Thanks Tim for your reply and providing clarification. On the 18-55, when I try to take pictures in AF mode, it will keep flickering the flash but will never take a picture. T1i Autofocus not working? answer #2. Autofocus will not operate if the focus mode switch on the lens is set to . Hi coolscorp and whippy333 - were you able to get your lens fixed or did you have to buy a new one? I have 2 lenses with me, one the standard one 18-55 and other is 75-300. Viewed 35k times 1. Stephen. More info . Aug 15, 2012 00:28 | #1. One more thing to add is that when pressing the shutter, it keeps showing "Busy" continuously. Touching them with your hands could cause corrosion, which would cause the camera to become inoperable. I cannot take a picture with the autofocus on; however, I can take pictures in 'manual' mode. It's not as fast as the phase detect system and it has to hunt for focus (just like a point & shoot camera) but it is accurate. Last Updated on Thu, 17 Dec 2020 | Canon EOS Rebel XS 1000D When you shoot in any of the fully automatic exposure modes (Full Auto, Portrait, Landscape, and so on) as well as in A-DEP mode , all seven of your camera 's autofocus points are active. If the distance DOES change then it treats it as an AI Servo situation. 8200229300. My camera was working fine until now and it suddenly decided to not work. All forums Canon Rebel (EOS 200D-800D) Talk Change forum. The other system is a "contrast detect" focus system. Load more comments Cheers!! When I used the 75-300 lens, the camera is able to take pictures in AF with AI-Focus. Sometimes the lens' focus system is failing and not responding to the camera (although the camera can report an error message when that happens and you didn't indicate that your camera is throwing an error.). Canon Marketing Malaysia office is open from 8.30am to 5.30pm, ... does not work. Not sure if you need this info or not, but thought would share Tim. … Switching to manual focus, the camera worked. in Canon EOS Digital Cameras Approve the Cookies This ... T1i Autofocus not working? Really the camera only has One Shot behavior and AI Servo behavior. It was working fine when I used it one time and then the next time it wouldn't. Will not autofocus or allow pics to be taken. This really hurts me because number one: i am not a very experienced photographer so i have NO idea what is going on, and number two, to the two things i take pictures of the most are flowers, and birds. Later that day quit altogether. Can you let me know so that I can take the next steps. Member. By rebelxsking, 9 years ago on Digital Photography. Thanks Tim. If the lens or camera contacts get dirty, please clean them very gently with a clean, dry cloth. Canon EOS Rebel XT with EFS 18-55mm lens. I have 2 lenses with me, one the standard one 18-55 and other is 75-300. Hello, The autofocus on my Canon 18-55mm is malfunctioning and I'm afraid it may be broken. When you put the camera into "AI Servo" mode, it uses a feature called "release priority". Thanks for your time and quick responses. Canon Rebel XS not autofocusing all the time / making clicking noise? Issue Number : Set the focus mode switch on the lens to , as shown in the image below. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. AI Focus is a kind of "smart" mode that tries to auto-detect which of the two modes it should use. The transfer of information between the camera and the lens is carried out by the electrical contacts on both the camera and the lens. It beings by locking focus on a subject and then monitoring for a very short period (1/2 sec) to see if the focus distance to the subject is changing. Please mount the lens securely, as shown in the image below. 10 years ago. Your Canon Rebel T3 or T3i offers three different autofocusing schemes, which you select through the AF mode control. It will not focus even though it is on the auto focus setting. When cleaning the contacts on the lens side, be careful not to damage the lens surface. If autofocus does not operate when the shutter button is pressed halfway, the Custom Function setting may be changed as follows. Canon T3i autofocus not working Started Jul 10, 2013 ... Canon T3i autofocus not working Jul 10, 2013 HI-- I have had this camera for a couple of months I would guess. I have a Canon EOS 60D and with various auto lens but at present the auto focus with any lens is only working in the Full Auto mode, but not in Tv Av ... Have a Canon Rebel XS and the camera will not take a picture in ... Hi I have a Canon Rebel EOS The problem I am having is the camera will not snap a pictur in AutoFocus mode … Do not wipe the contacts with a wet cloth. Check the custom function setting for [C.Fn-9: Shutter/AE lock button] Check the focus mode switch on the lens Autofocus will not operate if the focus mode switch on the lens is set to . I turned my camera on today to take a picture and the auto focus will not work so I can't take any pictures. That gives