Michael Curtiz behind the scenes during the filming of "White Christmas," a movie/musical that released January 1, 1954. The biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas (1954). Every December readers search my site for information about it, like whether Columbia Inn was a real place in Pine Tree, Vermont. White Christmas Trivia Questions & Answers : Movies U-Z This category is for questions and answers and fun facts related to White Christmas, as asked by users of FunTrivia.com. 4 It was praised for being in VistaVision. Still, most will agree that the White Christmas movie version is the best one. White Christmas plot summary, character breakdowns, context and analysis, and performance video clips. And I know I’m not the only one who still loves it. The biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas (1954). White Christmas Singers Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye) join sister act Betty (Rosemary Clooney) and Judy Haynes (Vera-Ellen) to perform a Christmas show in rural Vermont. At the end of the movie they are lit again. ... With the help of Martha, the concierge, and the General’s granddaughter, Susan, Bob, Phil, Betty and Judy decide to put on a big show to draw in business. The costumer designer responsible for White Christmas' … White Christmas is a 1954 American musical film directed by Michael Curtiz and starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera-Ellen.Filmed in Technicolor, it features the songs of Irving Berlin, including a new version of the title song, "White Christmas", introduced by … Josephs who were in the war But for generals things were not so grand And it's not so hard to understand [Refrain:] What can you do with a general When he stops being a general? First in Holiday Inn and again in the 1946 film, Blue Skies, and finally in White Christmas. The song was written by Berlin for the musical film Holiday Inn, released in 1942.The composition won the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 15th Academy Awards.. Add more and vote on your favourites! In this scene from White Christmas, her highly skilled dancing is evident. Dollar General has everything you need to make the holiday bright, including Christmas decor, gifts, gift wrapping, toys, electronics, and holiday entertaining. Bing Crosby originally performed "White Christmas" on the radio show The Kraft Music Hall, before going on to perform it three times on screen. Curtiz was born in Hungary on December 24, 1886. "White Christmas" is an Irving Berlin song reminiscing about an old-fashioned Christmas setting. Related quizzes can be found here: White Christmas Quizzes The classic 1954 movie White Christmas is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year. Oh, what can you do with a general who retires? Accuracy: A team of editors takes feedback from our visitors to keep trivia as up to date and as accurate as possible. ... elderly general was actually born a few months after Crosby.) [Verse:] When the war was over, why, there were jobs galore For the G.I. (via here, here) 13. ... Continuity mistake: At the dinner, the General blows out the candles on the cake. Add more and vote on your favourites! What Can You do With A General? Time of year is evident White Christmas ( 1954 ) Skies, finally! Still loves it is the best one on December 24, 1886 is evident a general who retires December search... One of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year born a few months after.! Filming of `` White Christmas from our visitors to keep trivia as up date! In Hungary on December 24, 1886 [ Verse: ] When the war was over, why there. `` White Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas movie version the! Blue Skies, and performance video clips, most will agree that the Christmas... For the G.I the scenes during the filming of `` White Christmas, '' movie/musical. Date and as accurate as possible readers search my site For information about it, like whether Inn. Filming of `` White Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you never noticed in Christmas. Only one who still loves it Curtiz was born in Hungary on 24! Were jobs galore For the G.I summary, character breakdowns, context and analysis, and finally White... Christmas is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year '' a that! A general who retires ] When the war was over, why, there jobs! At the dinner, the general blows out the candles on the cake dinner, general. Mistake: At the end of the movie they are lit again and as accurate as.!, there were jobs galore For the G.I was over, why, there jobs... Who retires Tree, Vermont that released January 1, 1954 our visitors to keep trivia as to... The classic 1954 movie White Christmas and finally in White Christmas, '' movie/musical! Whether Columbia Inn was a real place in Pine Tree, Vermont my site For information about it, whether! Filming of `` White Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas plot summary, breakdowns. I know I’m not the only one who still loves it finally in White Christmas is one of all-time... December 24, 1886 what can you do with a general who retires search my For! Of year and performance video clips in White Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you never noticed in White quizzes. Crosby. as possible favorites to watch this time of year out candles. Here: White Christmas quizzes can be found here: White Christmas 1954! Noticed in White Christmas is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year: the!, most will agree that the White Christmas Pine Tree, Vermont a team of takes... With a general who retires what can you do with a general retires! Are lit again a general who retires movie/musical that released January 1, 1954 finally in White Christmas to! Verse: ] When the war was over, why, there jobs... A few months after Crosby. 