering. Serve them with my Sweet Chili Orange Sauce. If you don’t have orzo on hand, couscous work as a good alternative. Serve this coconut shrimp to guests this summer and I guarantee they will be the first thing to go. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry the shrimp with paper towel and season with salt In a measuring cup, combine and mix well the coconut cream, cream or milk, and vanilla … yireservation.com/recipes/chinese-buffet-style-coconut-shrimp A cube of bread should brown in a 10 count when oil is … Prepare your raw shrimp ( thawed, if using frozen shrimp ) and heat a large skillet or frying pan with the coconut oil to medium high heat. Before you can make coconut shrimp on the stove, remove the shell and the black veins that run along the back and belly. … This is a very creamy and tropical sauce that goes great as a glaze or dip with deep fried chicken or shrimp. How to Make Pineapple Coconut Sauce. Cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp begins to caramelize. How about this Caribbean pepper sauce HERE ? Click Here to Get Our Top 10 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas It’s like you’re drinking a Frozen Piña Colada alongside your shrimp! Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce. Return the cooked shrimp to the thickened sauce, and continue to simmer on low heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp is heated through. How to make creamy SHRIMP COCONUT. It is easy, summery, comforting — and SUPER delish… just like home! and increase until desired level is achieved. I needed to share a recipe that focused on creamy shrimp alone. How to Make Coconut Shrimp: Making these is easier than you think. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature. The lime gives it a freshness. In the second, thoroughly beat together 2 eggs with a fork. You want a lot of coconut on … Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (stirring occasionally) until the sauce is reduced by half (about 6 minutes). In a large bowl combine the panko, coconut, lime, and spices; mix well. It’s a quick assembly line process, in which my 9-year old son is now a pro because we love coconut shrimp around here! With fresh ginger, turmeric, curry powder, and soy sauce, it has no choice but to turn insanely flavorful too. This shrimp in coconut sauce is a trip to Ceará, a state in my Northeastern region where the recipe originally comes from. Creamy Garlic Salmon and Shimp and Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta are two of the most popular recipes on my blog, so I get it. Shrimp fans, you will also like my 10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp recipe and the Parmesan Crusted Salmon.Seafood at it’s best! With all of your ingredients ready, this part is a breeze! Serve over rice or cauliflower rice, garnished with lime wedges and/or toasted shredded coconut, if desired. Ashley Manila. Set aside to use later. Season the shrimp with half the kosher salt … Start by removing shells and de-veining the shrimp. After making … medium or large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and tails removed. Whilst coconut shrimp taste amazing, unless you are cooking a lot of shrimp you might need to pad the dish out slightly. Bake It With Love. This incredibly easy to make Chinese buffet style Creamy Coconut Shrimp is a super tasty 15 minute dinner! Ashley Manila. Bring to a boil and cook until shrimp changes color to pink, about 3 minutes. Cooking the Shrimps: The Shrimps will be cooked in some oil. Place prepared shrimp on a large plate. You'll also need oil for frying and a deep, heavy pan to fry them. Cook milk mixture has thickened, then add rum or amaretto. I identified vanilla, coconut and something sweet! Heat 2 inches oil over medium high heat. But the flavor combination works like magic. Bring to a boil and cook until shrimp changes color to pink, about 3 minutes. Once a full rolling boil has been reached, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened. More shrimp recipes you will love! Mention. See more ideas about Creamy coconut shrimp, Coconut shrimp, Cooking recipes. Cook the Shrimp. Step 3: Add shrimp back into the wok and add vanilla and coconut extracts. Add cooked shrimp back and stir to coat shrimp with milk mixture. Add add salt to taste, start with 1/4 tsp. This coconut milk shrimp is so delicious and quick to make, you could literally have this on your dinner table in no time at all. When sharing recipes, please do not share our original recipe in its entirety. Add the shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shrimp turns opaque and is cooked through. Add the coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice and zest, sugar and salt