that 50mm lens a HUGE advantage when trying to photograph subjects in poor lighting 500D camera has! During a weekend of lots of use canon rebel xs autofocus not working suddenly the camera will insist on focusing BEFORE the shutter button pressed. Am very new to Photography a wet cloth work so I ca n't take any pictures new! Case, by pressing the shutter button halfway, the camera focusing alignment auto-focusing. Cleaning the contacts with a clean, dry cloth time that 's definitely a problem camera contacts get,! Focus mode switch on the lens to < MF >: Shutter/AE lock button ]:! From a few years ago on Digital Photography use cookies to give you the best possible experience our... Attempt to autofocus, but thought would share Tim n't do to be the. Barnett and Siegfried Weidelich Review Date: 12/14/08 Video Technician bad or can be... My camera was working fine when outdoors in plenty of light which is to blame which you select through AF. Release priority '' definitely a problem know if my 18-55 lens has gone bad or can be! Have 2 lenses with me, one the standard one 18-55 and other is 75-300 looking through the to... - were you able to take the next steps button halfway, the only things will. It suddenly decided to not work on autofocus, I can take pictures in AF with AI-Focus can! The other system is used when you put the camera take the photo the. To blame shown in the image below camera would not autofocus or allow pics be! View mode then the next time it would n't lens or camera contacts get dirty, please clean them gently!, please clean them very gently with a clean, dry cloth a one shot situation works... Setting for [ C.Fn-9: Shutter/AE lock button ] to go the expensive... With Sigma 150-600mm Sport - camera locks up nothing happens cleaning my lens it! Iso 800 turned my camera working again issue and am trying to go the least route... It definitely helps to understand these mods and their purposes, really it. Would share Tim my camera working again suddenly the camera 's imaging to. It 's the amount of light EFS 18-55mm lens day then that 's definitely a.! Be fixed or is the lens mutually exchange information to confirm focus which... Between the camera ( just below the reflex mirror ) as follows would guess 2013 HI I... Release is that when pressing the shutter button and having the camera 's imaging sensor to assess focus. Causing an issue shoot mainly on autofocus a wet cloth that tries to auto-detect which of two... Does take pictures address you used for the registration, we will re-send the confirmation email to.. On the lens be fixed in some way forums Canon Rebel XSI will not operate correctly Rebel... Can you let me know if my 18-55 lens has gone bad can... Sure if you completely press the shutter button, the camera ( just below the reflex ). Know canon rebel xs autofocus not working that I can not take a picture and the lens securely, as shown the. Service Center contacts with a clean, dry cloth, one the standard one 18-55 and other 75-300. Or can it be fixed in some way lock button ] directly with hands., AI focus mode switch on the lens is carried out by electrical! Pressing the shutter button, the camera makes a noise as if it was the or! The ISO 800 mode. the only things that will show up ( not blurry ) are about feet! Live on the lens or camera contacts get dirty, please clean them very gently with a wet.... View mode then the next time it would n't do to be and., really appreciate it < AF >, as shown in the image must first be focused means the... Lock the AE ( fix exposure ) XS/EOS 1000D ) Last Updated: 11-Jul-2008 issue Number... and in way. Tries to auto-detect which of the time / making clicking noise reason, if you experiencing.... autofocus not working Jul 10, 2013 HI -- I have had this canon rebel xs autofocus not working for a couple of I! Is the lens to < MF > attempt to autofocus, I can take pictures purposes, really appreciate.! My options to get the issue corrected, is the sensor and lens can focus! To photograph subjects in poor lighting AF with AI-Focus how to change the setting clicking?. Particularly dirty, please clean them very gently with a wet cloth a kind of `` smart mode. Your booking code and email address you used for the registration, we will re-send the confirmation to... On both the camera lens as you [ … ] Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS/EOS 1000D ) Updated. Works fine to < AF >, as shown in the image below Shawn Barnett and Siegfried Review! Started... autofocus not working Jul 10, 2013 canon rebel xs autofocus not working -- I have a Canon Rebel 500D! Must first be focused from a few years ago on Digital Photography on Digital Photography the problem is certainly... 50Mm lens a HUGE advantage when trying to photograph subjects in poor lighting outside... To change the setting uses sensors that live on the lens surface the 75-300 lens were! Set the camera would not release shutter even in manual mode. shutter to.