It hurts my heart to say this but: If Bradley Cooper was either (a) still publicly complimenting Lady Gaga, (b) took home an Oscar for A Star Is Born, or (c) told me why Ramon was listening to “Yonkers” by Tyler, the Creator in A Star Is Born, mayhap he could’ve pulled rank here and scored an even greater designation in the next Guardians movie. One of the films referenced was Hot Tub Time Machine, which is a film Sebastian Stan starred in back in 2010, presenting a paradox as it confirmed that an actor named "Sebastian Stan… You might remember a familiar face from that movie. But I would’ve also guessed that Leighton Meester would’ve appeared second or third. I bet Chris Pine gets all the Hemsworth / Evans / Pratt roles in that continuity. The latter movie also referenced Hot Tub Time Machine, which creates an interesting paradox. admin In this essay I will—, I have been reminded that Hot Tub Time Machine exists in the MCU and like. Also familiar to Marvel fans as this guy? New, 10 Greatest Horror Films That Don't Rely On Jump Scares, 10 Brutal Movies With The Biggest Body Counts, 10 Underrated Horror Movies You Should Watch This Halloween, 10 Unused Marvel Studios Concepts Which Need To Be Used In Future, 10 Movies You Have To Watch AGAIN To Fully Understand. Does this mean Thor is destined to show up in a subsequent Guardians film? The conversation leads Ant-Man to bring up … Avengers: Endgame. The pause came courtesy of Sebastian Stan. Paul Rudd had a birthday recently, and with it came Vulture dot com republishing our very good Paul Rudd quiz — could that have upped his status? It’s not clever. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Avengers: Endgame Reveals Sebastian Stan's Existence in the MCU, Avengers: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, and Russo Brothers Reveal New MCU Secrets, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Fans Have a New Theory About the Tinkerer's Identity, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Releases Ganke Texting Teaser Trailer, The Falcon And The Winter Soldier Bringing Back MCU Characters From "Earliest Movies", ComicBook Nation Episode 02x77: Marvel’s Helstrom Spoilers & The Batman Set Visit, Scarlett Johansson Broke Black Widow Fan Hearts Last Night, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Reveals New Crimson Cowl Suit, Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 10/21/2020. Harry Potter: What Happened To EVERY Major Survivor Of The Battle Of Hogwarts? All rights reserved. Yep, Avengers: Endgame, a movie starring Sebastian Stan, has a reference to Hot Tub Time Machine, another movie starring Sebastian Stan. What is the scene that has me so obsessed? Here's What We Know. This suggests the actor himself exists in the MCU and is the exact doppelganger of Bucky. After all, this isn't a problem that's just going to go away as the MCU continues. Seen on Sky News; featured in The Guardian, NY Times, The Independent and more. Tom Vaughan-Lawlor/James D’Arcy/Jacob Batalon:Thanos’s friend, Tony Stark’s butler, Peter Parker’s bestie. Avengers: Endgame follows the heroes who survived Thanos’ snap as they try coping with what happened. It’s pronounced Paw-rick, not Pad-raig. He might be a fake, but we’re still real, and that should be cause for concern. Also, Natalie Portman ought to have won an Oscar for Jackie.). Already a subscriber? Hulk, exasperated, explains that time travel in "reality" doesn't quite work that way. The Avengers begin a full-on discussion about time travel, and Rhodey begins passing shots with Scott. Does Sebastian Stan, the actor, exist in a continuity where Bucky Barnes, a man who is exactly identical to Sebastian Stan, also exists and enjoys a thriving acting career? https://t.co/6KXazooKj2, i cant believe sebastian stan is a real character in the mcu bc apparently hot tub time machine is a movie that exists in it, *clears throat* The movie Hot Tub Time Machine exists in the MCU which means that Sebastian Stan exists as an actor in the MCU which means that if Sam Wilson doesn’t harass Bucky Barnes at least twice a day, every day, about the uncanny resemblance I will eat my hat. Dolly Parton Made Stephen Colbert Cry With a Folk Song. It’s swallowed up basically every other thought I have. HBO Max’s The Witches Review: Anne Hathaway Is... Amazon’s Borat Subsequent Moviefilm Review: Not... Disney’s First Raya And The Last Dragon Trailer... Netflix’s Full Mank Trailer Has Gary Oldman And... 7 Times Bradley Whitford Played A Perfect Jerk. There’s chubby Thor. Thor thinks it's funny that people keep asking him if he's Chris Hemsworth, star of the Ghostbusters reboot. Early MCU Characters to Appear in The Falcon... Animaniacs Reboot Trailer Takes On the 21st Century. A malfunctioning time machine at a ski resort takes a man back to 1986 with his two friends and nephew, where they must relive a fateful night and not change anything to make sure the nephew is born. Blackpink Served a Performance From a ’50s Diner on. Endgame’s three-act end credits. I was born in it, molded by it! You\'ll receive the next newsletter in your inbox. A Hot Tub Time Machine reference in Avengers: Endgame creates something of a paradox concerning actor Sebastian Stan. Mrs. Gwyneth “I Don’t Know What the Cut Is” Paltrow was billed above Zendaya in Spider-Man: Homecoming, so she definitely gets a “with” here. He's been a World War II general in the 1940 (Captain America: The First Avenger), a World War II veteran in the 2010s (Avengers: Age of Ultron), a FedEx delivery man (Captain America: Civil War), a bartender (Ant-Man), and even himself in the 1990s (Captain Marvel). However, there was another movie mentioned, and it was one Sebastian Stan has a special connection to: Hot Tub Time Machine. Save Avengers: Endgame. Check it out by clicking here or listen below. A part-time hobby soon blossomed into a career when he discovered he really loved writing about movies, TV and video games – he even (arguably) had a little bit of talent for it. It's one that'll only get worse, as the franchise pulls more and more actors into its orbit. It’s like making a joke about how you hate the word “moist.”, Matthew McConaughey Reveals He Was Blackmailed and Sexually Abused As a Teen. It seems at least worth considering that this is what's happening in the MCU — that they have all the same films we do, only with different actors in them. After Renner, Scarlett Johansson continues her legacy of being billed fifth for an Avengers film. Hulk, exasperated, explains that time travel in "reality" doesn't quite work that way. Wrong! The original Hot Tub Time Machine is a rowdy, R-rated comedy starring John Cusack, Craig Robinson and Rob Corddry, that sees a group of friends transported back to the 1980s after a heavy night drinking in a hot tub. One actor who didn't return for the sequel was Sebastian Stan, who played douchy bully Blaine in the first Hot Tub Time Machine. TheLhoX Blogs does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. I’ll allow it! Stan starred in Hot Tub Time Machine as Blaine, making many wonder how that might … He can be found as i_Padds on Twitter making bad puns. It also threw in an appearance from Crispin Glover as a nod to Back To The Future fans. The film had a lot of fun with its silly premise and has since become a cult comedy. Which opens up a whole new can of worms for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is basically all cans of worms already. The most coveted spots in this act are reserved for the members of the Avengers crew who have truly passed on to a better place.