The overall landscape is also awesome because there are places of woods, hills, grassy flats, big trees, flowery trees, and flowers in general along the street and people's yards. I mean it's an urban suburb of Philly so you get the benefit of city living without the crime, loud music, and congestion. There is definitely a lack of diversity and the houses aren't cheap, nor are the property taxes. Schools include Sweet Apple Elementary, Mountain Park Elementary, Fulton Sunshine Center, and … It is close to the city of Philadelphia, but not too close. There has been alot of questions about the best school districts in suburban Philadelphia. We threw a lot of criteria at this one in order to get the best, most complete results possible: I have lived and grown up in Doylestown my entire life, it has been great to me! However, the old houses are beautiful. Livestrong.com consistently rates Roswell as one of the best Atlanta suburbs to live in and raise kids. Masterman, at No. Explore the suburbs with the best public schools based on state test scores, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, and student and parent reviews. However, a quick trip into the neighboring Media or the city, and this solves the problem. Most students drive around with friends and go out to eat for fun. The schools in the area are like renowned and Philly is a 2 minute drive down the street where you have access to some of the best hospitals in the Nation. It's not very noisy around here either, and we have one of the best high schools in Pennsylvania in our county. The children's hospital of Philadelphia is 15 minutes away. In general, Southeastern PA (suburbs of Philadelphia) is the place to look. Nether Providence may be small, but almost everyone knows everyone. People are friendly, there are kids out playing, lots of parks.Read 28 Reviews, Current Resident: I love Warwick Township. For working parents, Yarraville offers great accessibility to the city and a number of schools … It depends on how far you want to be from the city also depends on what your priorities are - schools, dining, proximity to Philly downtown, proximity to public transportation. Check out the Waterwheel Tavern if you are ever in Doylestown! The schools are great, the housing developments are beautiful, and the people are generally nice. It draws your eye and automatically makes the place brighter and happier especially in the summer. It represents the highest combined verbal + math scores above proficiency in the districts high schools which is usually a fair barometer of the overall school district. Outstanding schools, but if you want more diversity for your child consider Kennett Square or West Chester. Best Inner-Melbourne suburbs for schools Yarraville. Blue Bell, PA 3. Schools: All Public News also compiles a list of the nation's best schools for STEM education — science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The one thing I would want to change about Berwyn is its diversity and its cluelessness to the struggle of the rest of the world. Chester County is home to seven of the 40 Top-Rated Public High Schools in Philadelphia and the Suburbs, according to a recently published list by Philadelphia magazine. Chadds Ford is a lovely location and rich with history. Schools 6 Montco High Schools Ranked Top In The Suburbs By Philly Mag Montgomery County has six of the best high schools in the Delaware Valley, according to a newly published list. Absolutely beautiful, bucolic, and wide open. The Pennsylvania schools sending the most students were primarily located in Philadelphia’s suburbs, and they were mostly private or charter schools. The schools in the area are like renowned and Philly is a 2 minute drive down the street where you have access to some of the best hospitals in the Nation. Haddonfield: wonderful walkable community, diverse downtown dining and retail, beautiful wooded trails, unique homes of all sizes, lots of children, great schools, a 5-10 min drive to most local stores/grocery stores, excellent library system/programs, and easy access via Patco into the city. It is free and quick. Browse best elementary, middle, and high schools private and public schools by grade level in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA). There's at least one or two carnivals that happen every year in the summer, lots of fun bike rides, and it's overall a very fun and nice comfy atmosphere to live in. I love living in Penn Wynne, Pennsylvania. Rounding out the top five were two government schools (Suzanne Cory High School and Williamstown High School), while Westbourne Grammar School was from the independent sector. I mean it's an urban suburb of Philly so you get the benefit of city living without the crime, loud music, and congestion. Neighboring towns include everything from restaurants to shops to nightlife. It is THE high school that offers science, technology, engineering and math focus. Julia R. Masterman Secondary School; Downingtown STEM Academy; Charter School of Wilmington; Radnor … Before you start looking at what suburbs are best for your family, start looking at the suburbs with top schools using Edu Suburb Rating. I see Radnor police all the time especially near the schools. I have lived in Berwyn my whole life and I have always felt safe, loved, and supported by my neighbors. In general, Southeastern PA (suburbs of Philadelphia) is the place to look. It is so cute and full of life, I highly recommend a visit!Read 40 Reviews, Current Resident: Understand zip code and mailing address. Many of my friends live here, and I have met many kind people from all over Penn Wynne. It also notes that Roswell schools consistently rank scores of 8 to 10 by Great Schools. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best High Schools in West Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. It's a very small town with many shops, businesses, and nice neighborhoods. There aren't many huge attractions in Nether Providence, however, there are still many opportunities to have fun. 500k+ and rent median about $1600. Best Philadelphia schools listed by Philadelphia school districts. There is an abundance of shopping and restaurant options littered throughout downtown and the surrounding area. Overall it's a very pleasant place to live. It ranked 46th in the publication's 2016 list of best high schools.U.S. I see Radnor police all the time especially near the schools. But overall, I am blessed to have grown up here. There is definitely a lack of diversity and the houses aren't cheap, nor are the property taxes. I could see this area being somewhat better, but honestly couldn't really imagine how it could get that much better. The Pocopson post office (and therefore zip) does not deliver mail. 500k+ and rent median about $1600. It is close to the city of Philadelphia, but not too close. There are several small parks and some historical sites. With this in mind, we’ve done some research to uncover some of the suburbs around the country that lay claim to having the best primary schools. The following table lists the suburbs and neighbouring suburbs with the best secondary schools in Sydney in 2019.It's sorted by the average position of the schools within a postcode in terms of academic results. Browse best elementary, middle, and high schools private and public schools by grade level in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PA). Paarl, Stellenbosch and Worcester boasts excellent schools such as Paarl Boys’, Paarl Girls’, Paarl Gymnasium, La Rochelle and Boland Landbouskool. Also most families are very money driven and invest it back in themselves. (P.S. Central Bucks School District provides schools from K-12, offering quality education and plenty of extra-curricular opportunities. We lucked out and found a 1 bedroom for $1200 utilities included. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. The Philadelphia Archdiocese on July 29 announced a hybrid opening for its Catholic high schools across the Philadelphia region that includes some … Penn Wynne has a small town feeling with all of the benefits of living minutes away from Philadelphia. New Hope-Solebury, Conestoga, Unionville, Radnor, Strath Haven, Lower Moreland and Great Valley High Schools were all in the top 10.In New Jersey, the top local school is Moorestown High, at 51. Elsewhere in Newtown Square, homes in Greene Countrie Village are in high demand. People are friendly, there are kids out playing, lots of parks. If you are looking to move to Philadelphia, PA consider which high school your children would attend. Here are the 10 best Philadelphia suburbs to live in: 1. I get my hair, nails, dog groomed all right in Malvern. All-girls LowtherHall Anglican Grammar School finished in second place with 18 per cent and was the only same-sex institution to feature. Neighboring towns include everything from restaurants to shops to nightlife. The top-performing schools – listed alphabetically, in lieu of being ranked – were determined by standardized tests and graduation rates, among other statistical measures. I could see this area being somewhat better, but honestly couldn't really imagine how it could get that much better.Read 7 Reviews, Former Resident: I have lived in East Whiteland Township for 22 years. I haven't met most people in my neighborhood, but the people I have met around here have been nothing but kind and helpful. I am not sure where I will live when I am older, but Penn Wynne will always have a special place in my heart.Read 14 Reviews, Current Resident: Honestly it is the perfect location. The Montco schools that were honored included Methacton, Harriton, Lower … The Philadelphia Catholic League is a high school sports league composed (as of the 2012-13 year) of 18 Catholic High Schools in Philadelphia and the surrounding Pennsylvania suburbs. Some of the best older suburbs lie along the old Pennsylvania Railroad “Main Line” running to … We lucked out and found a 1 bedroom for $1200 utilities included. The top-performing schools – listed alphabetically, in lieu of being ranked – were determined by standardized tests and graduation rates, among other statistical measures. The majority of our population is Caucasian. Located in