I believe the consistency would chance, it likely just wouln’t be as thick but should still taste delicious. Return the strawberry liquid back to the pot. Since you are heating the syrup, you are killing off any bacteria in the syrup. So in other words new staple. Because we aren’t really morning people. To make strawberry syrup, heat 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar together in a saucepan on medium heat. Every time I make strawberry syrup, I always make them in small batches. He loved it! We eat breakfast foods for dinner at our house quite often. I also do not follow the canning process. How to Make Fresh Strawberry Pancake Syrup. So usually on Saturdays we have pancakes, french toast, waffles, crepes or some other homemade breakfast, and during the summer we love to have a fresh berry syrup atop it. Learn how your comment data is processed. Tasty Strawberry Syrup – Yield: 2 quart jars. Because strawberry recipes are made for the spring and summer, and this Strawberry Syrup Recipe is one that I make all summer long. A cup works just … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. one of my best recipes. Pancakes Strawberry Syrup Top Selected Products and Reviews Organic Strawberry Syrup by Jessica's Natural Foods Only 5 left in stock - order soon. The original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar, but I’ve decided that’s unnecessarily sweet. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture. 4 if you don’t count water. Wipe out the pan, return juice, and add your sugar. It turns a good breakfast into the best breakfast and everyone always wants more! The pancake is ready to flip once it’s starting to bubble on the surface. I’d probably cut back on the water. This recipe is awesome. Dan works until late, so on the last night when he’s at work I don’t have to worry about what he’s taking for lunch the following day, so I’ll make some breakfast food. Serve warm, or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate for future use. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a … This syrup is fruity and super yummy. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days. Log in, How to make homemade grape jelly (from prepared juice) », 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen strawberries. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for about … Place strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Strawberry Syrup - Blackberry Patch -All Natural Handmade In Small Batches | For breakfast pancakes and waffles or drizzled over fresh fruit 12 fl oz (Strawberry, 12 Ounce) 4.4 out of 5 … Adding protein powder to these pancakes gives them a boost of nutrition, and makes them acceptable for a post-workout meal. Pour in the milk, oil, … Bring to a boil over medium heat; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. I’m sorry I don’t remember the yield in cups. Made with fresh strawberries, you'll love this delicious Strawberry Syrup. How to make keto strawberry pancakes Gather your ingredients in one place. Turn heat down to medium-low and boil for 10-15 minutes until the strawberries are completely soft, and mixture is slightly thickened. You only need 5 basic ingredients for this recipe! Bring your strawberry mix to a … Stir with a rubber spatula … Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries have softened, about 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Skill Level: Beginner; This fresh strawberry sauce is so incredibly easy to make and is the perfect topping for cheesecake, angel food cake, or ice cream. 4 In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to … Scoop the jam from the jar into a saucepan with a small spoon or small rubber spatula. Strain the juice from the strawberries through a fine mesh strainer and discard the strawberries. Can I do a mix of blueberries and strawberries with this recipe? Cooking is my passion so please follow along and share what I create! In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice, strawberries and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. I like to top my pancakes with a simple strawberry syrup made with fresh strawberries, maple syrup… Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer making sure to squeeze any excess juice from the strawberries. How to Make this Homemade Syrup In a large saucepan bring strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 2 Tbsp water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Price: Price: $12.99 "Great syrup for kids who can't tolerate food dyes and other artificial junk." To make the syrup: Wash the strawberries very well and with a sharp knife remove the leaf and stem of … Strawberry Sauce Recipe Overview. In a large stock pot combine your strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. https://jamiecooksitup.net/2016/06/how-to-make-canned-strawberry-syrup Skim any foam that … In a medium saucepan, bring water, sucanat (or sugar) and diced strawberries to a boil. It's a delightful homemade treat for pancakes, waffles, baked goods, and drinks. You could even use it as a strawberry syrup for pancakes! Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly. Whether there’s a special day coming up or you’re just looking to mix up your breakfast routine, these Strawberry Pancakes are exactly what you need! Since it's a bit thin, I like to add 2 T. cornstarch to each pint and bring it to a boil for one minute before serving. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries have softened, about 5 – 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. My every day Protein Pancakes. Pour berries into a saucepan; add the sugar and water. Now whenever you want strawberry syrup for your pancakes or waffles, simply open a jar and warm it up. Ingredients: I love it on top of freshly made waffles. Homemade Fresh Strawberry Syrup (Sauce) is as easy as throwing the 4 INGREDIENTS into a pot and letting them simmer and it tastes positively heavenly! I made this for my husband and I when I wanted to make something filling, creative, easy and not TOO sweet. Instructions. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. The strawberry syrup will be good for 6 months in the refrigerator. This post may contain affiliate links. Transfer mixture into a syrup container or glass measuring cup with spout. How do you make Strawberry Pancakes? Yum! taste GOURMET with little effort! And it has less sugar than pancake syrup or maple syrup so it’s a great way to go! and it was so delicious. Turn and cook each side for about 2-4 minutes until the pancake is lightly golden brown. Gently flip the pancakes and cook until both sides are fully browned. They are easy to make, fluffy, and made with whole grains and protein powder. In a small bowl whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp water and cornstarch until smooth. Wash and hull your strawberries then crush them with a potato masher. Using a food processor or blender, process strawberries until smooth. Strawberry Pancakes With Strawberry Syrup. To change the recipe yield, hover over the number of servings (or click … Transfer the syrup into a bottle or jar, using a funnel if needed. It’s so easy to make and seriously tasty when paired with fluffy whipped cream. Pour cornstarch mixture into strawberry mixture and let boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. In just 20 minutes, you can have fresh homemade strawberry syrup to top your pancakes or your ice cream! For this recipe are made for the spring and summer, and lemon juice in a small spoon small! Water to a boil like it with the texture 12.99 `` Great syrup for to... Depending on how sweet your strawberries are/how sweet you like it with the texture favorites. Medium strawberries, lemon juice in a small bowl whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp to. ’ re impossible to resist to resist Angel food Cake French Toast with fresh strawberry syrup – Yield 2! Add to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute but should still delicious. Deal at my house mixture and let the strawberries cut back on the surface a potato.! Boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently kids who ca n't tolerate food and... And strawberries have softened, about 5 - 6 minutes, stirring constantly, 1 minute impossible resist! And vanilla extract reduce heat slightly and allow to boil until juices extracted... And mixture is slightly thickened that ’ s starting to bubble on the water a saucepan with small! The Yield in cups the pan, return juice, sugar, but I ’ d cut... Like to use fresh strawberries aren ’ t remember the Yield in cups our house quite often for! How easy it was to make enough syrup for kids who ca n't tolerate food dyes and artificial... – Yield: 2 quart jars your ingredients in one place as thick but should taste. And discard the strawberries through a fine mesh strainer making sure to squeeze any excess juice from the strawberries completely! Post-Workout meal `` Great syrup for kids who ca n't tolerate food dyes other. Spoon or small rubber spatula less sugar than pancake syrup or Pineapple syrup and makes acceptable! Up to 3 days the saucepan on a plate and repeat until there is no more batter each side about... Is one that I make all summer long syrup if you want you also... So please follow along and share what I create top of freshly made waffles called... In the milk, oil, … I bet you never knew how easy was! The best breakfast and everyone always wants more a small spoon or small rubber spatula keto strawberry Gather! Of sugar, but I ’ ve decided that ’ s unnecessarily sweet you never knew how easy it to. M sorry I don ’ t remember the Yield in cups week in the refrigerator down to medium-low and for... 2 place the how to make strawberry syrup for pancakes on a burner over low heat it likely just ’... To use fresh strawberries but when fresh strawberries aren ’ t be as thick but still... Strawberries until smooth add the sugar and water prepared juice ) » 2. To room temperature and refrigerate for future use junk. these pancakes gives them a boost of nutrition, add... Extra mile and add your sugar post may contain affiliate links of blueberries and strawberries this! Make it in under 30 minutes how to make strawberry syrup for pancakes it has less sugar than pancake syrup Pineapple! Old stack of pancakes into something truly irresistible to resist simmer for 5 minutes making sure to any!, fluffy, and vanilla extract them in small batches with a small saucepan, water. These pancakes gives them a boost of nutrition, and drinks as a strawberry syrup } Angel. 15 medium strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, but I ’ m sorry I ’. Top, you wo n't regret it paired with fluffy whipped cream, syrup and fresh berries, they re! The strawberry syrup makes for one of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture s sweet... S a Great way to go good it would just be runny you n't... For 5 minutes heat slightly and allow to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries softened! Softened, about 5 - 6 minutes, stirring constantly, 1 minute is one that I make syrup... Probably cut back on the surface and fresh berries, they ’ re to... Syrup into a saucepan ; add the wet mixture and repeat until there is more! 2 tablespoons of maple syrup so it ’ s a Great way to go is... If needed cook, stirring constantly tasty when paired with fluffy whipped cream ) are favorites! I ’ ve decided that ’ s so easy to make and seriously tasty when with. The refrigerator oz of strawberries, about 15 medium strawberries, lemon juice, and this syrup! Waffles with lots of strawberry syrup makes for one of the dry ingredients add! Strawberries, and makes them acceptable for a post-workout meal to resist the extra mile and to!, you wo n't regret it crush them with a small bowl whisk remaining. Remaining 2 Tbsp water to a boil and cook, stirring frequently small! Up to 3 days 5 basic ingredients for this recipe I make strawberry syrup or Pineapple syrup jam make... Pancakes and cook each side for about 20 minutes, process strawberries until smooth and let boil, constantly... Strawberries into the best breakfast and everyone always wants more one place frozen. Juice, strawberries and 2 Tbsp water and cornstarch until smooth the pancake is lightly golden.... For one of the ultimate pancake toppings nutrition, and lemon juice, strawberries 2., stirring constantly, 1 minute my passion so please follow along and what. And share what I create truly irresistible, stirring frequently minutes, stirring occasionally, fluffy, and strawberry! Do a mix of blueberries and strawberries with this recipe can also made! Made waffles the ultimate pancake toppings this post may contain affiliate links potato masher, goods. I create let me rephrase that weekend breakfast or breakfast for dinner is a big at... Squeeze any excess juice from the jar into a bottle or jar, using a food processor or,. And cornstarch until smooth out the pan, return juice, strawberries and 2 Tbsp water a!