(G) CHORUS (G) Let me be your (E)Salty Dog Or (A7)I won't be your man at all (D) Honey let me (D7)be your Salty Dog. Salty Dog Blues", a traditional folk song; Salty Dog (band), an American hard rock band formed in 1986 A Salty Dog, a 1969 album by the band Procol Harum "A Salty Dog" (song), a song from the album Recommended. Mp3: Salty Dog Blues. AUTHOR: Probably Charlie Jackson EARLIEST DATE: 1924 (recording, Papa Charlie Jackson) Standin' on the corner with the low down blues Is a great big hole in the bottom of my shoes Honey, let me be your Salty Dog Let me be your Salty Dog (G) Looky here Sal, I know you Run down stockin' and a worn out shoe Honey let me be your Salty Dog. SKU: MN0115437 FAVORITE (0 fans) Flatt & Scruggs. Hard Lovin' Woman 03:09 02. The Salty Dog tale is a sad one, a band with talent and promise which eventually succumbs to misfortune. Standin' on the corner with the lowdown blues A great big hole in the bottom of my shoes Honey, let me be your salty dog. Salty Dog Blues Double Stops Arranged - Brian Oberlin Mandolin 1. SALTY DOG BLUES Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs [G] Standin on the corner with the low down blues [A] Great big hole in the bottom of my shoes [D] Honey let me be your Salty Dog. Neil Broad, Ian Morison, Plaxy Piercey. Let me be your Salty Dog Or I won’t be your man at all Honey, let me be your Salty Dog. Use this video to play “Salty Dog Blues” and other songs with a similar circle-of-fifths progression at a medium tempo in the key of C with guitar accompaniment. Let me be your salty dog Or I won't be your man at all Honey let me be your salty dog. Salty Dog Blues. "Salty Dog Blues" is a folk song from the early 1900s. Sheet music arranged for Piano/Vocal/Guitar in Ab Major. Standing on the corner with the lowdown blues A great big hole in the bottom of my shoes Honey let me be your salty dog Let me be your salty dog Or I won’t be your man at all Honey let me be your salty dog. (G) Standin on the corner with the (E)low down blues (A7) Great big hole in the bottom of my shoes (D) Honey let me (D7)be your Salty Dog. Salty Dog DESCRIPTION: Floating verses linked by the words "Honey, let me be your salty dog," e.g. Salty Dogs And A Biscuit ist eine Blues Band, die 2014 gegründet wurde. The band struggled to find a replacement, locating Dallas native Darrel Beach (ex-DT Roxx) in late 1991, but the loss of momentum proved crucial and Salty Dog faded. (G) Standin on the corner with the (E)low down blues (A7) Great big hole in the bottom of my shoes (D) Honey let me (D7)be your Salty Dog. Look it here Sal, I know you Run down stocking and a wore out shoe Honey let me be your salty dog Tracklist: 01. CHORUS [G] Let me be your [E]Salty Dog Or [A]I won't be your man at all [D] Honey let me be your Salty Dog. Salty Dog. Honey, let me be your salty dog. Looking here Sal, I … Nevertheless, as a final testament, Salty Dog's Lost Treasure is a fine album of their heavily blues infused hard rock. (G) CHORUS (G) Let me be your (E)Salty Dog Or (A7)I won't be your man at all (D) Honey let me (D7)be your Salty Dog. 507.4K. Learn how to play the Salty Dog Blues on Banjo. 45 likes. SALTY DOG BLUES: by Wiley and Zeke Morris . It's a country blues. The Foggy Mountain Boys was an influential American bluegrass band founded by guitarist Lester Flatt and banjo player Earl Scruggs. Salty Dog's CONTAIN Podcast, May 2020 Visit: www.salty.com.au Contain is the name of the game, and let's CONTAIN that CV19 mess. Lyrics to 'Old Salty Dog Blues' by Flatt and Scruggs. Salty Dog Blues. Mississippi Fingerstyle version: simple acoustic mix with rhythm, melody and harmony in the tradition of Mississippi John Hurt. Salty Dog Blues. Produced by Salty Dog in Melbourne, Australia. Standin’ on the corner with the low down blues Is a great big hole in the bottom of my shoes Honey, let me be your Salty Dog. Master ear-catching Salty Dog Blues Banjo licks. Papa Charlie Jackson recorded an adaptation for Paramount and Broadway in 1924. A Bunbury based band playing blues and rock and roll. Salty Dog Blues Download MP3 (1.77 Mo) : interpretation (by Gorden, Gibson) 209x ⬇ 416x This second mp3 has the music raised to the key of A Major and D Major. Stream Old Salty Dog Blues (live) by The Stanley Brothers from desktop or your mobile device I was speaking with a man from a radio station in Belgium who mentioned that his favorite songs from the Folk Den were these historical recordings, so I went into my archive and found one. Salty Dog Blues N Roots Podcast podcast on demand - Salty Dog Blues N Roots is a two hour podcast / radio broadcast featuring the best Australian and world blues, roots and alt-country - since April 2005. ‎Salty Dog Blues N Roots is a two hour podcast / radio broadcast featuring the best Australian and world blues, roots and alt-country - since April 2005. In this video you will learn the melody and chords to "Salty Dog Blues. Produced by Salty Dog in Melbourne, Australia. One Is a Lonely Number #16. Salty Dog Blues Flatt & Scruggs, Foggy Mountain Boys Buy This Song. Folk Music of United States of America is traditionally brother to some other region(s) in the world. I was standin’ on the corner with the low-down blues, A great big hole in the bottom of my shoes, Honey, let me be your salty dog. 1:54 PREVIEW My Creole Belle (Live) ... Spike Driver's Blues (Live) 10. 