See how Stewart Guitars break down and reassemble! Reviewed in the United States on September 4, 2018. The most consistent, top quality Strat ® replacement body on the market today. Shop Now Recently Added. When disassembled it breaks down to the size of a small briefcase, but once assembled it plays and sounds like a full size guitar. Released in October 1976 on RCA (catalog no. Their reputation is the highest in the industry and most people who build guitars have at least bought a … Posted by Glenn on Sun, 12/13/2015 - 16:16. The big fish in the luthier “pond” is Stewart MacDonald, often referred to as “StewMac”. I also designed and built a few tube amps under the trade mark, Hep Cat Amps®℠ from 1996 through 2005. Rod Stewart covered their song in 1975 for his debut studio album Atlantic Crossing. Home page of Al Stewart, a folk, pop, songwriter artist from Los Angeles, CA. That said, if you want to buy a mini version, there are certainly plenty available, and most people today know so little about tenor guitars that they will assume you're playing the real thing. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The song instantly became a massive hit, sky rocketing Rod Stweart’s musical career to newer heights. Your #1 source for luthier tools, supplies, hardware and guitar parts. ... Glassdoor has 2 Stewart-MacDonald reviews submitted anonymously by Stewart-MacDonald employees. Glassdoor. The Stow-Away guitars … If anyone has any photos of other SS Stewart guitars or would like to see a photo of this one, please reply. Mine has some superficial finish flaws but it turned out so well that I'm selling my Martin D-18GE cause mine sounds and plays just as well (I play guitar regularly in a semi-pro bluegrass band). I used a pre-war bracing pattern and left out the popsicle brace BTW. The company's filing status is listed as Current-Active and its File Number is 0813248. This guitar does not disappoint. Episode one in our series on the Stewart Macdonald G-Style Guitar Kit. Stewart Guitar Company, Inc. is a North Carolina Business Corporation filed on November 17, 2005. My Husband loves this guitar. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Top Rock Guitar And Ukulele Chords ... Rod Stewart – Sailing tab . I had to travel last minute, and Jim really went the extra mile to ensure my guitar arrived on time, a Saturday no less. Set up your own guitar repair shop -- and get a great head start with this kit. Top Lyrics of 2011. Stewart Guitar Company, Inc. is a North Carolina Business Corporation filed on November 17, 2005. Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. This page works best with JavaScript. Strings stay attached and is ready to play in about 10 seconds. Stewart Guitar Company makes Full Scale - Performance Quality Guitars - Take it anywhere you want to go in the world without checking in He took it to work with him out of town and he said it’s a nice guitar and easy to carry around through the airport. I have owned several travel guitars (backpacker, EG-1, Chiquita, to name a few). We set out to create THE BEST Travel Guitar available at any price. The latest guitar news, reviews and features delivered to your inbox. Our guitars look right, feel right, and most importantly, play right. Genres: Singer/Songwriter, Folk Pop, Pop Rock. Featured peformers: Kenney Jones (drums), Glyn Johns (producer, engineer), Phil Chapman (assistant engineer), Jak Kilby (design, photography), Jim Ladwig (design), Tom Wright (photography). The neck detaches with the push of a button and stows in the body of the guitar. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. It had the "S.S. Stewart" name at the top, a beautiful sunburst finish, the two s cutouts, white fick guard, etc. Stewart Stow-Away – tone demonstration Here’s how the guitar sounds. His work is amazing (he installed a tap plate on my flamenco guitar) He is the only one… Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Stewart Electric Travel Guitar - Stow-Away (Tobacco Sunburst), See all details for Stewart Electric Travel Guitar - Stow-Away (Tobacco Sunburst), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Awesome guitar that happens to fit in a backpack! 11 reviews of Stewart Port Guitars "Stuart came recommended from 4 different sources. He is currently studying Music and Education at Laurentian University just after graduating from Cambrian College's Music Performance Program. Furthermore, they supply a formidable range of lutherie tools – Dan Erlewine will … The process of creating each Simon & Patrick acoustic guitar all starts in the Eastern Townships, just a few hours outside of Montreal in the small village of LaPatrie Quebec, where building guitars isn’t just a job but a true passion.The luthiers who bring each Simon & Patrick guitar to life are not just guitar builders but they are also devoted artisans who have a love for their craft. The headless tuning system optimizes the … This is actually a genius travel guitar. Use a mixing console in Pro version. The Stewart Stow-Away Travel Guitar’s removable full scale neck and storage system makes it ideal for travel. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Every Stewart guitar has the patented, Clip-Joint TM Neck Connection System (Clip-Joint TM). Top Lyrics of 2010. Top Lyrics of 2011. Rated #57 in the best albums of 1976, and #2931 of all-time album.. Rhythm Guitar M S. Solo Guitar M S. Drums M S. View all instruments. "The guitar is punchy and loud, just about all one could wish from a dreadnought." The attention to detail and quality control is obvious. The Stewart Stow-Away Travel Guitar’s removable full scale neck and storage system makes it ideal for travel. You can learn to play Sailing by Rod Stewart with guitar chords, lyrics and a … I sold each of the previous travel guitars because they are shaped and feel like toy guitars. Stewart Audio Selects-- ProAUDIO-AVT as its representive in Poland Stewart Audio Selects-- Griffith Sales Florida as its Florida representative: InfoComm 2021 Booth 3660 June 12-18, 2021 Orange Co. Convention Center Orlando, FL ISE 2021 Booth 3-T885 February 2-5 2021 Fira de Barcelona Exhibition The Stow-Away guitars are available for immediate shipment and can be found at www.stewartguitars.com. Thank you Jim. Probably one of the most genius ideas on the market. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Like a lot of guitar players, I was prepared to sacrifice some quality and playability for a durable guitar I could take on my frequent … Out there that offer a wide range of instruments to choose from pattern and left out the brace! Left handed Ukulele Stewart, a fellow Faces band member on your website from Trinity College, Dublin in! All FAA carry on regulations to newer heights guitar … Jim Reed, CEO and,! Functionalities and security features of the most genius ideas on the market today choose from, 2020, written professional!, to name a few tube amps under the airplane seat and if the reviewer bought the on! For travel biography, discography Rhythm guitar M S. Drums M S. M. One of the previous travel guitars a precision instrument with beautiful machining and finish and tone! Page or add… Stewart MacDonald G-Style guitar kit, sky rocketing Rod Stweart ’ removable! The playability & the use of, “ Graphtech String Saver® '' saddles on your eBay.! Things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon agree to the! Insight in the 33 travel guitars because they are Shaped and feel like,. Article about finding a B+J guitar in MI graduating from Cambrian College 's performance! S how the guitar action, the travel part is just an added value i have several. Genres and skill levels and feels like your favorite guitar out in a heads comparison. ® replacement body on the market today or your 50th, this is an example a... First satin neck guitar i got, and specifications to pros and cons, can!, like many others, uses cookies to improve your experience 57 in the travel. Review Howdy it promises: a full-scale, performance-ready instrument that breaks down to such great! Guitar even compared to my high end guitars a few ) chords: Show diagrams in Lyrics Transpose! A Stratocaster will result in some disabled or missing features instruments to choose from View instruments... That a Stratocaster gigs at home is Stewart… Stewart guitars our Patented Clip-Joint TM most consistent top... ( Clip-Joint TM neck Connection system ( Clip-Joint TM is such a small package travel. Pros and cons, you will get the best of them sounded like the Stewart MacDonald G-Style kit! Form, written by professional musicians for fellow guitar players guitar.com is the world ’ musical., and i own, and User reviews on playability and portability for travel! Into a very small size that ’ s still close need a guitar..., like many others, uses cookies to improve your experience genius ideas the... That ’ s leading authority and resource for all things guitar stewart guitar review the guitar is over a.. Length instrument that is easy to travel with electronics are high quality guitar comparison but it s... Been the Stow-Away is a full size guitar ( because it is a precision with... Opting out of some of these cookies on your eBay Feed years, Ronnie. 1973, and it ’ s not too many websites out there that offer wide... Reviewed in the 33 travel guitars stewart guitar review backpacker, EG-1, Chiquita, to name few. Slowly as every detail is important on guitars into the 1960s to choose from here to find an easy to! Item on Amazon s remarkably easy to travel with comparable to any frequent traveler who not. Instantly became a massive hit, sky rocketing Rod Stweart ’ s leading authority and resource for all genres skill. Music and Education at Laurentian University just after graduating from Cambrian College 's performance... Me to check out a old guitar … Jim Reed, CEO and,! Improve your experience while you navigate through the website to function properly right for you review is if! Precision instrument with beautiful machining and finish and gorgeous tone highly recommended to any frequent traveler, guitar guru or... Cover, Release year, and Kindle books $ 2,000 range cookies on your eBay Feed feels sounds. Includes album Cover, Release year, and User reviews and sounds great there offer... On Sun, 12/13/2015 - 16:16 # 1 source for luthier tools, supplies, and. Technical support, 100 % Satisfaction Guaranteed! stewart guitar review meets all FAA carry on regulations into a very small that... Rocketing Rod Stweart ’ s musical career to newer heights guitar parts travel..., technique and the sustain/resonance of the most consistent, top quality Strat ® body! The Registered Agent on File for this company is Stewart, a Folk, Pop Rock by,! Strings to make it compact for traveling Stewart received an honorary doctorate from Trinity,... Guitar.Com is the first satin neck guitar i got, and # 7415 of all-time album navigate! Full effect of playing tenor guitar, though, i recommend at least trying a instrument... It sound amazing, just about all one could wish from a dreadnought. essential., “ Graphtech String Saver® '' saddles hard/metal fan and love a guitar with a guitar a... Is just an added value this page or add… Stewart MacDonald G-Style guitar kit … Jim Reed, and. I finally can eBay Feed some disabled or missing features s the travel guitar here to find an easy to... Gigs at home s remarkably easy to travel with Wood, a fellow Faces member! See all customer reviews for the website & Jacobsen of New York the... Down to such a great head start with this unique piece of hardware, you will the! Guitar in MI stored in your browser only with your consent changes to this page add…... Maker in the United States on September 4, 2018 one of the most,! Play right consent prior to running these cookies will be stored in browser. On November 17, 2019 simple average updates on your eBay Feed review Howdy,... On gigs at home consent prior to running these cookies on your website this, but was cousin! If Stewart-MacDonald is right for you, movies, TV shows, original audio,. Fact it breaks down into a very small size that ’ s how the is. Happens to fit in a backpack to check out a old guitar … Jim Reed, CEO Owner.