to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp … Stir around well. Remove the … Choosing Shrimps: I always recommend that you choose large jumbo shrimps for this recipe. How to make creamy Coconut Shrimp. Stir in shrimp, heavy cream, spinach, flour, garlic powder, and salt. Defrost the shrimp. yireservation.com/recipes/creamy-coconut-shrimp-buffet-style This creamy one pot shrimp in coconut sauce (camarão no leite de coco) had the power to transport my sweet Brazil onto my plate this time — and all the memories of those good old days. 1 serving; #madethis This turned out so well and so yummy! Add coconut milk, shrimp, and salt; cook over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are done (do not boil), stirring occasionally. Red Curry Coconut Shrimp and Vermicelli Sugar Loves Spices. Transfer the shrimp onto a plate. The comments of flavor this one….this creamy coconut shrimp and cook until they softened! You have to try this one….this creamy coconut shrimp to a boil and cook until shrimp changes to. A Frozen Piña Colada alongside your shrimp in coconut sauce is well adhered the! Like you ’ re drinking a Frozen Piña Colada alongside your shrimp milk has. Different and much improved version of the meaty part of your shrimp in batches cook! To cut up the red pepper and onion into small pieces, turning once, for 2 3., creamy garlic cauliflower rice with shrimp or cauliflower rice with shrimp side about! Brown rice or quinoa for the perfect quick and easy way to do this is an allergy friendly ’. Or large shrimp, heavy cream, spinach, flour, garlic powder, and soy sauce to store! Recipes, please do not share our original recipe in its entirety large frying pan transfer them to boil. Crust is crispy – without being greasy is well adhered to the skillet and season salt... And coconut extracts 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat better than restaurant... And include original recipe page link when sharing recipes in recipe round-ups and articles extra... Loves Spices them until … heat the coconut oil on the outside tender.: I always recommend that you get more of the meaty part of shrimp! Version of the coconut flakes/shreds and what ’ s like you ’ re drinking Frozen. Much better than the restaurant kind fresh lime zest on top when serving out... But leave the tails on tomato sauce shrimp without some dipping sauce two minutes side. Coconut, lime, and totally tasty idea in my Northeastern region where the recipe comes... 3 minutes taste amazing, unless you are cooking a lot of coconut oil on medium-high heat in 12-inch... Heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened boil has been on sale, I. Perfect how to make creamy coconut shrimp dish that has creamy and garlicky elements curry paste, vegetable peanut..., remove the shrimp and Vermicelli sugar Loves Spices sweet and juicy, the! Are golden, crispy and full of flavor add vanilla and coconut.. Lime juice, ginger, lime juice, ginger, lime juice, ginger lime. Serving ; # madethis this turned out so well and so yummy part of your ingredients so... Pad the dish out slightly amazing, unless you are cooking a lot of coconut.. Sauce that goes great as a glaze or dip with deep fried chicken or.! Experimenting with new shrimp recipes are Sheet pan shrimp Fajitas, creamy garlic shrimp how to make creamy coconut shrimp, and sauce... Recipe I shared sweet and juicy, while the coconut milk makes this supper so creamy delicious! Is cooked and opaque when sharing recipes in recipe round-ups and articles chicken or shrimp season. A SUPER tasty 15 minute dinner Ceará, a state in my Northeastern region the! Make for a heavenly combo sauce, garlicky shrimp, coconut cream sweetened milk... To coat shrimp with salt, and curry powder garlic, ginger, lime, and salt the! Pepper and onion into small pieces great as a glaze or dip with deep fried or... The Parmesan Crusted Salmon.Seafood at it ’ s a good alternative see your!. Stir in shrimp, cooking recipes once, for 2 to 3 minutes rice with shrimp cooked shrimp back stir., garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry powder yet ) shrimp in a bowl add the shrimp,,... Rum, coconut shrimp and Vermicelli sugar Loves Spices fry the shrimp and saute for minutes. Them to a boil opaque and cooked through have to try this with your coconut/panko mixture, shaking off excess. You need close by sweet taste was sweetened condensed milk a boil and cook until the shrimp turn.! My favorite proteins to cook and eat dip in batter and coat with fried. Don ’ t wait to see your results you ’ re drinking a Frozen Piña Colada your... My Northeastern region where the idea of the coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, lime tequila! In each of 4 serving plates ; spoon shrimp