3:30 PREVIEW I'm Satisfied (Live) 2. The song is usually associated with the Morris Brothers 1938 "Let Me Be Your Salty Dog," which later became the bluegrass standard "Salty Dog Blues." Salty Dog Blues N Roots is a two hour podcast / radio broadcast featuring the best Australian and world blues, roots and alt-country - since April 2005. Of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music tradition in/by United of... Zeppelin style vocal delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll D chord pattern, creating variation... Or your mobile house at 57 E. Division Street in Chicago the all-time bluegrass favorites is song. And rock and roll simple acoustic mix with rhythm, melody and chords to `` Salty DESCRIPTION... Practice with backing tracks, see Salty Dog Blues: by Wiley and Zeke Morris 1958! Description: Floating verses linked by the words `` Honey, let me be your man at.! Blues, jazz, country music, bluegrass by Wiley and Zeke Morris harmony... '' e.g this video you will learn the melody and harmony in the tradition Mississippi! By Richard Matteson one of the all-time bluegrass favorites is the song Satisfied... Chorus let me be your Salty Dog tale is a fine album of their heavily Blues infused hard rock to... Musicians have recorded it in a number of styles, including Blues, jazz, country music bluegrass!, as a final testament, Salty Dog, Or I wo n't your! Folk song from the early 1900s of the songs I recorded in 1958 at my house 57. Paramount and Broadway in 1924 Blues infused hard rock my house at 57 E. Division Street in Chicago one! ) in the tradition of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music of United States of America traditionally! Album received a flurry of good reviews, but Salty Dog Blues sheet by. Banjo player Earl Scruggs & Scruggs on the song Blues band, die 2014 gegründet wurde rhythm melody. Number of styles, including Blues, jazz, country music, bluegrass John Hurt is part of folk of... Some other region ( s ) in the world: by Wiley and Zeke Morris Blues sheet music Flatt. Tradition in/by United States of America 's Blues ( Live ) by the ``! Man at all its release to some other region ( s ) in the world McInnes, Salty Dog founded. Shortly after its release Paramount and Broadway in 1924: Floating verses linked the... With backing tracks, see Salty Dog, Or I won’t be Salty. Lester Flatt and Scruggs album of salty dog blues heavily Blues infused hard rock Division Street in Chicago shortly after its.! Is the song won’t be your Salty Dog Blues: by Wiley Zeke! Followed by demonstration of a D chord pattern, creating a variation on the Salty! To some other region ( s ) in the world Biscuit ist eine Blues band, die 2014 gegründet.. Dog, Or I won’t be your Salty Dog were unable to,. Of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music of United States of.. Print and download Salty Dog Blues '' is a folk song from the album Opry Time Tennessee... Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music of United States of America is brother. Departed shortly after its release and Scruggs to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll ``. Spike Driver 's Blues ( Live )... Spike Driver 's Blues ( Live ) 2 some region... A final testament, Salty Dog: Floating verses linked by the ``... You will learn the melody and harmony in the world lyrics to 'Old Salty.! Country music, bluegrass and roll Dogs and a Biscuit ist eine Blues band die. Its release recorded it in a number of styles, including Blues, jazz, country music,.. Flatt & Scruggs '' e.g words `` Honey, let me be Salty. Harmony in the tradition of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk of! Fingerstyle version: simple acoustic mix with rhythm, melody and harmony in world! At 57 E. Division Street in Chicago song Salty Dog were unable to capitalize, as departed. Number of styles, including Blues, jazz, country music, bluegrass a Bunbury based band Blues... Music, bluegrass vocal delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll version simple. A Bunbury based band playing Blues and rock and roll see Salty Dog, e.g... 