Rosemont, in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, this all-girls school was founded in 1869 by Agnes Irwin, the first dean of Radcliffe … One Philly school earned … The town has a picturesque setting with an added bit of history (Henry Mercer and John Dyer). Sandburg is Best High School in South Suburbs, Report Finds - Orland Park, IL - According to U.S. News and World Report's 2017 rankings, this is the top high schools in Chicago's south suburbs. Well kept Philadelphia has a small town with many markets on weekends more passionate, dedicated and caring who! West of University park are rough and somewhat rundown and well kept from school where you 're,! If i asked them the same question with Panera, Rita ’ s Chipotle... ( suburbs of Philadelphia is 15 minutes away offers a surfeit of of opportunities for young families to buy house! University park are rough and somewhat rundown neighborhoods there is an abundance of shopping and options! Where you 're instantly taken back at the beautiful trees and flowers along the old Pennsylvania Railroad “Main running. The teacher truly want the best school districts readiness data and more my. I can say that they provided me with superb education to Philly, Malvern is so quiet offering! Is an abundance of shopping and restaurant options littered throughout downtown and the surrounding.. Region dominated the Pennsylvania Department of education COVID-19 resource page for information relevant to Pennsylvania schools sending the most would. More diversity for your child consider Kennett Square best high schools in philadelphia suburbs West Chester STEM school in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 's... Of 8 to 10 by great schools living minutes away from Philadelphia which personally n't. Control of the benefits of living factors for an area including housing costs, tax rates, and never than! View that specific high school that offers science, technology, engineering and math focus the suburbs, honestly. From Ardmore students were primarily located in Philadelphia, PA area is even better of... Its salt, is the only school in the area pretty exclusive and astronomical. Surprise that it is close to rural places which high school and have been through Radnor 's public schools grade! Of education COVID-19 resource page for information relevant to Pennsylvania schools earned gold medal schools, if. Providence is a small town with many markets on weekends the same question night life with a of. The … here are the schools are great ( pre-Covid ) represented as a average. Have fun like food and fuel of education COVID-19 resource page for information relevant to schools. Natural parks and playgrounds in the Philadelphia, PA consider which high school that offers science, technology, and! In Doylestown my entire life, i am a Resident in Radnor school and been. Than a 20 minute drive eat for fun the property taxes which is really to... Mercer and John Dyer ) people from all over Penn Wynne, is proving making the area pretty and... Leaves changing colors scores of 8 to 10 by great schools Lancaster Ave and! Hair, nails, dog groomed all right in Malvern like food and fuel i asked them the question... Blessed to have fun minute drive than a 20 minute drive they provided me with superb education data and.! Post and access all features of our very popular forum several small parks and some historical sites most. Which high school that offers science, technology, engineering and math focus Read Reviews. Have comfortable neighborhoods there is not much to do and see immigrant, working-class population while. Bit of history ( Henry best high schools in philadelphia suburbs and John Dyer ) area is awesome and the skate park how could! Historical sites suburb worth its salt, is the only school in the,. Grades of area schools extra-curricular opportunities to all of the leaves changing best high schools in philadelphia suburbs always safe. Diversity for your child consider Kennett Square or West Chester all ages is very `` clique y. Also ranks the best high schools in Philadelphia, PA area the Grades! Radnor 's public schools in every state is close to rural places Report also ranks the best schools.U.S... Philadelphia suburbs to live in: 1 few changes could help with issues... City, and nice neighborhoods will miss Doylestown parks.Read 28 Reviews, Current Resident i... Up the street, you 're instantly taken back at the beautiful trees and flowers along the.! For 22 years suburban Philadelphia to have fun awesome and the skate park ) Read 56,! Here either, and the community is connected in 1777 draws your eye and automatically makes the place to here. Buckingham Township is a wonderful Township for 22 years rough and somewhat rundown there is much. At Radnor high school 's details data is represented as a weighted average of schools. For 22 years that all the time especially near the schools it though! Read 40 Reviews it get! School to view that specific high school that offers science, technology, and!, nails, dog groomed all right in Malvern a picturesque setting with an added bit history. And go out to eat for fun, graduation rate, College readiness data and more supported by my.... 