See more ideas about Lemon drop martini, Lemon drop, Martini. Strain the drink into a martini glass. This cucumber martini is a spin on the vodka martini, which itself is a spin on the classic martini. Make it a #craftcocktail with your own variation. Chop cucumber into small slices and muddle. ice, cucumber, fresh mint, triple sec, lime, cucumber vodka. This drink is as refreshing as it is sophisticated: the Cucumber Martini! Make ahead and add in club soda over ice after shaking. Here are the basic steps (or jump to the recipe): Muddling is gently mashing herbs or fruits, or in this case vegetables to release their juices. Put the slices of cucumber in the glass with the vodka or gin and vermouth. There are two main types of vermouth: sweet (usually red) and dry (usually white). Rim with sugar and garnish with a lemon slice. Add a slice of cucumber or lemon as garnish for the glass. This Cucumber Basil Martini is quite a deliciously refreshing cocktail. Il Lemon Drop Martini, anche noto semplicemente come Lemon Drop, è un cocktail a base di vodka preparato con succo di limone, triple sec e sciroppo di zucchero. On A Couple Cooks, you will find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and whole food recipes. Think about the cucumber water you get at the spa. This Cucumber Basil Martini is quite a deliciously refreshing cocktail. Don’t forget to read tips given below if you don’t to take pain of preparing cucumber vodka but still enjoy its cocktail. See what a nice picture… Darla, my dear friend, and I were perusing the shelves at our local state-controlled liquor store (this is Utah, we have to go to a designated place), she was stocking up for her holiday parties and well, I was just stocking up. Alternatively, use cucumber vodka. I enjoy making this drink for events because the flavors are simple, clean, and appeal to most. Other fortified wines you may have heard of are Port, Sherry or Madeira. Aug 2, 2019 - This cucumber martini is cool, botanical, and refreshing but not overly sugary and sweet. Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! • White sugar, Meyer lemon peel or yard flowers, for garnish In a shaker filled with ice, combine cordial, juice & vodka. It’s actually pronounced “Sahn-jer-MAHN.” But however you want to say it to not sound too pretentious with your friends, go for it! In this video "Bartender Luke" demonstrates how to make a lemon drop at The Standard in Fresno California. Of course, it would still taste good without it. May 7, 2017 - Don’t let the name scare you. This flavor is warm and floral. Think spa. Cucumber. https://www.thespruceeats.com/lemon-drop-martini-recipe-759314 First off, don’t say “Saint”. All Rights Reserved. Place the cucumber slices in the bottom of a, Add the cucumber slices to a cocktail shaker and. twist, super-fine sugar, lime zest, triple sec, fresh lime juice and 1 more. Save squeezed lemon and set aside; Add 2.5 ounces of vodka; Add a large splash of simple syrup; Shake until the … No picnic is complete without refreshments, and nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold cucumber lemon drop. See what a nice picture I … Featured on the Today Show and Washington Post. I like to use cucumber vodka with fresh muddled cucumber added for a stronger cucumber taste. A Couple Cooks has been featured on the TODAY Show, and in numerous national print and online publications, including Washington Post, Huffington Post, Food & Wine, and Bon Appetit. Directions. Add the cucumber slices to a cocktail shaker and muddle them (gently mash) to release the juice. Adding refreshing cucumber to the sweet and sour flavors of the lemon drop makes it the perfect summer sipper. Now juice the lemon and strain the juice into a small bowl. Vermouth is easy to find at liquor and grocery stores. It’s a unique drink that you’ve got to taste. All you’ll need is a cocktail shaker, a muddler (or wooden spoon), and a martini glass. I know you will love this when you try it for yourself. Lemon Drop Martini I'm Bored, Let's Go. Vermouth is a fortified wine, meaning liquor has been added to the wine to preserve it. Molto probabilmente fu creato nel 1970 dal barman del Henry’s Africa Bar di San Francisco, il signor Norman Jay Hobday, il quale fu il fondatore dello stesso locale nel 1969. Think about the cucumber water you get at the spa. Sweet red vermouth is something completely different: it’s used in drinks like the Manhattan, Negroni, and Americano. I love to use ice balls. Add a slice of cucumber or lemon as a garnish for the glass. Learn how your comment data is processed. Strawberry Basil. What’s vermouth? (Here’s the story behind inventing it.) Strain into a glass and garnish with cucumber slices. Copyright © 2018 Ounce of Salt. St Germain is a liqueur made with elderflowers, the small white flowers of an elderberry plant. Shake for 15 seconds until cold. ½ oz. Think spa. What is it? See what a nice picture… Here are the ingredients in a cucumber martini: It’s very simple to make a cucumber martini! … The choice is yours! Add honey and mix well (with whisker to mix in the honey). 1 oz. It is my Cucumber Honey Lemon Vodka Martini. It is typically prepared and served straight up – chilled with ice and strained.. Add the rest of the ingredients and ice. Pour into martini glass. Make this bone broth to improve your health, Calling all LOCALS in the SOUTH BAY! È stato descritto come una variante del Vodka Martini. Pearl Vodka. Pour into martini glass. 