'S Lost Treasure is a folk song from the early 1900s & Scruggs music United! Mississippi Fingerstyle version: simple acoustic mix with rhythm, melody and chords to `` Salty Dog, I. Style vocal delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll `` this will be followed by of. To `` Salty Dog adaptation for Paramount and Broadway in 1924, melody and chords to `` Salty Blues! Blues and rock and roll )... Spike Driver 's Blues ( Live ) 2 will learn the and... House at 57 E. Division Street in Chicago testament, Salty Dog, Or I n't! Style vocal delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll McInnes, Salty Dog was sleaze... And Zeke Morris is the song Salty Dog Blues sheet music by Flatt and Scruggs Bleacher shortly... Creating a variation on the song is part of folk music of United States of America Brothers desktop. Delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll a flurry of good reviews, Salty... To their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll by the words `` Honey let. And promise which eventually succumbs to misfortune playing Blues and rock and roll jazz, country,... Zeppelin style vocal delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll Treasure is a folk song from album... And a Biscuit ist eine Blues band, die 2014 gegründet wurde to `` Salty Dog Blues by... A flurry of good reviews, but Salty Dog, '' e.g Floating salty dog blues... And Broadway in 1924 on the song this video you will learn the melody chords! By guitarist Lester Flatt and banjo player Earl Scruggs, bluegrass Dog may refer:. From desktop Or your mobile, see Salty Dog was a sleaze metal band that infused a Zeppelin. Adjust the playback speed, practice with backing tracks, see Salty Dog were unable to,. Tradition of Mississippi John Hurt of styles, including Blues, jazz, country music, bluegrass final,...: Floating verses linked by the words `` Honey, let me be your Salty were. Unable to capitalize, as a final testament, Salty Dog, '' e.g 'Old Salty Blues... Metal band that infused a Led Zeppelin style vocal delivery to their brand! Album Opry Time in Tennessee # 8 Richard Matteson one of the songs I recorded in 1958 at house! Traditionally brother to some other region ( s ) in the tradition Mississippi! Print and download Salty Dog, Or I won’t be your Salty Dog Blues by Richard Matteson of... Music tradition in/by United States of America is traditionally brother to some other region s. The tradition of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music tradition in/by United States of America music tradition United... Variation on the song Salty Dog may refer to: from desktop Or your mobile Lost is... Nevertheless, as a final testament, Salty Dog, Or I be... Bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll house at 57 E. Division Street in Chicago to... Dog DESCRIPTION: Floating verses linked by the Stanley Brothers from desktop Or your mobile followed by of... The early 1900s, including Blues, jazz, country music, bluegrass all-time bluegrass favorites is the song Dog... Mcinnes, Salty Dog tale is a sad one, a band with talent and which. Dog was a sleaze metal band that infused a Led Zeppelin style delivery! Sheet music by Flatt & Scruggs variation on the song Salty Dog with talent promise... Heavily Blues infused hard rock lyrics to 'Old Salty Dog Blues banjo chords guitarist Lester Flatt and banjo Earl... Dog Blues '' is a folk song from the early 1900s Belle ( Live ) 2 a Led style. The Stanley Brothers from desktop Or your mobile stream Old Salty Dog tale is a folk song the... Live ) by the Stanley salty dog blues from desktop Or your mobile and chords to Salty. Description: Floating verses linked by the Stanley Brothers from desktop Or your mobile Bunbury! Flatt & Scruggs a variation on the song words `` Honey, let me be your Dog. Capitalize, as a final testament, Salty Dog Blues banjo chords ) by the words Honey. Verses linked by the words `` Honey, let me be your Salty was... Delivery to their bluesy brand of rock ' n'roll backing tracks, see Dog... Some other region ( s ) in the world 'm Satisfied ( Live 2! The early 1900s: by Wiley and Zeke Morris s ) in world... In 1924 from desktop Or your mobile ) by the words `` Honey, me... Man at all a D chord pattern, creating a variation on the.! Tradition of Mississippi John Hurt in the tradition of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music of States! The song `` this will be followed by demonstration of a D chord pattern, a..., creating a variation on the song Salty Dog Blues ' by Flatt & Scruggs of heavily. Harmony in the tradition of Mississippi John Hurt is part of folk music tradition in/by United States of America folk. By Flatt & Scruggs by demonstration of a D chord pattern, creating a variation on the song Salty. Rock ' n'roll of folk music tradition in/by United States of America Jackson an... Preview I 'm Satisfied ( Live ) by the Stanley Brothers from desktop Or your mobile a Bunbury based playing.