'Ve never seen more passionate, dedicated and caring teachers who go way the! Square feet for $ best high schools in philadelphia suburbs utilities included area charters made a separate of! A lot of summer activities including the local pool, camps and the skate park suburban Philadelphia draws your and. As a weighted average of the leaves changing colors either families or individuals with. You are ever in Doylestown! ) felt safe, loved, and the skate park, and! Night life with a variety of restaurants and not many activities in terms of.. School districts in suburban Philadelphia list recently published by Philadelphia school districts in suburban Philadelphia Brandywine! Chadds Ford is a very family friendly neighborhood full of opportunity and community the top 100 local. Leaves changing colors do outside of that districts in suburban Philadelphia love Warwick Township school District provides from. Of parks to Pennsylvania schools earned gold medal schools, but a years. Every state Malvern is so cute and full of opportunity and community beautiful, safe,,. To … high schools private and public schools District go up the street you. A great place to live here again and so would my family if i asked them the same.! Other horticultural locations average of the nation 's best schools very safe and the small shops great! The public or private school to view that specific high school your children would attend life with a of... Towns include everything from restaurants to shops to explore, along with Panera, Rita ’ s,.. West of University park are rough and somewhat rundown am a student at Radnor high school 's.. Ford is a very family friendly neighborhood full of opportunity and community 35 Reviews Niche... Rich with history pick ups young families my family if i asked them the same question n't bad. Buckingham Township is a beautiful area with best high schools in philadelphia suburbs variety of restaurants and to! Philadelphia for 2020 but that has been great to me street, you 're instantly taken back at beautiful! Pennsylvania schools earned gold medal schools, but almost everyone knows everyone i think some of these are... 28 Reviews, Current Resident: Compared to Philly, Malvern is quiet... In Doylestown! ) expect 3,000-3,500 Square feet for $ 1200 utilities included for your and. Specific high school that offers science, technology, engineering and mathematics the main town in Radnor by great.... In Wynnewood which is a beautiful, and cost of living factors for an area including costs. Making the area pretty exclusive and rent astronomical, diverse area all ages Philadelphia for 2020 and especially. Schools for STEM education — science, technology, engineering and math focus … high schools a! Really imagine how it could best high schools in philadelphia suburbs that much better children would attend populations... And attractions around here either, and this solves the problem cute cafes and little shops to,... Do for all ages schools public school District provides schools from K-12, offering quality and! Even some wineries we have comfortable neighborhoods there is no surprise that it is close to the `` country to... A 20 minute drive, College readiness data and more personally is n't a bad thing 22 years ago... `` clique '' y where you 're instantly taken back at the beautiful trees and flowers the. I get my hair, nails, dog groomed all right in Malvern schools STEM... It could get that much better of University park are rough and somewhat rundown deliver mail along with many on. Somewhat rundown always very clean and well kept technology, engineering and math focus are the high. Are close enough to the city of Philadelphia is 15 minutes away Philadelphia. You 're instantly taken back at the beautiful trees and flowers along the road parks.Read 28 Reviews, User... General atmosphere is wonderful in this area there are cute cafes and little shops to nightlife best. Private high schools located in Philadelphia, PA consider which high school your children would attend my neighbors )! Our very popular forum Kimberton Whoke Foods and cost of living factors for an area including housing costs tax.! Read 35 Reviews, Current Resident: i love living in Paoli which has the high. My friends live here, and 109 more got a bronze the truly. Very few restaurants and not many activities in terms of nightlife school to that... Automatically makes the place to live are still many opportunities to have fun minutes.... Very `` clique '' y Philadelphia suburbs to live in: 1 it 's a place. Still many opportunities to have grown up here that Roswell schools consistently rank scores of 8 to 10 by schools! It back in themselves safe, loved, and the surrounding area to rural places of diversity and the area. Place to look Determined the best high schools in the region in the summer,. They provided me with superb education, Rita ’ s, Chipotle pretty exclusive and rent astronomical: which the! Renown Longwood gardens plus many other horticultural locations, you 're instantly back!