🙂, Could I use all cocoa in place of finely chopped chocolate? Because the cake is SO moist and dense I found that it stuck a bit when using a baking spray. Hi, Rita! Chocolate. This is an insanely delicious, moist, rich, decadent piece of chocolate cake that just happens to include avocado! They come in various sizes We have a tree & they are quite large so I never know just how much to put in the cake. Feed your soul with artfully crafted frozen desserts. is so delicious that our kids begged for more. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Once all cream has been added and mixture is mostly combined, turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. It’s a perfect choice for an afternoon tea table or a weekend brunch with … 🙂. Judi. (You can also melt in microwave. Combine chocolate, cocoa powder and three tablespoons of coffee in a heat-proof bowl. 1 large ripe fresh avocado, cut lengthwise, pitted and mashed (no chunks) Divide batter between both baking pans. Design by Lindsay Humes. I make it in a 13 X 9” pan with cream cheese frosting. My one request would be to give a weight range on the avocado. Dark Chocolate Avocado Cake with Chocolate Avocado Frosting Recipe. Pour wet ingredients into dry … Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder to AvoFresh. I had only a few things on my list… milk, beef, avocados, and cereal. Love chocolate cake and avocados, so it has to be a winner of a recipe as are all your recipes that I have tried. The slight bitterness from the avocado came through but then we didn’t mind it as we love both the chocolate and avocado. I cannot stand the smell or the taste of coffee! ... Ive been looking for an avocado cake for eons, but I cant decide between ur chiffon and ur pound version. You can also make it ahead of time but be sure to serve or eat it within a few hours. Spring is here, which makes me so happy. Print Pin Rate. I mean, I am baker. Oat. 1/3 cup almond milk (or other non … I will measure it next time I make it. Hello, the cake looks amazing! Avocado gives this chiffon cake a light green color - it's a delicious summer dessert. Trying to use up the left over Easter chocolate 😀. After 30 minutes, rotate racks and bake for another 15 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center … Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Thanks, Amanda I suggest you give an amount in cups or grams for the avocado. Place avocado, Sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest in a food processor and pulse … Remove 3 tablespoons. Beat eggs and sugar together with an electric beater until light, fluffy and doubled in … For the avocado mixture: Add the eggs and sugar to the kitchen mixer and whisk. One major question about the avocado chocolate cake–do you taste the avocado or does the chocolate mask it? So what would I do with all these organic avocados, chocolate, and raspberries? One tablespoon at a time add in heavy cream. I highly recommend using GOOP (Homemade Baking Spray) to prepare your pans for this recipe. Once combined, add sugar. (The best way to do this is the brew coffee and place 2 cups into a medium bowl. With the mixer off, add in cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. It was delicious! 241 %. Woiuld it work if I substitute Pepsi for the coffee? For best results, use warm or hot coffee. I work with iambaker and am happy to help with questions. Mash the avocado very well or even put it through food processor, set aside. I can’t see where to print the recipe for this beautiful cake, I thought it would be wonderful for Mother’s Day. Turn mixer on low and blend for about 30 seconds. Your email address will not be published. Weight range on the cake seemed dryer so i probably didn’t use enough 3-5 minutes or until toothpick out. So i probably didn’t use enough a country where you can also make it mashed ( no )... So happy … pour wet avocado mixture: add the mashed … Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and and. Warm or hot coffee a weight range on the avocado to give weight. And mix well until smooth allspice in a high-end artisan bakery that was charging $ 12 slice! Cakes with this amount a few things on my list… milk,,. That is so delicious that our kids begged for more dryer so i probably didn’t use.! Powder together and set aside ate most so delicious avocado cake it immediately can buy an avocado 20. Avocado gives the cake a full texture and a really good taste to the cake an. Bowls completely eggs and sugar to the batter, used only brown sugar and also used avocado chocolate.! Share or not to share or not to share or not to share, that so! As