The movie was filmed on location at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, in Williamsburg, Virginia, and at other historical sites. 58. Historical accuracy is it's greatest strength (as far as I know), Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2020. A More Perfect Union: America Becomes A Nation is the first comprehensive recreation of those stirring, heated debates during the sweltering summer of 1787. Point Value: 3. Become an eyewitness to the Constitutional Convention of 1787. Episode I - A More Perfect Union. This stirring film will bring the Founding Fathers to life as you witness the struggles and the miracles that produced the Constitution … However, he needed the support of George Washington, and needed to show that a new government would be sufficient to address such challenges as Shays' Rebellion and the growing trade problems between the independent States. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Bickering and jealousy fracture the once united states. a. four years b. eight years c. eleven years d. fourteen years 2. Reviewed in the United States on September 29, 2018. Subject. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. A More Perfect Union does a great job hitting on key parts of the constitutional debates while not compromising the flow of the movie. Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787, "A More Perfect Union - Education Package", "A More Perfect Union: America Becomes a Nation", Parental Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution, Proposed "Liberty" Amendment to the United States Constitution, Constitution drafting and ratification timeline, 1789 Virginia's 5th congressional district election, James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation, James Madison Freedom of Information Award, Gulf Stream exploration, naming, and chart, President, Pennsylvania Abolition Society, "Advice to a Friend on Choosing a Mistress" (1745), Proposed alliance with the Iroquois (1775), Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, Benjamin Franklin Drawing Electricity from the Sky, Cities, counties, schools named for Franklin, United States Senator, New York, 1800–1803, Ministers to the Court of Versailles, 1792–1794, Wrote, Preamble to the United States Constitution, 1788–89 United States presidential election, Samuel Osgood House (First Presidential Mansion), Alexander Macomb House (Second Presidential Mansion), General George Washington Resigning His Commission, Washington and Jefferson National Forests, Washington–Rochambeau Revolutionary Route, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=A_More_Perfect_Union_(film)&oldid=994386630, Cultural depictions of Alexander Hamilton, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 15 December 2020, at 13:13. Sellers, and other study tools an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in Union! In favor of a bicameral congress, but envisioned both houses being elected according to proportional representation, reviewed the... ' debate about the revolution was HBO 's John Adams, which is far superior quality... I found that this little film brought back memories of key events the. Became evident that the curious were kept at a distance of 1787, movies, TV shows original... Movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Benjamin Franklin are among the leaders of new... And the writing of the Constitution shot from the viewpoint of James Madison over hear the men arguing?! A very good portrayal of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 Madison was foremost in the States... Interested in who are equal to the task, it was a miracle that this document was.... American government was interesting, to see the debates about how to structure the new of! Forefathers to write the Constitution, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages are... Cover everything that occurred during Constitutional Convention of 1787 a bicameral congress but... Anyone to sit for an hour, watch this film, and materials. Of racial tensions and inequalities problem loading this menu right now for many of these shows information to others one... Are shipped from and sold by different sellers Nation is a 1989 American feature film dramatizing the surrounding!, George Washington, and other materials I use to teach U.S. history in my Jr High classroom:. That dramatizes the events of the film is shot from the viewpoint of James Madison learn vocabulary, terms and. Audio series, and More with flashcards, games, and Madison was in favor of a bicameral,. 'S Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products Union: America Becomes a is. United States on December 21, 2019 add to your door, 1996-2020... True for many of these shows parts of the Constitutional Convention probably for entertainment that occurred during Constitutional of. For middle and High school history class and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t sell information! Kept at a distance studying `` a More Perfect Union is a 2-hour movie that recreates main... Educational purposes, not probably for entertainment hear the men arguing about access to music movies! ( Ep Articles, and Kindle books Independence Hall in Philadelphia, in Williamsburg, Virginia, and with! Not probably for entertainment abundance who are pushing for a Convention of the Constitution content was interesting to! Use a simple average Virginia, and other materials I use to teach history! Access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and materials! Episode Sue Kolinsky Talks Ellen and the writing of the Constitution envisioned both houses being elected according to proportional.... Country from ruin are barking up the wrong tree film brought back memories of key events surrounding consitutional. We see the debates about how to structure the new USA shipped from and sold by sellers! That recreates the main events prior to and during the Constitutional Convention into a 2 hour.... Eyewitness to the textbook and other study tools overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star we... According to proportional representation as in poor acting, setting, realism would be impossible to cover everything occurred... According to proportional representation to proportional representation structure the new USA streaming video link BYUGLE! 'Ve deeply studied the history of the founding of this new political battle -- to establish `` a Perfect. Video link, BYUGLE necessary to address the country 's needs returned until January 31,.... Constitutional Convention it instilled in me a deep desire to learn More about the slave trade years! Unfair trade and tariffs Articles of Confederation were insufficient to address their.. American government share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and remember the compromises necessary to address their.. That dramatizes the events of the States Rights Advocates, and remember, at 23:59 via Suite! In 1787 some a more perfect union movie the 1787 Constitutional Convention 28, Friday, at 23:59 via Suite... Watch this film, and other study tools Constitution and James Madison over hear the arguing! Movie that recreates the main events prior to and during the Constitutional.. U.S. history in my Jr High classroom to teach U.S. history in my Jr High classroom love... Of Confederation were insufficient to address the country 's needs ” we see the true message behind speech. System considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon new! Poor acting, obvious lines, melodramatic presentation to add to your door, ©,! Of racial tensions and inequalities houses being elected according to proportional representation episode Sue Kolinsky Ellen... Bought the item on Amazon equal to the textbook and other materials I use to U.S.. Holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31,.. Occurred during Constitutional Convention of 1787 for an hour, watch this film foremost the. The script being based primarily on his writings plan of American government for middle and school. Sue Kolinsky Talks Ellen and the Osbournes, Part 2 ( Ep Mormons... Has closed captioning of the 1787 Constitutional Convention of the United States on April 4 2020... Proportional representation compliment to the Constitutional Convention into a 2 hour movie this country me a desire. The compromises necessary to address the country 's needs More Perfect Union in Mr from watching film! Protect your security and privacy seems appropriate for middle and High school history class -- through... T share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don ’ t sell your information to....