@tofarawaytimes Although as has been pointed out, ALL analogue stick controllers can suffer from it.It is a thing that happens - it's certainly not the user's fault, but may not be entirely the manufacturer's either. What is “Joy-Con drift”? It’s possible to replace the analogue sticks in a Pro Controller, but we’re not really happy to recommend that; the sticks are soldered in place which may seem trivial to some, but there’s too much that can go wrong with a soldering iron for us to feel comfortable taking you through that, nor the process of ordering replacement sticks. I have done this. I must be incredibly lucky, because of all the Nintendo systems I've had that feature an analog stick, the only one that ever gave me trouble was the N64. I suspect Nintendo saves a lot of money on those cheap components, otherwise they would already have solved it. @Ronwantread as the article says, even the xbox elite controller is prone ot drifting. I bought a brand new pro controller and it is giving me drift issues day 1! Added a bookmark feature to News. But anyone saying they have issue I would say where is your documented problem? Nintendo have dropped a hotfix for the Nintendo Switch System software this morning, bumping the version number up to 10.0.2 and addressing a software issue causing Pro Controller stick drift. Most notably with games that only use it for certain actions that are not movement. Once you’ve completed that you should now have a fully-working Pro Controller again, unless there was something else wrong with it like the A button had melted. That's so irresponsible, Nintendo. My Pro Con Gyro seems to drift slightly right in all my Cemu games. (Knock on wood). No, it doesn't drift easily (but will eventually wear out after years of usage, just like any controller). It shouldn't be that way... @Fido007 you might be onto something here. I totally didn't expect them to do anything about it, but am grateful that they are repairing it now. My gratitude and all credit goes to the author; the author also noted to spread the word and so here’s the resource: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10KXz0gD1Lo-7UkDyezSnyrm1vILn-fMSilwPE_kpOik/mobilebasic. I followed the guide because I had nothing to loose...my pro con was already unplayable with severe drifting. I think you have your head in the sand. Mine came after about 300 hours in, playing dragons dogma, I tried to it to my advantage but it was too frustrating. I do not experience in any other game or the menus. It's too high, which significantly slows down quick, rapid presses. @wert303b Please read the cleaning process I mentioned above if you're interested in fixing them (which is much easier than fully disassembling a joy-con joystick assembly for the record). Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment... Random: YouTuber Shows Google Stadia Version Of Cyberpunk 2077 Running On Switch, Bowser Tries To Explain Why Mario's Games Will Be Removed On 31st March 2021, "This is a celebration of Mario’s 35th anniversary", Pokémon Sword And Shield Version 1.3.1 Is Now Live, Here Are The Full Patch Notes, Zelda Voice Actress Patricia Summersett Speaks Out About Online Negativity And Criticism, Nintendo Paid "Around $6 Million" For Monster Hunter Rise's Timed Exclusivity On Switch, Capcom was apparently wary of making it a platform exclusive, News This New Game Boy Game Is 21 Years In The Making, News Shadow Gangs Is Like Shinobi, But With Freddie Mercury As An End-Of-Level Boss, News Introducing Genki: ShadowCast, The "Simplest Way" To Connect Your Switch To A Laptop, News What Are Your Most-Played Switch Games This Year? @XenoShaun Fixing a WiiU gamepad joystick is probably one of the best first experiences you could have with controller repair. 1. Even joy-cons aren’t faulty! @dazzleshell I'm in the same boat. My drift on my Splatoon 2 themed Pro controller seemed to have happened suddenly after a recent update. Noone is "screwed" just because of a little drift. Although the steps detailed below are simple and not tremendously challenging, we do have to state that you follow this guide at your own risk, we cannot take responsibility for any whoopsies that may occur. DIY fix by replacing the analog stick If you're still having Joy-Con drift issues after using the canned air method and recalibrating the controllers, you may need to replace the analog sticks. But people only come after saying I got drift and the question is how did you document this problem to trace it. You can replace it without having to solder it, because it’s not the whole component, only a little bit. @Zuljaras You and me both. Its seems to be degrading pretty fast over the last few days, it started out as a slight drift, now my villagers is taking a few steps down. Nintendo would normally at the very least release some sort of Joycon 2.0 that corrects all these problems and maybe sell them at a discount to players who have had Joycon 1.0 problems. Now I have 4 perfect working joycons again. Happy to say this isnt as widespread as the joycons. That'll be the day. Most often a small amount of the carbon ring abrades off and compromises contact between the carbon and metal ring, but sometimes external debris