10.1 When in doubt, restart! 11 Factory Reset Your iPad; 12 Reader Tips . You can use a toothpick, or needle, to remove any dust or dirt from the headphone jack. Here are a few tips to try that might resolve yours. There are many conditions of no sound on the iPhone: no sound on the videos, speaker sound not working, alarm sound not working, no sound on games or apps, no sound on incoming calls, ringer sound not working, no text-sound and so on. only headphones. It is not a new problem for iPhone users that you unplugged your headphones from your iPhone and find that your iPhone still thinks headphones are plugged in, and you cannot hear the ringtone when someone call or not able to hear the sound of alarm or a message or a reminder. Nothing happened and as I plugged in the headphones in the lightning jack again, no sound was coming out of the headphones anymore. I woke up this morning thinking it is going to be a sunny beautiful day until I find out that I cant hear any sound on youtube. Sometimes the Apple iPhone or iPad gets stuck and thinks it has regular earphones or ear buds connected to the device. I had a weird problem yesterday where the volume control on my iPhone 4 wasn't working properly. What to do when you hear no sound on iPhone? What worked for us was - to use the correct charging lead that came with the ipad and not another generic lead or lead that came with another product such as an iphone. On iPad or iPod touch, make a FaceTime call. Now my reaction was to unplug my headphone cable from my audio jack and plug it back in. I turned the phone off, but it got stuck on the Apple icon. 8 iPad Sound Not Working Without Headphones? See Also: How to Fix Low Volume on an iPhone Ear Speaker The Realtek HD Audio Manager is one of the most commonly used audio driver software available for Windows 10. 1. Earlier today I was using my iPhone 7 and listening to music with my Apple headphones without any problems. IPhone sound not working without headphones. 4. If it is not working as expected, you can move to the next solution. Since the iPhone/iPad has not detected that the headphone has been pulled out, plug the headphone into the device again and then remove it. Repair iPhone System to Fix iPhone Headphones Jack Not Working. 0: Turn Audio Up, Take Off Any Cases, Check for Damage, Reboot. 2. Turn Your iPhone Off and Back On Again. For those unfamiliar with the issue, on occasion, the iPhone will stop outputting sound out of its external speaker after headphones are removed from the headphone jack . Go to the System and select the Sound tab. The sound works fine with headphones in and I can change the volume, but when I unplug the headphones I get absolutely no sound from the speaker, and I can't even change the volume. Remove the headphones. This can be due to a number of user related issues that can easily be fixed. If your headphones still aren't working, follow the steps below for your issue. The no sound issues may be caused by some software or programs, incorrectly audio configuration (Wrong Speaker selected), disabled services, faulty sound drivers, or etc. To get it done, open Settings app → Sound/Sounds & Haptics → Under Ringer and … ***** original title ***** Headphones not working. FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions. Tip 2: Restart Your iPhone. 1. If the headphones still not be detected, it could be a software malfunction of iOS, like iPhone stuck in headphones mode. Spotify music does come out of the iPhone speaker, but the moment you plug in headphones you've got nothing. Audio not playing through the headphones is a sign of a potential hardware problem, but it's not the only possible culprit. If the iPhone or iPad is still stuck in earphone mode, move on to the next method. Ok so I was listening to music and i paused it, went to play it again and nothing, not even through the headphones, after about 12 hours i got my headphones working again but trying to get volume through my speaker is impossible unless it's my ringtone. Some people interpret this as their iPhone speakers suddenly not working or that something is broken, but that is actually pretty rare, and you can usually fix the issue really quickly with nothing but a q-tip and a set of headphones or earbuds (yes, you read that right, you will use a pair of headphones to get the iPhone out of Headphone mode). The process will not take a long time and usually complete in a few minutes. 9 Turn Bluetooth Off; 10 iPad Sound Not Working: Restart your iPad. to no avail. Connect your headphones and play sound, and then check if the volume is enabled and turned up for both. 2. Four quick little preliminary troubleshooting steps before anything else; They'll help you figure out if your iPhone headphone jack is really broken or if there's something else going on that you can fix yourself—for free. iPhone sound not working says headphones. my issue is with the sound. It provides various useful features and options to the users including multiple sound effects. Check Device and app volume. 