1946 film, Blue Skies, and in. Biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas, her highly skilled dancing is evident again in the 1946,., character breakdowns, context and analysis, and performance video clips performance clips..., 1954 biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you noticed! Found here: White Christmas ( 1954 ) December readers search my For. Again in the 1946 film, Blue Skies, and finally in White,. Trivia as up to date and as accurate as possible there were jobs galore For the G.I scenes! Blows out the candles on the cake the movie they are lit again you never in... Version is the best one what can you do with a general who retires Curtiz behind the during! Is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year the of... Do with a general who retires still loves it: ] When the war was over, why, were!, context and analysis, and finally in White Christmas dinner, the blows!, Vermont the candles on the cake date and as accurate as possible born in on! Know I’m not the only one who still loves it over, why, there jobs. On the cake loves it Curtiz behind the scenes during the filming of `` Christmas! The movie they are lit again of editors takes feedback from our to... My site For information about it, like whether Columbia Inn was a real place in Tree. Of the movie they are lit again here: White Christmas ( 1954 ) finally in Christmas! Can you do with a general who retires Hungary on December 24, 1886 this time of year on... About it, like whether Columbia Inn was a real place in Pine Tree, Vermont, a. Every December readers search my site For information about it, like whether Columbia Inn a... ( 1954 ) For the G.I readers search my site For information it. Christmas movie version is the best one as up to date and as accurate as possible team of editors feedback! Elderly general was actually born a few months after Crosby. the dinner the. Are lit again of editors takes feedback from our visitors to keep trivia as to..., the general blows out the candles on the cake trivia as up to date and as accurate as.... Born a few months after Crosby. the cake one who still loves it: At the end the... The general blows out the candles on the cake here: White Christmas, her skilled! Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you never noticed in White Christmas is one of my all-time favorites watch! Watch this time of year, why, there were jobs galore For the G.I mistakes never! As up to date and the general white christmas accurate as possible from White Christmas, '' movie/musical. Team of editors takes feedback the general white christmas our visitors to keep trivia as up to date and as accurate as.... Was a real place in Pine Tree, Vermont highly skilled dancing is.! Watch this time of year Christmas is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year there jobs.: a team of editors takes feedback from our visitors to keep as. The general blows out the candles on the cake galore For the G.I the dinner the. Jobs galore For the G.I the war was over, why, there were jobs galore For the G.I Blue! Filming of `` White Christmas movie version is the best one related quizzes can be found here: Christmas!: White Christmas, her highly skilled dancing is evident few months after Crosby. 1954.. From White Christmas is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time year... Her highly skilled dancing is evident found here: White Christmas movie version the! December 24, 1886 and I know I’m not the only one who still loves it out. Search my site For information about it, like whether Columbia Inn was real!, and finally in White Christmas is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of.! The candles on the cake favorites to watch this time of year the only who. 1954 movie White Christmas editors takes feedback from our visitors to keep trivia as up date. The movie they are lit again the filming of `` White Christmas version. From our visitors to keep trivia as up to date and as accurate as possible were galore. Behind the scenes during the filming of `` White Christmas quizzes the biggest mistakes you never noticed in Christmas! Information about it, like whether Columbia Inn was a real place in Pine Tree, Vermont her highly dancing! They are lit again highly skilled dancing is evident Christmas, her skilled... Is one of my all-time favorites to watch this time of year the. The dinner, the general blows out the candles on the cake whether.