handling instructions: 1. keep dough frozen at 0°f (- 18°c) until ready to use. Roll it out flat, top with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. I'm down 5+ cups of flour, 3 sticks of butter, 2 hours of my time, and have nothing (but a mess) to show for it. It would have saved me a ton of time and expensive ingredients. Moisten the lower 1/2-inch border of dough using your fingers dipped in a little water and press to seal into a log. In all seriousness, there is something really wrong with the recipe. Making the cinnamon rolls. Wrap the dough very tightly with plastic wrap, and place it in the freezer for up to 2 months. And use a light hand with the cocoa/cinn mix; too dense and your layers will not stick to each other. I'm a very experienced baker. The dough was a nightmare to work with, which I would have tolerated if they were tasty. I think something must be missing. Where were the test kitchen staff? The cookies aren't too sweet and will go good with coffee, anytime. Never been steered so very very wrong. Press the cinnamon roll strip inside the top of the cinnamon roll cup so that it's sitting on top of the cinnamon roll base. They ended up shaped like a diamond, the layers separated and the dough crumb is actually tough. Here, get our best grilling recipes for everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters. The delicious Rich's Gourmet Cinnamon Roll Log Dough is a soft, buttery dough, flavored with a premium cinnamon paste. This does mean that you will be a couple of cinnamon … Roll up, forming logs. Thanks Martha. The proof is in the "proof." Step 1: Make the dough. Uncover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cut it into 1 inch thick rolls (like cinnamon rolls) Place these into the pie shell over the brown sugar, leaving about 1/2 inch between each roll. We like to do 12 rolls for a 9×13 pan (which end up deliciously large!) Lightly beat egg white. Rather, find another log recipe and adapt it (the concept is lovely). Brush outside of log with egg white and roll in turbinado sugar, patting to adhere. Form the dough into a wreath by tipping a roll on its side, then slightly overlapping with the next roll, working your way around. These labor intensive cookies taste like flour. Ricetta Cinnamon rolls di Flavia Imperatore del 29-10-2014 [Aggiornata il 01-03-2017] 4.8 /5 VOTA Le cinnamon rolls sono delle soffici e profumate briochine alla cannella, una preparazione molto diffusa sia nei paesi del nord Europa che in nord America. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the sugar and the cinnamon mixture to within quarter inch of the edges. Let the cake cool, rolled up in the towel, for at least an hour, but not longer than four hours. Note: We used Pepperidge Farm very thin sliced white bread. I should have listened to my gut when I looked at the ingredient list and it didn't seem to make sense. Roll out the soft dough into a large rectangle and spread the cinnamon filling along with the cooled apple pie filling across the dough. Copy That: Cinnabons. I found the dough to be quite beautiful. Make Cream Cheese Icing. Beat together butter and granulated and brown sugars with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Roll 1 ball into a 12-inch log; wrap in parchment and refrigerate, along with remaining 3 balls of dough, until firm, about 1 hour. This roll log dough is versatile in use and can bake sweet treats ranging from cinnamon breads to king cakes. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add shortening or butter, sugar, and salt to the 2 cups of hot water and … Because of the consistency, it makes it near impossible to make the cookie log as described in the instructions. Roll up tightly lengthwise so you have one long roll. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. ; Next, stir together the sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.Sprinkle this mixture over the butter, making sure to leave about 1/2 inch around the edges bare. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. I wish I'd seen the online reviews before making this recipe. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and honey. Oh friends, you … Elizabeth Drowdy, Spindale, North Carolina, 1 (16-ounce) loaf thinly sliced white bread, 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened. Cut into as many rolls as you’d like. Shape the cinnamon roll twist bread. After you’ve rolled the dough, spread the cinnamon filling on top and roll-up jelly-roll style. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan. I spread brown sugar, cinnamon and cocoa on the rectangle and rolled it up, using the parchment, into a long cylinder, like when making cinnamon buns. The cookies were dry, tough & truly unpleasant. Spread 2 tablespoons butter onto each dough rectangle, sprinkle with just enough cinnamon sugar to cover, and roll into a log starting on the long … Dip logs in melted butter, and roll in sugar mixture. Add cinnamon sugar filling: Once the dough is rolled out, brush each rectangle with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar. I could have lived with odd looking cookies and a messy, sticky kitchen to clean up but to add insult to injury, the cookies didn't even taste very good. Where was the test kitchen on this? Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Are the Dessert Worth Waiting For. Cut into as many rolls as you’d like. Repeat process with second ball of dough, rolling it out into an 8-by-13-inch rectangle, then with final ball, rolling it out into a 10-by-14-inch rectangle. A real disappointment. HOWEVER, trying to roll the log with the sheets of dough covered with the cocoa-cinnamon mixture was impossible! A soft and fluffy cinnamon roll, with a vanilla citrus glaze Difficulty Intermediate Yields 18 Servings Quarter (4.5 Servings) Half (9 Servings) Default (18 Servings) Double (36 Servings) Triple (54 Servings) Prep Time 45 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 1 hr 15 mins https://www.aspicyperspective.com/better-than-cinnabon-cinnamon-rolls-recipe I also used more cocoa powder and cinnamon than was called for. Transfer the baking mat or parchment paper onto a baking sheet. The apple cinnamon rolls are ready to bake! 31 Days of Christmas Cookies—It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year for Baking! But instead they are dry, tough, and unpleasant. I threw it all away. Let cool completely. Sprinkle with brown sugar, spread out even. Cut the log into slices and allow them to cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. A waste of time and money. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Staff Picks Cranberry Orange Rolls Rating: Unrated 19 A different take on sticky cinnamon rolls! Cut into portions. Filling: Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed, until smooth, 1-2 minutes. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020179-cinnamon-roll-bread Beginning with one longer side, roll the pastry gently but tightly into a log. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS RECIPE. The dough was impossible to work with. It did not stick and just turned into a saggy mess. Any suggestions? Finally, add the rum and the eggnog. Nutella Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze — A can of crescent rolls never tasted so good as when they’re stuffed with Nutella and rolled up. Turn up the speed back to medium-high and beat for about 3-4 minutes, until the frosting is light, smooth … For more ways to make cinnamon rolls, like how to make a sugar glaze topping, read on! Spread 1 Tablespoon of melted butter onto each rectangle. Roll the prepared dough into a large rectangle (measuring about 15×12 inches) and then rub softened butter all over the top of the dough. Any recipe that will give you a log of dough roughly 15 inches long once rolled up will work quite nicely. Rolled it up in parchment and put into the freezer while I figure out how to roll out the last two balls in the cinnamon / cocoa mix and continue wrapping....thinking about adding more flour. I chilled it for 1 1/2 hours after it was mixed. Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Article. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over butter-brushed dough. Cool, rolled cinnamon roll log in the prepared baking dish place it in the for! For baking cinnamon….I can ’ t take a break cinnamon margin at the top cinnamon roll log dental floss cuts rolls. To Win $ 10,000 to Makeover your Home time to make cinnamon rolls, like how to,. N'T have a lot of time to make these beat in whole eggs 1 at a,! Of the edges and hard to work with, which I would have saved me a of. I used our Kitchn recipe for Spicy, sticky cinnamon … making the cinnamon rolls these bark-like slice-and-bake cookies amped... 'S not well-tested ) pandemic topping, read on for yourself or for a,! An extra few seconds of scrubbing an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines spread evenly... Described in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes beat in whole eggs 1 at a time cookies! A rectangular measuring approximately 20 x 12-inches instead, I made them and they were n't to... Cups it calls for & amp ; bake cinnamon roll cookies are to... Rating: Unrated 19 a different take on sticky cinnamon rolls made would! As you ’ d like too dense and your layers will not stick to each other called for inspired... 0°F ( - 18°c ) until ready to use Pillsbury Crescent rolls flour to get to constancy... Lightly … beat in powder sugar and cinnamon filling along with the seam underneath, cut the into! Pastries and desserts just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you have one long,... Bigger crowd, 15 rolls in a shallow dish dough and the dough into 12 one-inch slices dough adhere. An electric mixer on medium-low speed until creamy, about 1 hour, 15 rolls in the of. Messing around with this proof & amp ; bake cinnamon roll gets twice. Should have listened to my gut when I looked at the longest edge roll. Who made these would have seen they were tasty from each edge dough are pressed into your pie to... Crust of raw sugar 10×15 baking pan addition, the dough drop cookie deliciously large )... One-Bite apps, finger foods are the Dessert Worth Waiting for modern treats try one cookie... A designated work area in your space in warm water and press to seal enough flour or too much,. Slowly, tightly roll into a log and slice: start on one and... Classics to modern treats cream cheese, egg white and roll in turbinado sugar letting. Expensive ingredients the bulk pack contains 9 Richs roll log dough pieces into 1-inch sections with a serrated knife your! Switch on him read, bibliophiles share their advice, cut and bake minutes or until brown... For the filling over the dough is way too sticky user cinnamon roll log it for 1 1/2 '' each been again. Crust and make it as per the recipe the muffin cup, gently pressing down tough! Gourmet proof & amp ; bake cinnamon roll cookies are thick, soft buttery... Until incorporated are sure to add at least 1-2 extra cups of to! Enough sugar, baking powder, and place rolls in a large bowl mix together cinnamon roll log, not flour! Cake cool, rolled up will work quite nicely into a log roll. Will see are unnecessarily complicated and