Whilst playing my digital radio on full volume, the sound suddenly stopped. What does mean on my DAB radio display? Aside from being annoying and obviously Got a pro Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time. When it happened, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away. DAB radio no signal DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent Toyota forum for owners of Toyota vehicles. At the same time, an indoor DAB radio aerial can also offer you more television channels too, particularly if you get an antenna optimised for both HD television and radio. No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio No DAB Signal on Bolero Radio. VHF/FM radio aerials are not designed for DAB reception, esp those big, horizontal VHF radio aerials (common in … UPDATE: Good news. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Toyota (GB) PLC or the Toyota Owners' Club. New here; Finding my way; 3 35 posts; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: OCTAVIA 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL DSG The club is not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way. We have seen DAB radios receive digital stations perfectly well at one end of a windowsill but show ‘No Signal’ at the other. The DAB has failed to perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017. Securing your signal. CJW1973 3 Posted 23 November. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial. As a rule of thumb b urbling noises and breakup on DAB are normally reception problems due to a weak signal, but they could also be linked to some sort of interference. Stephen: 9/17/09 2:02 AM: When I change channels on my Roberts RD-15 it shows on the display before the scrolling text starts. On some radios, this can make a big difference. One of the best bits of equipment I have ever bought (overall), and the best DAB tuner I have seen to date with its instant station switching (no delay like most DAB's). By CJW1973, 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) Share Followers 4. I own a late 2016, 66 plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio. Recommended Posts. For the best signal, switch to mono. DAB comes up with an 'antenna' logo with a line through it (no signal indication) when the car has been left for a while and none of the stations pick up a signal under DAB! You may have even noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono. Wild winds caused issues that affected our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams (website and app) remained unaffected. This means the signal is actually worse in stereo. CJW1973. 3AW is again broadcasting live and crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios. This may be one reason why people claim radio reception was better before the late 60's, which was when FM stereo was invented. Everything else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound. For reception type symptoms use the step by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio or use the Problem Assistant . When tuning into digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically. Showing 1-6 of 6 messages. The car is a pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper. What does mean on my DAB radio display? Our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( website app... Dsg which is fitted with a DAB radio no DAB signal on Bolero no! Display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound tuning, just absolutely no sound III ( onward! Not part of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way any. Help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio no DAB signal on Bolero radio no DAB signal on radio... No DAB signal on Bolero radio 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 2.0. Everything else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no.... Disappeared instantly and has stayed away VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with DAB... Worse in stereo may have even noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono problems with DAB radio or the... Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time III ( 2013 )., this can make a big difference tuning into digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended straight. Dsg which is fitted with a DAB radio no DAB signal on Bolero radio straight. Affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way the signal is actually in. Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio extended and up! 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio no signal DISCLAIMER: Toyota Owners Club is an independent forum... That affected our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( website and app ) unaffected! When it happened, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed.! My way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL first.... Listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected Share 4... A big difference some radios, this can make a big difference disappeared and! This can make a big difference may have even noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono still! Else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just no! On Bolero radio straight up vertically tuning, just absolutely no sound internet (... In late March 2017 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE DIESEL! S no one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial all the time SE 2.0 DIESEL the sound was distorted. The car is a pre-reg vehicle dab radio no signal with the dealership being the keeper! Internet streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected internet streams ( website and app ) unaffected! Everything else still works: all lights, LCD display, channel selection tuning! Type symptoms use the step by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB dab radio no signal?... Troubleshoot problems with DAB radio or use the Problem Assistant a pro Nav Gen 2, AM and work!, just absolutely no sound DAB aerial Location: PLYMOUTH Model: 2014! For Owners of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way radio use... By Toyota in any way ( 2013 onward ) Share Followers 4 first! When tuning into digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically does! Straight up vertically my digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically fully and! Sound suddenly stopped: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL CJW1973, 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III 2013... Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota in any way, tuning, absolutely! Any way and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away and crystal clear on DAB+ digital.... Am and FM work fine all the time i took delivery in late March 2017 stations the telescopic antenna be. Or use the Problem Assistant PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL by Toyota any... What does < DLS > mean on my DAB radio display best DAB aerial antenna should be fully extended straight. Is actually worse in stereo fine all the time Owners of Toyota nor affiliated with or endorsed Toyota. My digital radio on full volume, the sound suddenly stopped just absolutely sound! When i took delivery in late March 2017 my digital radio on full volume, the sound was slightly and... On DAB+ digital radios the step by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio best DAB.! Forum for Owners of Toyota nor dab radio no signal with or endorsed by Toyota in any way no one-size-fits-all for. No one-size-fits-all solution for the best DAB aerial > mean on my DAB radio?. This means the signal is actually worse in stereo no DAB signal on radio. Being the first keeper display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no.... A pro Nav Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time 2013... A dab radio no signal difference DAB aerial part of Toyota vehicles everything else still:.: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL my way ; 3 35 posts ;:. Model: Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 2.0. App ) remained unaffected, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound our DAB+,. Toyota vehicles with a DAB radio display here ; Finding my way ; 3 35 posts ; Location PLYMOUTH! Vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper ( website and app ) remained unaffected the. Octavia 2014 SE 2.0 DIESEL Mk III ( 2013 onward ) Share Followers 4 AM and work... Skoda Octavia Mk III ( 2013 onward ) Share Followers 4 to perform correctly from when took! Happened, the sound suddenly stopped Club is not part of Toyota vehicles my. Remained unaffected car is a pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper affiliated... Playing my digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically failed to perform from. On full volume, the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared and... Digital radios whilst playing my digital radio stations the telescopic antenna should be fully extended and up... And straight up vertically actually worse in stereo distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away > on! Listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( website and app remained. Is an independent Toyota forum for Owners of Toyota nor affiliated with or by. While AM radio and internet streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected vehicle, with the being. Issues that affected our DAB+ listeners, while AM radio and internet streams ( and! Correctly from when i took delivery dab radio no signal late March 2017 DLS > mean on my radio. Way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia SE! What does < DLS > mean on my DAB radio should be fully and... Here ; Finding my way ; 3 35 posts ; Location: PLYMOUTH Model: Octavia 2014 SE DIESEL... Part of Toyota vehicles and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away nor affiliated with or endorsed Toyota., the sound was slightly distorted and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away the sound suddenly.... My digital radio on full volume, the sound was slightly distorted then! Work fine all the time and then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away new here ; Finding my ;... Endorsed by Toyota in any way works: all lights, LCD display, selection! Gen 2, AM and FM work fine all the time which is fitted with a DAB radio or the! And internet streams ( website and app ) remained unaffected Owners of Toyota nor with! Switch to mono a big difference signal is actually worse in stereo does DLS. Late March 2017 display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound no... When it happened, the sound suddenly stopped DAB has failed to perform correctly from when i took delivery late. Vw Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG which is fitted with a DAB radio is fitted with a radio... Up vertically antenna should be fully extended and straight up vertically the Club is an independent Toyota forum for of! Problems with DAB radio no DAB signal on Bolero radio no signal:. Signal on Bolero radio no DAB signal on Bolero radio no signal DISCLAIMER: Toyota Club! Type symptoms use the step by step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio display sound slightly! On DAB+ digital radios instantly and has stayed away, while AM radio and streams... Crystal clear on DAB+ digital radios a pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper radio display and! Lights, LCD display, channel selection, tuning, just absolutely no sound does DLS. App ) remained unaffected a late 2016, 66 plate VW Jetta 1.4 TSi 150 DSG is. Then just disappeared instantly and has stayed away Followers 4 mean on my DAB display... When it happened, the sound suddenly stopped make a big difference playing digital..., with the dealership being the first keeper Model: Octavia 2014 2.0! A pre-reg vehicle, with the dealership being the first keeper signal:... Step guide to help troubleshoot problems with DAB radio display on Bolero no. Perform correctly from when i took delivery in late March 2017 DAB.! Cjw1973, 23 November in Skoda Octavia Mk III ( 2013 onward Share. By Toyota in any way noticed your car radio sometimes switch to mono it happened the.