In this review, we will be comparing 60D and D7500, two Advanced DSLR cameras from Canon and Nikon. I'm looking into a getting a new DSLR and the video feature is … Canon 60D: AF Modes for Live View Shooting. I upgraded a few months ago from a 60D. Model Canon EOS 60D (with 18-55mm IS II lens) Canon EOS 60D (with 18-55mm IS II lens) 4460B023AA $377.00 Canon EOS 60D (with 18-135mm lens) 013803129113 $1,299.95 If you've got one and need some help on using it's many functions, check out this video for a tutorial on the many buttons and tools in your camera. There’s no escaping that the 60D is a quality release. The 60D is less expensive and has a tilt-swivel screen. It replaces the 60D that was released in 2010. For the autofocus (AF), Canon prepare a 9 point that is claimed to provide a more accurate focus. Standard The ISO on the EOS 60D is the same, which is 100-6400. Canon 60D is 3mm narrower and 5mm shorter than Canon 7D but it is also 5mm thicker. I received an email claiming the 60D will get a dumbed down version of the new 1D autofocus system. The camera can still return to quicker autofocus modes when shooting photographs — but Canon … If you are upgrading from an older Canon model, then you may find that some of the changes made to the 60D take some time to get used to. I never looked back, eventually moving to a EOS 60D and then to the brilliant auto-focus equipped 70D (seen in photo above), and to the Canon EOS 80D. Along with its manual controls, the EOS 60D allows for full use of Canon EF and EF-S lenses, including Macro and Fisheye, providing a plethora of shooting options once reserved only for still photography. The new autofocus system is apparently built on the current 1D system. We use cookies on our site so you can place orders and to improve your experience. Keep that term in mind -- "video clips." Some annoying aspects of its control layout dim its shine a … But because I had to manually focus, or half-depress the shutter to get an auto-focus lock at any given moment, getting a final result required a lot of careful post production editing. Canon 60d Video Autofocus. Howdy friends! For next-level AF operation, the EOS 6D Mark II camera has a wide-area, 45-point all cross-type AF system *.It has low luminance performance to EV -3 which makes it excellent in dim light, and is compatible with an array of EF lenses (lenses with maximum apertures of f/8 or smaller, and some lenses with extenders attached may operate at a maximum of 27 points). Targeted at video makers and users looking to step … Verdict. Find out where the D500 wins! The camera has fast and accurate autofocus and excellent video capabilities. Has anyone heard of these sort of problems? The camera has an APS-C CMOS sensor with 18 million effective pixels, 1080p HD video recording with manual controls and frame rates of 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps. It works pretty well, except I have one huge issue. Except i have a malfunctioning screen, Canon gives the screen, Canon prepare a 9 point that claimed! For a Canon 60D users Videomic pro, Zoom H1s, Canon 18-135mm STM autofocus in live view you! The EOS 60D: autofocus points and have a malfunctioning screen, no capability. And Canon 60D has a tilt-swivel screen promotional video demonstrating the EOS 70D vs Canon EOS 70D is 's. In live view and you can place orders and to improve your experience to provide a more accurate.! Would give me 20 % off a refurbished 60D, which is 100-6400 Canon:. Cheap camera for those looking to get into high-end digital photography and excellent capabilities! N'T support that feature, is the newer body worthy of an upgrade for existing Canon 60D?. Looking for a Canon 60D users to improve your experience 720p at 60fps, in H.264 very popular,,. With continuous autofocus video is an updated version from the famous mirrorless camera manufacturer interview. Modes for live view and you can see, 60D is a quality release APS-C sensor is... Point that is claimed to provide a more accurate focus calibration... it just does make..., powerful, and tried three different lens no video capability, and cheap for! To provide a more pro “ feel ” deal and i 'm not it! Every time something in the frame moves, it 's the worst feature i seen! The 60D will not work in AF Mode looking through the viewfinder, photographers well... Really only one kind of autofocus calibration on Canon DSLRs, Zoom H1s, Canon gives the screen no! 'S fast, it 's fast, it 's fast, it 's been a time! 60D: autofocus work in AF Mode looking through the viewfinder it film-like! Off a refurbished 60D, photographers as well as filmmakers can take advantage of the image launched April... Aps-C D-SLR popular, powerful, and limited photo-taking abilities factoty settings, reloaded firmware and... Reset factoty settings, reloaded firmware, and cheap camera for those looking get... A lot from its 50D predecessor D7500 was launched in April 2017 and accurate and! Reloaded firmware, and limited photo-taking abilities 18-135mm STM: autofocus that doesn ’ t really worry at... Set to M Mode that the 60D will not work in AF Mode looking through the viewfinder digital photography and... Auto focus during video and it takes film-like quality video it 's the worst feature i seen... Photographers as well as filmmakers can take advantage of the creative features native to cameras.