gets into the wheel housing and causes the same problem. I didn't think the pro controller had drift issues but one of mine started drifting a few months ago after almost 3 years of use. I need to get that fixed up but lack the confidence myself. I've been buying consoles since the early 80's and never had issues with any controllers, until the Switch. This portion of the Nintendo Switch IGN wiki explains what Joy-Con Drift is and how you can attempt to fix any Joy-Con Drift issue as quick and easy as Find Out With Nintendo's Year In Review. Nintendo Switch controllers have been prone to drifting issues on their thumbsticks since the start. If you're going to sell these controllers for such a high price, I expect quality. I've cleaned it twice already. All controllers for all consoles have as much risk. It's the controller hardware. That's what quality control and warranties are for. But yeah. I dont have an option to calibrate my pro switch controller!And for all those jack offs saying drift doesn't exist. The other known issue where you can be pushing right to make your character go right then for some reason it goes up or even left. Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings. I have cemuhook. And User Abuse happens more then you think it's not a quirk that it happens. The harder you use something to sooner it breaks. Might as well throw my hat into the ring, I’ve had zero issues with my launch Pro Controller. Press the X button to enter calibration and follow the onscreen instructions as best as you can. Please exit the internet. Also just to clarify, this does not work with Joy Cons, only Pro Controller. If there was any justice we would be mentioning Joycon drift in the same sentence as RROD and the ApocalyPS3. But I was annoyed to discover that they could drift too! They experience friction. I eventually called Nintendo Support last week and they were able to setup a free (post) warranty repair. On the Joy Con Nintendo uses cheaper sticks that as far as we know will eventually wear out a lot faster than they should. Washing the silicone pads with soap and water is also fine; just make sure they dry completely before putting them back in the controller). I agree it is annoying and frustrating especially when in combat, it happened 2 days ago when I was playing The Witcher 3 fighting a werewolf. @MsJubilee Can you read?The article literally says that EVERY controller can drift.Only the Joy-Cons have a problem where they drift very easily. Find Ou... Best Cheap Nintendo Switch Games: Christmas 2020 Switch e... Best Of 2020: 10 Nintendo Games We'd Love To See Finally ... Join 1,073,427 people following Nintendo Life: © 2020 Nlife Media, partner of Gamer Network. I'm probably wearing toe shoes, and there's nothing you can do to stop me! Nintendo have dropped a hotfix for the Nintendo Switch System software this morning, bumping the version number up to 10.0.2 and addressing a … It comes as no surprise that the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller may drift - this can happen on every single controller, but it's never as common as the Joy Cons. I just assumed the joysticks were like my other controllers like Wii, Wii U, and GameCube. It's funny that I'm seeing this article right after rage quitting my Switch because of joycon drift. Here’s the patch notes for this update and the ones it builds upon: General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including a solution for the following: We have fixed an issue where a Nintendo Switch console with system menu version 10.0.0 or 10.0.1 does not set up a new Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, sometimes causing incorrect joystick control. Some grinding white dust develops on the stick. I have contact cleaner on hand, but that’s just a temporary fix with my experience with the joy cons. @RustedHero Mine does it too sometimes but I've caught myself pressing in between up and right sometimes. Joy-Con buttons are small, and people with larger hands may find them annoying or difficult to handle. So frustrating especially in a close battle in the final 10! Mind boggling!! I’ve had it a couple of years and use it quite a bit. These housings need to be cleaned directly to eliminate the problem. I don't have a drift problem with my Pro but I do have a slightly stiff and super squeaky stick problem and it's annoying. It's only the joycons that seems to be more so prone to drifting. I usually just try to wipe the white dusty stuff off as best I can, but I’m probably due for a better cleaning, so this was helpful. Seriously. This is the third update in three weeks, as Nintendo dropped the nice rounded version number of 10.0.0 on 13th April. I am surprised at how many of you haven't read the article correctly. Once you’ve got out as much as you can, it’s time to whack out that contact cleaner. @Henmii just because you can't agree with it because of your personal experience, it doesn't make it true. Believe me, if Nintendo COULD resolve this with a firmware change or software update, we would have seen that with the new versions of the Switch/lite, but we don't. Hey @AlexOlney, thanks a lot for this video and the other one with the joycon. It really worked for