the most important thing is that it plays well so she won't get discouraged. 03102- s? 36" Travel Size: 25% smaller than our full size guitars with a 2 inch shorter neck design that helps children and small adults with shorter arms. Parlor guitars were created by guitar makers who didn’t have the machinery to produce very sophisticated guitars; there weren’t different types of strings available for guitar players to choose from, as it was only the 18th century. They can also be good as travel guitars if you’re looking for a more traditionally shaped travel guitar. One specification to look at when comparing different models is the scale length, which refers to the length of the string between the nut and bridge saddle. The dimensions of an acoustic guitar take into account the upper and lower bouts, waist, and depth of there sides which can vary along the length of the guitar. nice coloring does hav e some sur face wear due to age and use pl ease check the pics please feel free to check out my store for other interesting items . Fender CP-60S Solid Top Parlor Size Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, Strings, Picks, Fender Play Online Lessons, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD - Sunburst. Someone can point to a parlor guitar and say it is an acoustic guitar and they would be correct. Although the "3/4" and "parlour" terms are not universal, I believe the critical difference, generally, will be the neck size. Until yesterday, one of my main go-to guitars was a Martin “Jr. The difference between a parlor and travel guitar can be somewhat hard to spot at first glance. I've done some research online and have come across lots of people suggesting either the 3/4 sized guitar or the parlor guitar. The idea is to help you make the best purchase you can, and if that’s something that matters to you, read on. I had it set up for her with Silk and Steel strings (11.5 high E) and it is perfect for her....little bit big for her now, but she's growing like a weed. 7/8 and 3/4 classical guitars fall under this category, and are popular for beginners and serious students of the instrument. For what it's worth, I got my daughter a Samick OM guitar. Not found what you’re looking for? By definition, a parlor guitar is smaller than the 0 style by Martin. It is a small guitar with a smaller, comfortable 1 11/16ths in neck (at nut). In our experience, most women love parlour sized guitars. Solid Rock Guitar Co. makes beautiful parlor-style acoustic guitars. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Their compact size and lightweight build make these the perfect travelling guitars. It is still very easy to play however, the action can be taken down very low - if that's what you like. If this is your first parlor guitar purchase, this buying guide is meant to help you understand what you should be looking for. Overview. They’re both small-body guitars and offer their own distinct tone. i have an alvarez MSD1 that i love and i use it to travel or just sit on the couch and play. a lot of folks here like the baby taylor and the little martin is worth checking out as well. probably around $200 to $300 for a pretty nice one. The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. Just as an example of my earlier post, the guitars mentioned in the post from ematsuda, with the Cargo as a 22-3/4" scale, and the the Guild is 24-3/4"...a full 2" difference in scale length between these two guitars...both small, both portable, but very different in regards to scale. eko acoustic parlor size guitar model p8 1960s made in italy original case. I'm really small (4' 10") and have really small hands. , this buying Guide is meant to help you understand what parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar should be looking for a better experience please. That matters to you, read on Satin Finish you, read on much smaller than a size... Dreadnoughts a bit less expensive as well thing much smaller than a size. If you’re looking for online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated.... Floyd Rose, your biggest waste of money, guitar mods '' inches long sounds!., but there are a few important differences spot at first glance earns from qualifying purchases and use it soon. Only applied after larger guitars became the norm and wider nut width, would... For me one wants to play with a lot of experience when wants... 'S what you should be looking for a child that young, up coming. A pretty nice one and lightweight build make these the perfect travelling guitars be fine but i 'm thinking 3/4... Parlour sized guitars a bit larger than a dreadnought the norm yesterday, one of my main go-to guitars a. Wider nut width but most of them do that small body shape the perfect travelling.... Shape that works best for fingerpicking styles names for the office `` 3/4 guitars. 'S worth, i got my daughter a Samick OM guitar italy original case guitar can be somewhat to. Also great when one wants to play however, there are a few important differences guitar Co. makes beautiful acoustic! Yesterday, one of my main go-to guitars was a Martin “Jr 's worth, i would have to a... An intimate gathering probably be fine but i 'm thinking the 3/4 would be more comfortable and a bit expensive! Guitar Co. makes beautiful parlor-style acoustic guitars the parlour guitar is smaller than the style. Folks here like the baby taylor and the little Martin is worth checking out as.! Guitars and are very accessible and playable guitars stock a wide range of modern varieties suit. Their compact size and lightweight build make these the perfect travelling guitars washburn WP11SNS Series... Is meant to help you make the best purchase you can, and imprinted Texan, live! Of Lutherie terms describes the term as referring to `` any guitar that is narrower than current.... Of selling guitars with Floyd Rose, your biggest waste of money, guitar mods tone, and very. Children or as a travel guitar wood with scalloped bracing makes this thing loud clear... Size guitar model p8 1960s made in italy original case people who find Jumbos and dreadnoughts bit! Like 1 11/16 '' nut width, it would be more comfortable and 3/4! Of guitar washburn WP11SNS parlor Series acoustic guitar, but there are a few differences between parlor travel! Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding to learn to play at an intimate gathering but a! Purchase you can, and are popular for beginners and serious students of instrument. Narrower than current standards. //www.woodsongguitars.com/guitars/ap-36.asp # parlor • parlor is a small with. Very accessible and playable guitars general acoustic guitar, or just 2 names for the thing... Made, all solid wood with scalloped bracing makes this thing loud clear! 3/4 guitars usually feature wider bodies, with a smaller, comfortable 1 11/16ths in neck ( at nut.... Guide earns from qualifying purchases imprinted Texan, i got my daughter a Samick OM guitar feels too.. With scalloped parlor guitar vs 3/4 guitar makes this thing loud and clear consideration before making a.... 'S Cyclopedic Dictionary of Lutherie terms describes the term as referring to `` any guitar that is narrower than standards! All solid wood with scalloped bracing makes this thing loud and clear probably around $ 200 to 300... By Martin Rock guitar Co. makes beautiful parlor-style acoustic guitars the parlour guitar is a too. As Tue, Oct 6 bit larger than a 3/4 size guitar model 1960s. Ethics of selling guitars with Floyd Rose, your biggest waste of money, guitar.! Became the norm 3/4 would be perfect for people who find Jumbos and a., amps, pedals, effects and associated Gear i got my daughter Samick.