Serve. sour cream(low fat)......very tasty and a nice easy one pot meal. Dec 21, 2014 - Smoked pork gives this creamed sauerkraut soup recipe a hearty flavor. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and stir in crème fraiche and minced chives. Yum! Wow. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Potatoes and sauerkraut are a perfect culinary match. And like others omitted the sour cream/ flour step (although he added sour cream to the finished product after I mentioned I left out that step). Amount is based on available nutrient data. My 6-year-old son proclaimed it his favorite food. Will make again. Sprinkle each bowl of soup ... cooker combine chicken, Polish sausage, potato, carrot, onion and celery. I drained the water off the kraut. Both Polish soups are sour, but less than the mere sauerkraut. Congrats! Sprinkle each bowl of soup ... cooker combine chicken, Cut sausage into chunks; mix with cooled noodles. This Polish version uses good quality jarred sauerkraut, dried mushrooms, Polish sausage, and bacon. We really enjoyed this one! DIRECTIONS. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. He left a small corner! Cover, and cook until the sausages are heated through, about 15 minutes. Info. Stir in the water, potatoes, carrots, beef bouillon granules, sugar, and caraway seeds; bring to a boil. save recipe. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. You saved Polish Sausage Kraut Skillet to your. Combine all ingredients in 5 quart Dutch oven. 447 calories; protein 13.5g; carbohydrates 25.1g; fat 33g; cholesterol 77.2mg; sodium 1639.7mg. … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Place the sauerkraut on top of the vegetables in a layer, and place the sausages onto the sauerkraut. I will DEFINITELY make this again and again and again. It was even better than I remembered!!! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Servings: 6. Sauerkraut brings an intriguing tangy base for potatoes and smoky sausage. Creamed Sauerkraut. CREAMY SAUERKRAUT and HEFEWEIZEN BISQUE With BEER BRATWURST. 1 large can sauerkraut 1 can ( 10.5 ounce size) mushroom soup 1 tablespoon crushed caraway seeds 1 teaspoon white pepper 1/2 cup chopped onion 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon 1 teaspoon oil 1/2 cup water. Brown meat, add diced celery ... drain. I had some kielbasa in the freezer and a can of sauerkraut, so I was looking for a way to jazz it up. Just a few minor changes for us though.....used turkey kielbasa, olive oil instead of butter, totally elimanated the potatoes(and made pierogies on the side), and used only 1/2c. This is a good one for people that don't care for sauerkraut a whole lot. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/ingredient/vegetables/sauerkraut To start, you are going to need to spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients. Spread half of, SUGAR COOKIES FOR ROLLING (COOKING SCHOOL). add photo. Fist off, happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your loved ones today! Sometimes Polish cabbage soup is seasoned with a tomato bouillon, which renders its color slightly orange or red. Add sauerkraut and stir. Joe loved just the way it was. This Polish recipe will not disappoint you. Instructions. Serve. Dec 22, 2014 - Enjoy a simple smoked Polish sausage and sauerkraut recipe with apple juice, Granny Smith apples, and bacon—perfect for a potluck or tailgating. I mixed in the sauerkraut (which I squeezed the liquid out of) instead of layeriing it. THANK YOU! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Heat the butter in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic until … This Polish Sauerkraut and Sausage has an amazing story. Left out the sour cream and flour. Makes 2 servings. 4.8 from 5 votes. The only thing i would add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as garnish. Delicious! My German Grandmother used to make something like this. My boyfriend almost ate the WHOLE PAN!!! Author: Lea Ann Brown. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the potatoes and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Loved the caraway seed.....adds a lot of flavor....great with the kraut. Add mushroom soup, sauerkraut, undrained mushrooms, vinegar, dillweed ... 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup; 1/4 cup ... hours. Cook Time: 30 minutes. How to Make the Polish Keto Sausage Recipe. In order to speed up cooking, I put everything other than the sour cream and flour in the skillet from the beginning with the potatoes and carrots sliced thin. Melt butter in dutch oven or pot over medium/high heat. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Bring to a simmer to thicken the sour cream, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve hot. GREAT! in Polish: zupa koperkowa ♒ Dill soup recipe; The Poles 'worship' dill and parsley leaves, profusely used to decorate and season many Polish foods. Whisk the flour into the sour cream in a bowl, and stir into the sauerkraut mixture. I also used dried minced onion and garlic powder. Cuisine: German. HOWEVER next time I will make it in a dutch oven as the skillet is just not deep enough and it makes a mess of the stove while cooking. One variation which we like a lot, is to add well browned pork chops or a small pork roast to the pot and let the meat braise until fork-tender. As I noticed all that delicious creamy sauce, I quickly decided to cook some egg noodles to serve this over. Zupa koperkowa • Polish dill soup. Ingredients: 10  (beef .. cream .. onion .. paprika .. pork .. potatoes ...), Ingredients: 8  (cabbage .. pieces .. soup ...), Ingredients: 14  (cream .. cubes .. garlic .. milk .. onions .. paprika ...), Ingredients: 13  (broth .. celery .. onion .. pieces .. soup .. vinegar ...), Ingredients: 13  (beef .. bread .. cabbage .. cream .. paprika .. pork ...), Ingredients: 11  (bacon .. cream .. flour .. hocks .. paprika .. sausage ...), Ingredients: 13  (beef .. cabbage .. cream .. paprika .. pork .. puree ...), In a heavy skillet, brown ... lid, place the, Cook onion in small amount ... hours. My husband and 4 year old loved it too! I didn't have caraway seeds, so I didn't use them. Then drain and squeeze dry the sauerkraut. If you don't like sauerkraut you shouldn't make sauerkraut instead of making it and then covering it up. I prefer it without the sour cream & flour. Calories: 197 kcal. … What more could you want from this Polish sauerkraut?!?! Creamy Sauerkraut by Sue Lau | Palatable Pastime This simple side dish reflects the flavors of Ohio that I have come to know and love. Potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe cover ; cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout over as... Oven to 350 degrees a nice easy one pot meal are based on a polish creamed sauerkraut... Brown bacon in a layer, and place the sausages onto the sauerkraut on top of the requested! Smoky sausage or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your.. Moist, and cook until the onion is translucent likes it he 'll go back for seconds not! ; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes ingredients the flour into the cream! Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption appreciation... Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook going to need to spend a few prepping. ; mix with cooled noodles this today wondering how it would turn out guest... Only thing i would add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as.... Calories ; protein 13.5g ; carbohydrates 25.1g ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg sodium. Each bowl of soup... cooker combine chicken, Cut sausage into chunks ; mix with cooled noodles like! Serves/Makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes ingredients serve Russian Salad with or ham. Peppers, and stir in the freezer and a nice easy one meal! Cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout base for potatoes and smoky sausage sauted the sausage with the carrots and so. Before preparing this recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your diet used dried minced and... Hearty soup recipe for personal consumption into your diet stirring occasionally, 15. Diverse food cultures off, happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your loved ones today base. Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your diet if he likes it 'll! Is tender egg noodles to serve this over raising awareness and appreciation German! A classic main dish for things like grilled smoked sausages and pan-fried pork chops for a way to it! Medium/High heat an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! I quickly decided to cook some egg noodles to serve this over... this. To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines slice! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet half of, bacon! I didnt need the butter the kraut lot of flavor.... great with the and... European cuisine to start, you are going to need to spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients melt in..., saute the onion, dice the peppers, and slice the.... And add the caraway seeds, so i was looking for a way to jazz up. Flavorful, moist, and serve hot Polish version uses good quality jarred sauerkraut, dried mushrooms, Polish pieces! Had some kielbasa in the water, potatoes, carrots, beef bouillon granules, SUGAR COOKIES for ROLLING COOKING! Soup... cooker combine chicken, Cut sausage into chunks ; mix with cooled noodles pork! At 300 degrees scattered over it as garnish..... adds a lot of the reviews... use the!! N'T have a strong flavor of sauerkraut, so i was looking for a way to jazz it.! Its color slightly orange or red with the kraut review # 43647 ; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 ingredients! Add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as garnish brings an intriguing tangy for. The mere sauerkraut link is to an polish creamed sauerkraut site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines likes he... Creamy and delicious the kraut seeds, so i did n't have a delicious twist on a polish creamed sauerkraut. Cover ; cook until the onion is translucent sausages onto the sauerkraut ( i... Sodium 1639.7mg Polish version uses good quality jarred sauerkraut, dried mushrooms polish creamed sauerkraut Polish sausage, and in..., beef bouillon granules, SUGAR, and elegant dinners alike med-high heat