When we questioned our server, she said it's not up to them to enforce the mask wearing policy. Flights My wife went with the Vegan option. And guess what? Enjoy specialty beers, cocktails, tequila, mezcal, and our famous tiki drinks. We tried the Baja fish taco, the BBQ duck... taco, the spicy chorizo taco and a mango-hop-anero The steak was spoiled...as in stinking. We came for tacos and I ordered the duck and marinated shrimp. In short, I wasn’t very impressed. She is one of the main reasons for writing this review. The chips were hot and crisp and the guacamole was plentiful and full of flavor. If I have a negative comment, it would be most Mexican restaurants give chips and salsa for free, At Mission you have to pay for an order and then refills are free. This place is the place it is because of the old staff. Fish was only just average. (BBQ duck, Spicy Chorizo, Beef Brisket, Grilled Chicken and the seasonal Taco “The Ricky Ricardo”) the grilled chicken was a little hot but I really liked it, though my favorite was the BBQ Duck. No delivery fee on your first order. more. Visit one of the other locations where they still have the same attention to their customers.More, Visit location in December 2019 on a Saturday evening after a family activity. There were signs all over the entire shopping area - masks are required. We all tried the chips and salsa, and margaritas. More than one hour to have a table. McMahon's line from cooking at his grandma's house to managing the kitchen at Mission Taco Joint's (105 East Jefferson Avenue, Kirkwood; 314-666 … The Salsa for the chips was excellent and since my wife is doing the Keto thing she didn’t eat the fries just some of the toppings (flank steak, cheese, tomatoes, guacamole). Our server came quickly and we explained we had never been there before and she explained how things worked. I’ll stick to Club Taco. They were very busy while we were there and she had a GREAT attitude (positive, upbeat, knew the menu well). Our server could not have been nicer or more efficient. We will definitely be back. Preorder to. All were very good. previously cooked and warmed by stream table. good. BBQ Duck Taco $4.80. I'm not treated like a customer-I'm a number at this hip too cool for school place. And your order from Mission Taco Joint will be a great deal too when you selec... show more. Did not see one Mexican working or servingMore, Find yourself in the Delmar loop area hungry and needing to know where to go for food. Our waitress Alexis greeted us and since this was our first visit, she made some recommendations from the menu and warned my wife of the heat level of some items. The family stopped in for lunch and needless to say it was a great find. Of the three my favorite was the fish. Our server came quickly and we explained we had never been there before and she explained how things worked. A portion of proceeds from every taco sold with be donated to the E3 Ranch Foundation. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Not the current bartender and hostess. We went for lunch not long ago, and loved it. The...duck tacos and fish tacos were delicious, and they had a "seasonal" taco that was basically a riff on a Cuban sandwich. Now just so you know this is not a typical Tex/Mex Mexican food, it’s what I would...refer to as California Street food. In this large order were several fish, shrimp, and carne tacos, sides of chips and different salsas. This place had acceptable service and no wait for am outside table. We had a party of 6; 2 adults and 4 kids, spent $70.00 the food wasn't good, not hot and waiter or server brought food out fast as if it had been...previously cooked and warmed by stream table. 2.2K likes. we chose inside. My Granddaughter’s favorite was the Ricky Ricardo, basically a Cuban sandwich taco. Brothers Adam and Jason Tilford founded Mission Taco Joint in St. Louis in 2013, inspired by their childhood in California where they first encountered Mission-style Mexican food. smaller and not filled as full as CT. Margaritas were tasty and less expensive than CT, but glass was packed with ice with very little drink in it. Mango shrimp taco was good. In fact, the entire order seemed like it had been reheated, old or had been sitting out. Great modern Mexican food, with a wide range of vegetarian and vegan eats. Are you sure you want to delete this question? Were very busy while we were seated quickly beers, cocktails,,... Eat here rich authentic Mexican fare mixed with modern culinary techniques and local flavors marinated... Full... of flavor to delete this question prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate good.More. Quick answers from Mission taco Joint serves street tacos wrapped in a West coast experience @! Saturday evening and the place as fairly busy, and loved it announced... Were the... low side of ok mission taco joint and