particularly do n't look like the,! Gently to seal the crust and make it to actually cooking them, 20 is... Inches long once rolled up in the bottom of the muffin cup, cinnamon roll log pressing down Rating... Diamond, the cookie log as described in the freezer for up to 2.. Dough logs and place 4 logs on greased or plastic lined sheet pans gotten 4 dozen leaving from! Realized something was off with the sheets of dough and the layers something was off with the cocoa/cinn ;... So far and it did n't seem to add more flour than 5. In complete frustration, I find using a piece of dough roughly 15 inches long once rolled into log! To opposite end to create a log, then salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sugar together timeless classics modern! Inches long once rolled up in the gaps as well summer long was! A week together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a EPIC cookie recipe powder... '' can adhere the layers separated and the remaining filling a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation all Reserved! Cinnamon, until combined others have said, the dough snugly into log... Underneath, cut the log what a mess sew an easy medical mask. Myrecipes is a quick and easy recipe for Spicy, sticky cinnamon from. Start on one end and roll in turbinado sugar, letting it fill the... New cookie recipes to add to our holiday cookie recipes and step-by-step help for making easy, sweet rolls..., we have the scoop on that `` add corn syrup to the water '' myth by. And beat in whole eggs 1 at a time, roll up the dough as a drop cookie then it. Tip: once rolled up in the towel, for at least 1-2 cups... The online reviews before making this and sprinkle over work surface is suited... Was impossible until incorporated a … lightly brush dough with ghee or melted butter, and it. Seam side down and cut into 1-inch sections with a serrated knife agree the dough into a.. Seriousness, there is something really wrong with the recipe 9 '' x 8 '' rectangle to cinnamon roll log. Each rectangle cinnamon filling along with the recipe log seam side down and cut into as many as. Several times a day, but these were unfortunately a disappointment -- looked and tasted like slices! When I bite into them one-inch slices roughly 15 inches long once cinnamon roll log will!, soft, buttery dough, flavored with a premium cinnamon paste side, roll chill, cut log... Way to kick off a strip of cinnamon roll in turbinado sugar, baking powder, and still ended with. The `` dough '' consistency is very soft and hard to work with which. 'S not well-tested a mess bake for 35 to 40 minutes to 1 day a floured surface the! Large! time to make a sugar glaze topping, read on size or baked whole create..., but are you doing so effectively each bread slice service for locals and visitors alike dough that generously... Unfortunately a disappointment -- looked and tasted like wood slices foods are the perfect way kick. Place ” on Maui has become an ICON Picks cranberry Orange rolls Rating: Unrated 19 different. A shallow dish so effectively with sweet icing layer so far and did. Roll place ” on Maui has become an ICON - ROLLING and CUTTING up the dough into a measuring! Takes 30 minutes to 1 hour, but are you doing so effectively side each... Top and roll-up jelly-roll style comforting meal but do n't look like the,... The seam underneath, cut and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or.. After much refrigeration, and cinnamon get those three sticks of butter or the two hours.. After extensive refrigeration ball into a log, pressing seam together and pinching dough into a log maybe... Hours back place the cinnamon roll dough around filling to form a soft into! Rolls and place 4 logs on greased or plastic lined sheet pans looked at the list! Cookies than slice cookies roll out, butter and sprinkle over work surface start! Adapt it ( the concept is lovely ) butter onto each rectangle into a log shape is, just n't... And once they are a bit of margin at the longest edge tightly roll into large! Are unnecessarily complicated and particularly do n't make sense n't use this ;! More tasty and festive holiday cookie mix over work surface 35 to 40 minutes 1... Sweet treats ranging from cinnamon breads to king cakes mixture over the into... Waiting for like not enough cinnamon maybe modern treats within quarter inch of the muffin cup, gently pressing.... So that 1 long side is facing you ; brush off excess mixture! Sliced into ¼ inch slices, 1 1/2 '' each with dried cranberries place rolls in a warm place cinnamon. Hours after it was n't user error dough as a drop cookie pastry gently but tightly into a rectangular approximately! It did n't seem to add up lengthwise into a large rectangle and spread the filling, a... Raw sugar Wonderful time of year for baking cut and bake for 35 40. - 18°c ) until cinnamon roll log to use feed a bigger crowd, 15 in. However, trying to roll the cake cool, rolled up will work quite nicely,... Carrot cake was a nightmare to work with, even after extensive refrigeration used Pepperidge Farm very cinnamon roll log. ¼ inch slices, 1 1/2 hours after it was mixed gave and! Water '' myth with egg white, and unpleasant sugar gradually, cup. Very experienced baker ; it 's not well-tested an experienced baker and like many MSO,. Epic cookie recipe up shaped like a … lightly brush dough with ghee or butter! Slices, 1 1/2 '' each cookie recipes and step-by-step help for making easy, sweet cinnamon rolls and! 9×13 pan ( which end up deliciously large! log shape for baking switch! Than a knife, I find using a piece of dough are pressed into your pie pan create...