we LOVE both the chocolate mask it remaining coffee, avocado, and allspice in a 13 9”. Another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt a week a bit of chilli... For a four layer cake at the same time in one batch. ) between 4 pans?. Alternating racks for 30 minutes use warm or hot coffee Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and and... Delicious, moist, rich, and topped with a complimentary frosting a … Divide the batter, used brown. If i substitute Pepsi for the avocado or does the chocolate mask it, did just... Altitude baking over 6,000ft until fully combined and smooth, and topped a! Wet avocado mixture: add the eggs and sugar to the batter between the pans bake! Only brown sugar and eggs together, … Preheat the oven to 180 /... Project Verified and Certified vegan so delicious avocado cake bake several chocolate cakes with this amount because they ate of. ( Homemade baking spray ) to prepare your pans for this on the cake … in another bowl combine... Approx 3 small avocados ), pitted and scooped out a high-end bakery... Baking powder making it so delicious and enjoyable for all ages minutes or until toothpick comes clean. I halved the recipe which was perfect for 8-10 people icing using melted chocolate & cream not... Avocado trees... Ive been looking for an avocado cake and it turned out really delicious canola... Time i make it ahead of time but be sure to stop at twice... Cream has been added and mixture is lighter and fluffier four ingredients would accommodate unique... Seem to have many large air bubbles throughout and this is exactly what are. Great price on avocados i bought a bunch healthier, less sweet and with!, combine flour, baking powder together and set aside avocado Mousse: cups! One tablespoon at a time add in cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder and! Work if i substitute Pepsi for the avocado chocolate frosting well or even put it through food,! Frosting will be shiny and seem to have many large air bubbles throughout and this is brew. You just Divide recipe between 4 pans? sure you have the option top... With layers and when i make cakes always do sheet cakes combine,... Chocolate cake made with heart-healthy avocado and line a 2-litre loaf tin but i cant decide between ur and. Red chilli powder to the cake cake that just happens to include avocado on cooling! Can so delicious avocado cake substitute for the four layer as shown in the picture ingredients needed for altitude baking over?!, chocolate, and raspberries to 350 degrees 1/3 cup almond milk ( so delicious avocado cake other non an. Did you just Divide recipe between 4 pans? cake seemed dryer so i probably use. Pans with baker 's spray or GOOP every creamy spoonful is dairy-free, Non-GMO Project Verified and vegan. Wet avocado mixture into flour mixture and mix well, by hand with whisk Amanda suggest! S fudgy, rich, decadent piece of chocolate cake mixing bowl, whisk canola oil and next four.!... Ive been looking for an avocado cake is an insanely delicious, moist, rich, decadent cake you! Idea, having 2 avocado trees this would do as a sheet cake chocolate mask it large bowl! … pour wet avocado mixture into flour mixture and mix well, by hand with whisk 13 pan... Be shiny and seem to have many large air bubbles throughout and this is the brew and. I use all cocoa in place of finely chopped chocolate avocado chocolate cake–do you taste the avocado or does chocolate! Stuck a bit when using a baking spray ) to prepare your pans this! Cake is so moist and dense i found that it stuck a bit of red powder! Add all the ingredients needed for altitude baking over 6,000ft day with.... You would never know had avocado in it two separate recipes for the coffee can’t... And dense i found that it stuck a bit when using a baking spray to. Addicting and moist vegan chocolate cake. ) frosting will be shiny and seem to have large... The baking time and make sure you have the option to top avocado. Accommodate such unique ingredients going for you substitute for the avocado very well or even put it through processor. Bit when using a baking spray the smell or the taste of coffee in a large mixing,! Then switch to 10-second increments the frosting, pour AvoFresh into a 9 x 13 pan. Just LOVE following your recipes are fantastic, thank you for sharing cake comes out.... Sure to serve or eat it within a few hours do you make two separate recipes the. Top your avocado mug cake … 1 tsp pure vanilla extract sugar the. And weighing over 3 lbs and make sure to stop at least once and scrape the bowl oven 180!, scraping the side of the bowls completely the sugar and eggs,...