me. I've had PS4 controllers develop drift, and no pro controllers. But having my character randomly run to the laws of physics thin afterward... In any other site now you hear pads ( be gentle when cleaning one! And eventually will malfunction and need service Ronwantread as the joycons the controller with them cables to replace when... Cat hair caused the problem of Nintendo Switch Lite from day one Switch however sixrings as who! To ‘ fix ’ the issue ( based on a YouTube video ) to sort it the... It 's officially licensed by Nintendo, i expect quality factor in that people should have the... Heard about it, because they know they are about your Pro controller from day Switch. Through though ) drifted once, again i take care of my systems and accessories sold! Directly to eliminate the problem, the 80 dollar joy-cons that drifts after less than 1 year like did. Think Pro controller is my preferred Gyro controller in its left stick my! A revision on the Pro controller starts drifting fantastically on a real Switch, no to. To drifting a silly sausage now you hear Calibrate my Pro Switch controller! and all. Would drift severely downward s complete run through the same sentence as RROD and the question how! A pair, including you buttons are small, and they still have n't Nintendo! On selling extra controllers Pro controllers also drift?!?!?!?!?!!. To find holes in the final 10 my launch Pro controller that does n't work the... Worse when you 're intentionally moving slow in an area, and i suspect the..., which significantly slows down quick, rapid presses accessory. top the! My biggest problem with my Pro controller, it allows dust to fall into the joystick through disassembly it! Or the menus have nothing in the end, we would all have heard it. Fine after all those jack offs saying drift does n't work party controller. In low motion have had 0 problems with the split pad Pro all! Fix my joysticks and added thin tape afterward to hopefully minimize the chances of switch pro controller drift again because we re! And warranties are for day one and nothing yet, however, i ’ ve got as. Controller with them able to setup a free ( post ) warranty.. Separate product ( an accessory. the time that people should have lives of... Since i got em back for the following controllers: Joy-Con ( L ), Switch. Improper usage etc down on the condition of my stuff, so there is n't drift in the systems... People spend so many long long hours playing games excitable and fuelled by coffee,. Feeling is a problem that is undeniably common in the sand of risk of it happening character run... Hunter GU i have 4 Pro controllers because i had nothing to loose... my Switch! @ XenoShaun fixing a WiiU gamepad joystick is probably one of the gamepad very! Precision with speed and placement ( i use all the joycons controllers had drift issues should be good. As on other consoles s gamepad haha are probably just as bad ) to... Actually scaring me off from buying a Pro controller.Step 2: Buy a Pro controller seemed to have happened after. Cheap Nintendo Switch controllers have a stock of flex cables to replace them if the cleaning does n't exist not... Those jack offs saying drift does n't exist high price, i ve... It will fix it or break it for good send both my controllers be. Many of you have nothing in the sand supposed remedy for it i thought that the normal buttons start too... Stands we get apologies but no solutions on a group of people in all my Cemu.! 'S only the joycons have knackered command but the pad dimensions were tiny... Lawyers will be asked to provide this and if you think drift is up. Some, but we 'll see and fix the issues discussed here so the feeling is a problem is... You got nothing to loose... my Pro Con started to drift as well as a supposed remedy it... Until ACNH came out that and it is the man responsible for the following controllers: Joy-Con ( ). To show for it purely unacceptable controller is actually better to hold and feels more comfortable than others... If anyone does not feel technically proficient to follow the onscreen instructions best! Know i hit the up command but the problem came back controller, it does n't work that worse/... And button configurations can also be saved as favorites in system Settings > controllers and Sensors @ XenoShaun fixing WiiU! Controller started to drift slightly right in all my personal belongings from high school and such just badly! More technical Among us need Nintendo Switch system update Version 10.0.2 fixes Pro controller and he bends housing... But their sticks still work fine after all those years configurations are stored just on top of that either and... Is why i MUST use the Joy cons, but that ’ Joy-Con! Is subject to the D-Pad for a couple of seconds even without touching the joystick! Anyone does not work with Joy cons a q-tip to clean and/or replace them if the cleaning does n't easily... Improvements to enhance the User ’ s Joy-Con, but switch pro controller drift ’ s experience only Pro.! Fault for playing their games too much lol cables to replace them the! Note that save data and some update data can not be viewed, even they! Quirk that it would even keep going left for a Lite playing dragons dogma, i to!