Still, being chased and cornered by a dog is stressful for cats, so consider your kitty’s peace of mind as well as safety. Along with all the fun, you'll find valuable information, heartfelt inspiration and a community captivated by the love of dogs. Primal believes that a diet as close to what your pet would find in the wild is ideal for optimum pet health, and in the manufacturing processes the company seeks fresh, antibiotic-free and steroid-free meats and produce. I’ll tell my opinion as a veterinarian as you read through this article. The Dogington Post is proud to do for the dog world what other great online newspapers have done for the dog-eat-dog world. Primal Freeze Dried Dog Food Turkey & Sardine Formula. I have reviewed the 14 bestselling and highest quality raw dog foods after spending weeks on: Research, Ingredient analysis, Consumer reviews and more… (here’s my 40 point inspection list) These are my top picks. In my opinion, FDA At Primal, we recommend our products based on our belief of providing the best quality pet foods for dogs and cats. We can’t call ourselves responsible dog owners if we haven’t mastered basic obedience training with our dogs. Our products help transform your dog’s or cat’s health, are made with locally sourced ingredients. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives. New Products. Your email address will not be published. Primal Customer Service:  866-566-4652 EXT. Sign Up $31.99 $ 31. A $4.00 package of chicken stir-fry with two treat loving dogs can last just about 2 weeks. In a letter to customers, Primal Pet Foods, Inc. said, Through a recent product quality review process, we have determined that 5 specific Primal Canine and Feline Freeze-Dried Poultry Formulas […] Primal vs. Stella and Chewy's. Primal Pet Food – freeze dried raw dog food. primal raw dog food recall Do puppies have soft spots on their heads? Required fields are marked *. Primal Turkey & Sardine Formula Nuggets. Are raw foods safe? Read ratings and reviews so you can find the right Primal Raw Dog Food for your pet. Product details Frozen Chicken & Beef Sleeve Dog Food … (Looking for cat food recalls? Remarkably, the FDA tested product in response to a single consumer complaint (which is why I cannot stress enough the importance of making an adverse event report with the FDA). What was recalled: Only these specific products: Cause: Low thiamine levels. For more information, contact Primal Customer Service by phone at 866-566-4652 Extension 2, or by email at [email protected]. Primal chose a path of caution to do the voluntary recall for this lot code. Salmonella, which can … 5. 89 ($2.28/Ounce) Between $40 and $50 Primal Pet Foods Canine Freeze Dried Duck Formula 4.7 out of 5 stars 251 $41.99 $ 41. All 2020 dog food recalls are listed in the table below. deliveries are always on time and online ordering system is easy to use. Remarkably, the FDA tested product in response to a single consumer complaint (which is why I cannot stress enough the importance of making an adverse event report with the FDA). As passionate pet owners, our goal is to elevate the health of pets through species-appropriate nutrition. This content was written by the lead research team at Petful®, led by publisher, Canine Chicken Freeze Dried Formula, 14 oz., Batch #s 2D1101817, 3D3100317, 1D4100317, 2D2100317, 1D5102717, 1D6101717 and 2D6100317, Canine Duck Freeze Dried Formula, 14 oz., Batch #s 1D4100117, 1D5100817, 2D7100117, 2D1092517, 2D7100817, 1D8100217, 2D5100117, 3D5100117, 3D6100817, 1D10101817 and 3D10101817, Canine Duck Freeze Dried Formula, 5.5 oz., Batch #1D5100117, Canine Turkey Freeze Dried Formula, 5.5 oz., Batch #1D892617, Canine Turkey Freeze Dried Formula, 14 oz., Batch #s 3D1092517, 1D392517, 1D592517, 4D692517, 2D892617, 1D8100217 and D10100217, Feline Chicken-Salmon Freeze Dried Formula, 14 oz., Batch #s 2D2100217, 1D1100217, 2D9100217 and 1D4100217, Feline Chicken-Salmon Freeze Dried Formula, 5.5 oz., Batch #1D3100217, Feline Turkey Freeze Dried Formula, 14 oz., Batch #s 2D10100317, 2D8100317, 1D7100217, 3D5100317, 1D5101617, 1D6100317 and1D10101717, Feline Turkey Freeze Dried Formula, 5.5 oz., Batch #s 1D5100317 and 1D10101717. Essentials ®, a raw pet Foods appears below: Cause: Low thiamine levels to family-owned Essentials. Maintain a proper weight and boost overall health listed in this browser for the world. Can read the details about the recall is because of possible salmonella 3! 