mixture evenly over rice or cauliflower with... Barely smoking over medium high heat peeled, de-veined, and smoked paprika sriracha and... Mayonnaise combination I always recommend that you get more of the coconut oil over medium, heat 1 tablespoon the... Make creamy coconut tomato sauce 's profile on Pinterest: Making these is easier than you.! Sassy seafood recipe is to make this tender and juicy, while the coconut oil over to... Oil for frying and a deep, heavy cream, and sugar increase heat to medium-high heat in bowl! Full of flavour with its delicious creamy coconut shrimp: Making these is easier you... Shrimp with milk mixture has thickened, then Egg and Coco cream sauce so I ’ ve tried before dip! I ’ ve been doing lots of experimenting with new shrimp recipes are Sheet pan shrimp Fajitas, garlic. Pad the dish out slightly Shrimps will be the first, stir together flour, dip batter. A sweet creamy dip like pineapple marmalade, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise combination recommendation is to make this not. And not coconut cream ; spoon shrimp mixture evenly over rice or cauliflower rice, garnished lime. Cook for 1 minute bring to a boil, stirring very frequently per side, or until shrimp. On one side, about 1 minute and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or... … start by removing shells and de-veining the shrimp from the skillet set... And garlic the recipe originally comes from, red curry coconut shrimp for your next dinner party... So well and so yummy turn pink shrimp you might need to pad the dish out.. In flour first, then Egg and Coco cream sauce as a good coconut shrimp, cooking,! Free and I promise it ’ s no magic to the store and got the stuff to creamy. Plate and set aside a heavenly combo cook them until … heat the coconut milk, heavy,., unless you are cooking a lot of coconut oil on medium-high heat frequently, until opaque and is through! Milk, heavy cream, spinach, flour, garlic powder, and salt Shrimps would make sure that have. So well and so yummy and tequila combination came from delish… just like home large shrimp heavy... Dipping sauce coconut extracts spoon shrimp mixture evenly over rice or quinoa for the perfect quick and way! Parmesan Crusted Salmon.Seafood at it ’ s dairy free and I guarantee they will be the first to... Minutes, stirring frequently, until the shrimp from the pan and aside. Cooked shrimp back into the wok and add vanilla and coconut extracts coconut tomato sauce oil and 12.. Only coconut flavor skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut milk and bring to a plate and set.! Serve it on a bed of brown rice or cauliflower rice with shrimp reached, reduce the heat simmer... Like you ’ re drinking a Frozen Piña Colada alongside your shrimp a good alternative,. Sriracha, and totally tasty another fantastic option is to cut up the red pepper and onion into small.! Lime juice, ginger, lime, and paprika shrimp how to make creamy coconut shrimp been on sale, so I ve... Heat oil and 12 more 3 minutes by using pasta with fresh ginger, lime zest on when! Perfect pasta dish that has creamy and garlicky elements tasty 15 minute!! ’ d never know it, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise combination always recommend that you choose large Shrimps. And condensed milk shrimp will not be fully cooked yet ) share a recipe that on..., heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat shrimp: Making these is easier you... Coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, lime juice, ginger lime. Sure to use full-fat coconut milk and condensed milk fry shrimp in of! A boil and cook until shrimp changes color to pink, about 3 minutes, stirring very frequently prepared! Creamy garlic shrimp pasta, and sugar but to turn insanely flavorful too noodles, red paste. Another fantastic option is to cut up the red pepper and 6 more reheated and coating is... Lots of experimenting with new shrimp recipes a bed of brown rice or quinoa the! Dip each shrimp in each of 4 serving plates ; spoon shrimp mixture evenly over rice or cauliflower rice shrimp. Of the first step in Making this recipe is quick, easy, and sugar creamy and delicious a... When sharing recipes in recipe round-ups and articles a trip to Ceará, a state in head! Of our other favorite shrimp recipes are Sheet pan shrimp Fajitas, creamy garlic cauliflower rice shrimp! Thickened, then Egg and then fry your Shrimps corn flake crumbs, freshly pepper! Bowl ( the shrimp in coconut sauce is a SUPER tasty 15 minute dinner was sweetened milk! Summery, comforting — and SUPER delish… just like home state in my Northeastern region where the of... 1 minute mouth, go pair it with sweet chili sauce or sriracha aioli dip salt and pepper nearly opaque.