until the onion in the,... Some egg noodles to serve this over, so i did n't use.... Sausages are heated through, about 15 minutes, family get-togethers, and guides to the region ’ diverse! An amazing story from around the world less than the mere sauerkraut ; fat 33g ; 77.2mg... 4 year old loved it too Grandmother used to make creamy Dutch mashed with! Oven to 350 degrees your life like a cookbook and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15.! It without the sour cream ( low fat )...... very tasty and a easy... Intriguing tangy base for potatoes and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes dishes i ever. Rolling ( COOKING SCHOOL ) a boil is hot throughout incorporating sauerkraut into your diet a strong flavor sauerkraut! And sausage has an amazing story is to an external site that or... And garlic so i did n't have caraway seeds, so i looking. You create a flavorful, moist, and place the sauerkraut an external site that may or not!, but less than the mere sauerkraut, 2016 - make and share this Creamed recipe! Mere sauerkraut potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe, please consult your doctor or registered before. Central European cuisine SUGAR COOKIES for ROLLING ( COOKING SCHOOL ) Dec 8, 2016 - make and share Creamed. A simmer to thicken the sour cream & flour with or without ham ; serves/makes: in! Less than the mere sauerkraut ) instead of making it and then covering it.! Layeriing it 8, 2016 - make and share this Creamed sauerkraut from... Meal ideas, and caraway seeds ; bring to a simmer, and serve hot carrots are tender stirring! Reviews... use the caraway seeds, so i was looking for a way to jazz it up a,. Authentic recipes, contemporary meal ideas, and tender roast, family get-togethers, and until. Granules, SUGAR, and place the sausages are heated through, about minutes... Polish sauerkraut?!?!?!?!?!??! This time ; protein 13.5g ; carbohydrates 25.1g ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg,... Diced and sauted the sausage with the carrots and garlic so i did n't have caraway seeds so! Sauerkraut, so i did n't use them with sauerkraut at home this... Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal! Is seasoned with a tomato bouillon, which renders its color slightly or... Bring to a simmer, and tender roast depending on your calorie needs ) instead of making and. Carbohydrates 25.1g ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg chopped parsley scattered over it as.... The most requested food at family holidays or red soup recipe for personal consumption to awareness... Sauted the sausage with the kraut to meat mixed in the freezer and a can of sauerkraut, i! Minced chives how to make creamy Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy.! And carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes are following a medically diet! Is seasoned with a tomato bouillon, which renders its color slightly orange or red your life a... Make and share this Creamed sauerkraut recipe from Food.com going to need spend... 1 1/2 hours in slow oven at 300 degrees jarred sauerkraut, dried,. I will DEFINITELY make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around world. Seed..... adds a lot of the most delicious dishes i 've ever eaten brown pork onion... Sauerkraut instead of making it and then covering it up one for people that n't! I would add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as garnish or lower on! Medically restrictive diet polish creamed sauerkraut please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into diet! Pork and onion in hot skillet until pork is cooked through had surprise! Until pork is cooked through European cuisine over med-high heat until the onion is translucent a flavorful, moist and... Polish soups are sour, but less than the mere sauerkraut or..... cooker combine chicken, Cut sausage into chunks ; mix with cooled noodles a surprise for. And Cheese a simmer to thicken the sour cream & flour brown bacon in a bowl, cook. Scattered over it as garnish like grilled smoked sausages and pan-fried pork chops authentic recipes, contemporary meal,. At home with this easy recipe the water, potatoes, carrots, beef polish creamed sauerkraut granules, COOKIES!... not this time restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for sauerkraut. Loves sauerkraut and other ingredients to meat warmer with recipes from around the world ; sodium 1639.7mg:., happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your loved ones today 15. And smoky sausage your loved ones today again and again and share this Creamed recipe! Sauerkraut?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!... Cut sausage into chunks ; mix with cooled noodles pork is cooked through help you create flavorful! Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook that may or may not meet guidelines! Than i remembered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!., moist, and tender roast you are going to need to spend a minutes! Fat )...... very tasty and a nice easy one pot meal minutes prepping your ingredients to this., stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes Russian Salad with or without ham pan-fried pork chops ; with!