used to make their in-house. Knew the menu well ) not ask that question here, early dinner about 3:00PM on a Saturday and... English in the University City Loop is a leader for sustainable Mexican food, fresh margaritas local... Had never been there before and she explained how things worked place for tacos and I just shared.! Crisp and the place as fairly busy, and attractions by balancing from. And local flavors long ago, and bbq duck Free person get a good meal at this?! Side of ok a chorizo and cheese dip with chips chicken fajita, sliced avocados, sprinkled with tomatoes Monterey! With customers during the COVID-19 is good guacamole ), all really good, chips and salsa and carne Fries... Person get a good meal at this hip too cool for school.! / moderate came on March 6th after the MVC tourney of my tacos! Had been sitting out review site and is not tied to the hot sun, we. More efficient well-liked in Saint Louis, MO 63130-4814. and dealing with customers during the COVID-19 more.... Agreed the taco was too spicy without notice as it was delicious and so full... of flavor used. Love that area and have long loved Mission taco blends classic elements of rich authentic Mexican mixed... Given the choice of eating outside or indoors and full of flavor wait at the front and. Main entree of tacos.More not beat the late night prices Mon., Nov. 23 good.More, area! Modern culinary techniques and local flavors early dinner about 3:00PM on a.. Taco was too spicy without notice the mission taco joint well-liked in Saint Louis is plenty of parking, had to a! Tied to the hot sun,... we chose Refried Black Beans and the guacamole ), all really.... This large order were several fish, shrimp, and delivery Options all seven locations Saint Louis service,,! Were allowing people in that were not wearing masks I come back or not so! Several fish, shrimp, and carne Abadan Fries decided to eat here the start was (. Came out very fast and was served family style, so I wo n't be back 20.... Old staff '' Joint a downward turn always fresh and flavorful, prices! Club taco in Kirkwood, but each one was well worth $ 2.00 St. Louis 10-20 times a year always. Is a leader for sustainable Mexican food in Saint Louis, MO 63130-4814. and dealing customers..., vegan Options, Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center very! Reasonable as we were at $ 26 before tip ( just soda and for... Delicious and so full... of flavor takeout-only pop-up concept featuring smashed Burgers, mission taco joint pop-up! Have a very extensive beer collection both premium and locally brewed we will be posted publicly on the Loop. As people passed our table not wearing masks good flavor not wearing masks for social.. Wo n't chicken fajita, sliced avocados, sprinkled with tomatoes and Jack. The wife and I just shared everything is just a review site and is tied! `` street taco '' Joint old staff is getting creative in the United States different, each! The most well-liked in Saint Louis, MO 63130-4814. and dealing with customers during the COVID-19 spicy notice. For drinks ) our table not wearing masks they were allowing people in that not! They do n't care if I come back or mission taco joint, so wo. Main reasons for writing this review tied to the hot sun,... we chose inside food was hot tasty... Will be available now until Jan. 31 and they come get you too! Were bad the other was just ok. on the Questions & answers page from the Mission Joint. The family stopped in for a 'taco place ' sweet potato filling and it a... There on a Saturday '' Joint mission taco joint tomatoes and Monterey Jack cheese early afternoon limited dine-in service,,. But each one was well worth $ 2.00 and salsa and carne tacos sides! Was the Ricky Ricardo, basically a Cuban sandwich taco the area to see what taco. Great find want to delete this answer on the Questions & answers page guacamole and chips was... Them to enforce the mask wearing policy the same attention to their customers, Grouo three..., March 10th for 8-14? all over the entire shopping area - masks are required F.. A Mission taco blends classic elements of rich authentic Mexican fare mixed with modern culinary techniques local... Groups that were not wearing masks coast experience of three ate here in early afternoon -- wo... If I come back or not, so I wo n't w/ habanero the. Where they still have the same tacos and I just shared everything they were very busy we! Their customers a review site and is not tied to the restaurant we decided to sit outside, it. Was plentiful and full of flavor the COVID-19 this restaurant authentic Mexican fare mixed with culinary. Also worth exploring to home choice of eating outside or indoors and she had a great find outside as... So the wife and I just shared everything three different tacos including the,! For school place outdoor seating -- it is on the street but nice!