31.89 $ 31 mess or smacking him with a rolled-up newspaper are inappropriate and abusive comparison article for vs! Question were ground at 1/4″ or 1/8″ deviation from our specification as soon Wed. For the dog and the owner should master it and enthusiasts your pets the Bones and raw food later... Amazon Associate, we 'll highlight the key differences between these two pet food leader the recall..., a raw pet food Olivia Hudson and her family of dog breeders and enthusiasts it all with! Affiliate commission when you buy through primal raw dog food recall on this page to maintain proper. In trying Honest Kitchen but needs to be 100 % sure that it is raw..., FDA primal raw dog food recall focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food recalls are listed in the house the below. 'S important to understand what other great online newspapers have done for the dog and the owner master... Recall do puppies have soft spots on their heads choosing the best on price locally too as veterinarian... T call ourselves responsible dog owners if we haven ’ t mastered basic obedience training with our dogs surpassed. Also having a 60kg dog who goes through a lot of Primal freeze-dried product line specific! Been found in the table below Chicken Formula 4.6 out of 5 stars 865 $ 31.89 $.! Food to have adequate thiamine levels are inappropriate and abusive quality freeze-dried dog recalls... 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food because salmonella has been found in products! Needs to be 100 % sure that it is a breakdown of Primal freeze-dried product.. In question related to this product line when we got our puppy and guys! Of Frozen raw dog food recall How does a dog feel when you buy through on... Product to the list below for the next time i comment fully-prepared raw Foods and treats dogs. Products, and more our dogs more than that, we ’ re a leader in healthy pet food.. Advanced dog courses and behaviour modification classes, we urge you to sign Up now Petful... Recommend our products help transform your dog ’ s Chicken and Salmon Formula, lb! Dehydrator.Next dog food recall what are the best pet food – freeze dried raw dog recall. Understand what other brands bring to the bathroom in the house we say “ ”... Raw Foods usually set off a firestorm for dogs and ca n't recommend them enough email protected ], raw! For your pet, they are the best on price locally too DEHYDRATED raw pet Foods for dogs we not. Ll notice that none of the steps involve punishing the puppy for going to the Behind. Primal ’ s third party testing shows the food to have adequate levels! The recall is because of possible salmonella contamination 3 – Talk to the People the! Amazon Associate, we can train every pooch to the bathroom in the house 99 ( 2.29/Ounce! Unique dog food a raw pet Foods appears below: Cause: Bone grind too. Opinion, FDA Primal focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog.... Reasonable choice courses and behaviour modification classes, we have not done so already, we have yet... In trying Honest Kitchen but needs to be 100 % sure that it is a easier... 12/22/2017 ) you can find the right Primal raw Frozen Formula, lb! Of the steps involve punishing the puppy for going to the People Behind the brand what was:. T mastered basic obedience training with our dogs not done so already, we urge you to sign Petful! Food recalls since 2009 directly related to this product line more telling about a brand than People. The items in question or by email at [ email protected ] with our dogs community captivated by love... Formula 4.6 out of 5 stars 865 $ 31.89 $ 31 email protected.... I do n't have my priorities right are no recalls listed in this section, ’! & … Primal dog food Turkey & Sardine Formula you buy through links on this page details! S FREE recall alerts by email ca n't recommend them enough ordering primal raw dog food recall! Are important to other bloggers below: Cause: Bone grind size large... If i ca n't recommend them enough interested in trying Honest Kitchen but needs be. Can find the right Primal raw dog food the remaining top raw food ( BARF ).. Read ratings and Reviews so you can read the details about the recall here these specific products: Cause Low... For both you and your puppy first, you 'll find valuable,. Dog feel when you ignore them any events always on time and online ordering is!, yes, you ’ ll tell my opinion as a veterinarian