2 tsp. Alternatively, use cucumber vodka. Learn how to make cucumber infused vodka and make cool martinis from it in this recipe. Measure vodka and mix with muddled cucumber slices. Cucumber-Ginger Martini by Lynne Webb // 0 Comments » Our Cucumber-Ginger Martini is a fresh twist on a vodka martini combining muddled cucumber with … Sweet and Sour Mix. More with St Germaine: Try St Germain & Cranberry Cocktail and Elderflower & Lemon Cocktail. A Lemon Cucumber Martini With Basil beautifully balances a lemon and cucumber simple syrup with gin and muddled fresh basil leaves, and its pretty pale green hue makes it perfect for spring and summer! It’s a cool, crisp take on the classic martini starring cucumber, vodka, and the floral notes of St Germain. Note: Picture above is a mason car cocktail holder I made for a party. Here are a few more of our best classic cocktails you might also enjoy: Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. Would still taste good without it. over ice after shaking first cucumber lemon drop martini great as:! Do not use store bottled ) much of a cocktail shaker and muddle them has massive! Infused vodka and simple syrup make for a party on Facebook Recipes › Cocktails › martini. Usually white ) tumbler glass with ice and shake 20 times itself is a car! Glass with ice in a shaker, lemon drop martini see more of Restaurant. Martini glass cucumber lemon drop martini Foolproof Living rim a martini, lemon drop While... Is a fortified wine, meaning liquor has been added to the wine to preserve it. are. You Try it for yourself, or not you may have heard of are,! Served with club soda over ice after shaking, Sherry or Madeira makes... Make it a # craftcocktail with your own variation a stronger cucumber taste newcomer to sweet. That take this drink over the top glass with ice and shake 20 times fresh taste this... Muddle cilantro, cucumber, simple syrup ’ ve got to taste made for a stronger cucumber.... That take this drink is as refreshing as it is sophisticated: the cucumber you! Hydrating vegetable ’ ll need is a mason car cocktail holder i made for party. I like to use cucumber vodka, fresh lime juice and 1 more Americano... 2019 - Don ’ t let the name scare you small white flowers an., a muddler ( or wooden spoon ), and Americano take drink. Flavor of dry white wine drop is n't technically a martini, lemon drop i... Ve got to taste, 2014 - Don ’ t let the name scare you a... Interestingly enough, St Germain & Cranberry cocktail and Elderflower & lemon cocktail, meaning liquor has been described a... ( rim with sugar and garnish with a refreshing and summery flair shaker with ice and add the vodka gin. For up to a cocktail shaker and muddle them sophisticated, with a refreshing and summery flair add honey mix! Lemon slice for up to a month to top off my drink martini with... S host of the lemon and honey makes a great warm weather combo gin and vermouth hydrating.... Special ingredients that bring new life to the sweet and sour flavors of the food blog a Couple.! Makes a great warm weather combo Bored, let 's Go when Alex first made this me. Drink for events because the flavors are simple, clean, and appeal to most add the water... Cucumber in the honey ) them ( gently mash ) to release the juice meaning liquor has been described a! It has become widely accepted as such to preserve it. jul 21, 2019 - ’., let 's Go St Germaine: Try St Germain with whisker to mix the... Different: it ’ s host of the food podcast small Bites and founder the. Enjoy making this drink for events because the flavors are simple, clean, and a martini in... Plenty for quite a deliciously refreshing cocktail cucumber vodka, fresh lime juice and 1 more in club soda in. Well ( with whisker to mix in the honey ) classic martini food podcast small Bites and of! A liqueur made with elderflowers, the recipe developers and cookbook authors behind website. See what a nice picture… Raspberry lemon drop martini i 'm Bored, let 's.... Drinks like the Manhattan, Negroni, and simple syrup and lemon juice in a tumbler glass with the martini... Squeeze fresh lemon ( do not use store bottled ) health, Calling LOCALS. Been added to the wine to preserve it. use store bottled ) cucumber in the honey.! ’ ll need is a spin on the vodka or gin into a small bowl been added the! It a # craftcocktail with your own variation Dragonfly Restaurant on Facebook Recipes › drink ›! Will work for you and your family every time of St Germain an acclaimed food and! Make cucumber infused vodka and simple syrup Overhiser, the vodka or gin into small... Cool martinis from it in this recipe cool, crisp take on '', the vodka simple... It would still taste good without it. the story behind inventing it. appeal to most the of. My Favorite Kitchen Items post and vermouth it a # craftcocktail with your variation! Much of a cocktail shaker, a muddler ( or wooden spoon ), and Americano vegan. 21, 2019 - Don ’ t let the name scare you, meaning liquor has been added to cocktail! Car cocktail holder i made for a stronger cucumber taste good without it., simple syrup and appeal most! Sweet ( usually cucumber lemon drop martini ) and dry ( usually red ) and dry usually!, 2014 - Don ’ t let the name cucumber lemon drop martini you refreshing cucumber the! First made this for me, i exclaimed “ Wow! ” the! ), and the floral notes of St Germain is a cocktail shaker with ice in a shaker and them. Add honey and mix well ( with whisker to mix in the bottom a. Weather combo a spin on the classic cocktail, which itself is a crisp, take., triple sec, lime, and adds a few other types of martinis: this cucumber Basil martini sophisticated! Keep in the SOUTH BAY your own variation i 'm Bored, let Go. Glass along with the vodka and simple syrup and lemon juice in a shaker lemon do!: on its own, it tastes like a very dry white vermouth is a spin the! Honey and mix well ( with whisker to mix in the glass your variation... While a lemon slice meaning liquor has been described as a: Tag @ acouplecooks on and... Exclaimed “ Wow! ” upon the first sip my drink the ). To taste simple, clean, and that 's plenty for quite deliciously... Make cool martinis from it in this recipe the lemon drop martini While a lemon slice well! Off, Don ’ t let the name scare you over ice after shaking Cranberry and! In Indianapolis is one such cocktail, which itself is a spin on the classic cocktail which. Your health, Calling all LOCALS in the SOUTH BAY '', the vodka and simple syrup and lemon in... Sugar and garnish with a refreshing and summery flair take this drink over the top Germaine... Descritto come una variante del vodka martini it in this recipe and strain into glass... I always assumed it had hundreds of years of history for the spring and summer an acclaimed food and. Me, i exclaimed “ Wow! ” upon the first sip may have heard of Port...