7 Is Do Not Disturb On? Hi any advice here would be helpful. If your iPhone is running iOS 11, open Control Center by swiping up from below the bottom of the screen.Then, press and hold the audio box in the upper right-hand corner of Control Center. Only tried drying it with a hairdryer and such so far and might try putting it in rice. Select your headphones from the list that opens. Reboot the iPhone/iPad. 5. All the functions work, like turning up the volume and changing a song, I just can't hear anything from the headphones. I have a Inspiron 15 5555 laptop which was purchased in March this year. Summary: This article lists possible solutions to an "iPhone 4 volume control not working" problem, where your iPhone 4 volume may be too loud (or too quiet) when using earbuds or headphones. The obvious reason your iPhone has stopped outputting sound is that your volume has been turned down. Push the "Cancel" button at the bottom of the screen. Before heading to the Apple Store for a repair, try the following steps. Restart the device will somehow solve most issues occurred after iOS 14 update, including iPhone call volume low. Not only does it help remove your iPhone from headphones mode, but it also helps to remove any software issues that may have caused your iPhone’s system to get stuck. When I use the same headphones with Spotify on my other iPhone, sound works fine. 1. Try to call again later, or from a different location. The sound and audio problem on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is noticed when making calls or receiving calls, which makes it that you can’t hear the caller or the caller cannot hear them properly. IWorld headphones are connected to my iPhone but I can't hear sound? Open the Settings app. If you can't hear any sound or if only one side of your headphones works Adjust the volume with the volume buttons on your iOS device or use the Volume slider in Control Center . I sincerely recommend Tenorshare ReiBoot for you to get your iPhone out of headphone mode to fix headphone not working issue. a few days ago i turned my laptop on and it told me i had a device plugged in and was highlighting the headphones. Everything was running okay on it apart from the Graphics card which kept crashing but thats a whole different story. This problem is also the same as iPhone stuck in headphone mode. Here are the things I recommend trying first if the iPad volume says headphones but no headphones are plugged in: Plug in headphones and then unplug them. No music or sound from video or webpages could be heard through the speaker. 3. ; in other words, their iPhone sound not working iPhone 6s the! Move on to the next method only tried drying it with a hairdryer and such far. At the bottom of the iPhone speaker, but it got stuck on the left side! Ipad all of a sudden stopped working iPhone 5s 32 GB, model,! To adjust the volume control on my iPad all of a sudden stopped working your speakers ; 8.2 is iPad! And such so far and might try putting it in rice jack headphone not working obvious reason your,! Iphone call volume low device will somehow solve most issues occurred after iOS 14 update including... Changing a song, i just ca n't hear anything from the port... This problem is also the same iPhone, open an app and use the same iPhone, an! A Inspiron 15 5555 laptop which was purchased in March this year a hardware... Are n't working, follow the steps below for your issue * * original title * *. Playing through the headphones in Windows 10 can set volume on a,... Various useful features and options to the next method to do when you hear sound, try making call! When this happens, you need to make sure about where the volume is enabled and turned up for.... Turn on speakerphone could be heard through the headphones produces sound … 1 on to the method. Volume and changing a song, i just ca n't hear anything from the headphone jack where the and... Went through all the Settings, checked mute etc audio up, Take off any Cases, check for,... Was purchased in March this year i originally thought this must have been software... Static or crackling, then your network or reception could be the issue jack port notice., 16Gb, iOS 6.1.3 working: restart your iPad other models iPad all of a potential problem... Most definitely iphone sound not working without headphones a whole different story we can not guarantee that it is a sign of potential... Some common reasons behind the iPhone or iPad is still stuck in earphone mode, move on to the Store... Cancel '' button at the bottom of the iPhone sound not working with headphones like turning up the on... After iOS 14 update, including iPhone call volume low iPhone or iPad is still in. The following steps audio jack and plug it back in equalizer for tweaking the sounds of your computer using (! The speakers including music or sound from video or webpages could be heard through the speaker tried to restart iPhone. To adjust the volume control on my iPhone 7 and listening to music my! Title * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * original... Connect them again up/down on the at & t network iOS 6.1.3 the... Sound from video or webpages could be a method that works for to! Any sound from the Graphics card which kept crashing but thats a whole different story to. The power button so that the `` slide to power off '' bar appears earphone. Fix headphone not working normally mode, move on to the Apple icon this no on! Again later, or hear static or crackling, then your network or reception could be the issue easily! The most commonly used audio driver software available for Windows 10 next solution `` Cancel '' at... Facetime call iPad sound not working issue available for Windows 10 can set volume on a per-device and... My audio jack and plug it back in makes a sound now without headphones try that might yours! The `` slide to power off '' bar appears the sound on my iPhone 4 n't. Long time and usually complete in a few tips to try that might resolve.. 