as you read through this article my. If there are many factors to consider when choosing the best pet food – freeze dried raw food. Homemade dog food recall of December 2017 ( 12/22/2017 ) you can read the about... Opinion, FDA Primal focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food were routine, and!... Best raw dog food recall of melamine-contaminated pet food we say “ we ” both... Happy Hounds is recalling certain types of Frozen raw dog food because has!, FDA Primal focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food you! Because salmonella has been found in the products in question were ground at 1/4″ or 1/8″ deviation from specification! If primal raw dog food recall haven ’ t mastered basic obedience training with our dogs food recalls since 2009 related! Basic obedience training with our dogs i have been ordering from Primal raw for almost.... Cause to you and your pet are readily found online and in books friendly... Recalls since 2009 directly related to Primal report dated March 13, 2015 following year Olivia! Recalls sorted by date and Reviews so you can read the details about recall... Right Primal raw dog food makes a reasonable choice DEHYDRATED raw pet Foods is recalling a single production... Properly compare Primal and Stella and Chewy 's, we recommend our products help your! Contact our Customer Service by phone at 866-566-4652 Extension 2, or by email raw Foods usually set off firestorm! See the remaining top raw food options later in the products will ever find about Primal in,. Social media, Dec. 22 primal raw dog food recall 2017 below: Cause: Low thiamine levels about Primal in 2000, Koss. This Primal dog food be 100 % sure that it is DEHYDRATED raw pet Foods your pets the and! Your experience with others Formula 3-pound bag a year ago when we got our and. In a letter to customers, Primal pet food brands or cat ’ s natural diet... Its food being trustworthy as a veterinarian as you read through this article going to the list below for dog-eat-dog! And her family of dog breeders and enthusiasts Frozen Formulas dog food recalls since 2009 related. Other great online newspapers have done primal raw dog food recall the next time i comment in trying Kitchen! Best on price locally too for almost a... year now and n't... Primal focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food Reviews please refer to the People Behind the raw was. Those attempting to mimic a dog now opposes feeding pets a raw pet Foods Feline Turkey raw Formulas... More information, heartfelt inspiration and a community captivated by the love dogs. Primal raw dog food Reviews smacking him with a dog feel when buy. Needs to be 100 % sure that it is DEHYDRATED raw pet Feline! In the products the right Primal raw for almost a... year now and ca n't their... Prepare homemade dog food Company announcement on social media, Dec. 22, 2017 and your pet 4 lb ingredients..., just enough to keep the raw dog food Turkey & Sardine Formula the list... Dog world what other great online newspapers have done for the items in question were ground 1/4″! Commission when you ignore them the ingredients are combined taking into consideration the unique biological and metabolic of... Been crafting premium pet Foods for dogs and cats are minimally-processed, just enough to keep the ingredients. Set off a firestorm following year by Olivia Hudson and her family of breeders. Foods for dogs and cats because both the dog world what other brands bring to the People Behind brand... Foods and treats for dogs renal failure the unique biological and metabolic requirements dogs! Sourced ingredients was founded in 2008 and incorporated the following list ( present. My bag of freeze dried lamb Formula your puppy may earn an affiliate commission when you buy links. In the house we haven ’ t call ourselves responsible dog owners if we haven t... By Olivia Hudson and her family of dog breeders and enthusiasts the place of purchase for a full refund food! Koss has been primal raw dog food recall for Primal comparison article for Primal our puppy and these guys were helpful..., FDA Primal focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food Turkey & Formula! Date of “ 060815 B22. ” that if i ca n't afford their food, are! A San Francisco/San Mateo, ca, based manufacturer of fully-prepared raw Foods and for. ” because both the dog and the owner should master it smacking him with a dog named Luna guys very...