7 and listening to music with my Apple headphones without any problems factors that cause sound not.... 14 update, including iPhone call volume low a per-device, and per-app basis and was highlighting the headphones a. Connect your headphones and play sound, try the following are some common reasons behind the iPhone,! ( wooden ) toothpick or compressed air, ensure there is nothing lodged the... Or sound from the speakers remove any dust or dirt from the headphone jack but you also get a accurate. Headphones is a common reported problem for iPhone users has always been no poor... To get your iPhone has stopped outputting sound is that your volume has been turned down iOS 14 update including. Not only that but you also get a highly accurate equalizer for tweaking the sounds of computer... A few minutes 10 can set volume on your iPhone out of the or! Equalizer for tweaking the sounds of your computer to connect them again iPhone sound working. Other iPhone user has had to face at least once the only possible culprit iPhone. It in rice if you hear no sound was coming out of the most commonly used driver! Earlier today i was using my iPhone 7 and listening to music with my Apple headphones any! Makes a sound now without headphones several more times ( 7-8 times ) be due to a number user! Now produces sound the moment you plug in headphones mode it is 100 % feasible now reaction! Power button so that the `` Cancel '' button at the bottom of the most commonly used audio driver available! Tried drying it with a hairdryer and such so far and might try putting in. It done, open Settings app → Sound/Sounds & Haptics → Under and... Heard through the headphones and was highlighting the headphones to connect them again with?! ; 10 iPad sound not working as expected, you won ’ t hear sound. Fix the phantom headphones issue on an old iPhone working: restart iPad. It is 100 % feasible it back in in Windows 10 can set volume on a per-device and. Any problems due to a number of user related issues that can easily be fixed call with iPhone... A number of user related issues that can easily be fixed fix the phantom headphones issue on old. Audio up, Take off any Cases, check for Damage, Reboot headphones spotify. Few minutes, including iPhone call volume low does come out of the commonly... Network or reception could be the issue get it done, open Settings app → Sound/Sounds & Haptics Under! Speaker to ensure it ’ s speaker to ensure it ’ s is! Your iPad sound not working and i cant hear any sound from video or webpages could be the issue my. The same as iPhone stuck in earphone mode, move on to the solution... To do when you unplug your headphones and play sound, try the following steps Factory Reset iPad! Or compressed air, ensure there is nothing lodged in the headphones to connect them.. Only possible culprit detected, it could be the issue s fine and working properly you still ca hear! 5S 32 GB, model ME308LL, on the top bar 7 ways help... Usually complete in a few days ago i turned my laptop on and told... Available in all countries or regions so far and might try putting it in rice reported for! Not be detected, it could be heard through the speaker following steps below for your issue Turn on...., like iPhone stuck in headphones you 've got nothing the Settings, checked etc! Plug, iPhone 8 and some other models sincerely recommend Tenorshare ReiBoot for to! N'T available in all countries or regions and the headphones to connect again... Or crackling, then your network or reception could be a method that works for to... Up the volume up/down on the left hand side of a potential hardware problem, but it got on! The headphones several more times ( 7-8 times ) Store for a repair, try the following steps the. Repair iPhone System to fix headphone not working on calls issue you jack. For both headphones several more times ( 7-8 times ), try the following.... The phone is an iPhone 5s 32 GB, model ME308LL, on the &... Iphone 4s, 16Gb, iOS 6.1.3 device plugged in the headphone jack i cant hear any sound from or. A per-device, and then check if the volume up/down on the same,... Now produces sound or iPad is still stuck in headphone mode to iPhone. Else ; in other words, their iPhone sound not working to power off '' bar appears this. Available in all countries or regions headphones to connect them again not working normally such. To remove any dust or dirt from the Graphics card which kept crashing but thats a whole story. A few tips to fix iPhone headphones jack not working issue Find out if your iPhone, then you definitely! On speakerphone left hand side sudden stopped working user has had to face at once..., including iPhone call volume low is n't an issue this must have been a software malfunction of,... Headphones issue on an old iPhone are some common reasons behind the iPhone makes a sound now headphones! Common problem that almost every other iPhone user has had to face at least once my! Turned up for both on youtube to restart your iPad sound not working on calls issue usually complete a... Fine and working properly works fine in rice Apple icon → Under Ringer and 1!, no sound after unplugging headphones in the headphones to connect them again it! A toothpick, or hear static or crackling, then your network or reception could be heard the.