Hydration, hydration, hydration! A Complete Guide To Layering Biossance Products For Maximum Efficacy. According to a 2000 study in Planta Medica, it specifically prevents the oxidative degradation of lipids, the natural fats in our skin.. I was a little confused about the product at first but I was able to ask a Biossance rep if it was considered safe since it doesn’t contain retinol and she said it was. Please check if this new Biossance Lip balm is okay to use during pregnancy. The mask was working great 2x week with a few tiny blemishes I was getting, but then I discovered May Lindstrom’s Blue Cocoon and that has really cleared up my skin! What are your thoughts on Phenoxyethanol? Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Stearyl Alcohol, C13-15 Alkane, Tapioca Starch, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Triethyl Citrate, Jojoba Esters, Sodium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Bisabolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Limonene, Citronellol, Linalool, Geraniol, Tocopherol. -Caffeine: Reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. As background, Biossance is an incredible clean brand. LEARN MORE. I am so grateful for your work. What are your thoughts on Biossance’s Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask? There’s lots of ingredients in skin care you’re supposed to avoid while pregnant and one of them is Fragrance, and unfortunately this serum contains Linalool which is a fragrance. Your website is perfect as is. A rich, decadent cream with all the good fats (lipids) your skin needs to deeply moisturise without leaving a greasy after feel. Your lists are amazing and so helpful! QUALANE, GINSENG, ROSE OTTO OIL ALSO MADE WITH: Glycerin, Water/Aqua/Eau, Ascorbic Acid, Squalane, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Propanediol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Rosa Gallica Flower Powder, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Ferulic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Powder, Citronellol. Specifically, you'll want to look for titanium dioxide or zinc oxide on the label. At the time, Behnke struggled to find pregnancy-safe skincare products that also effective, producing tangible results. This isn’t 100% natural, but was okayed by my doctor and has a great EWG score if you’re into using that app. I think they’ve come out and said they’re not stem cells? Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil I love this oil so much! I can appreciate the despair so many pregnant women feel when they have to say goodbye to retinol. Hi! But lately the Biossance stuff hasn’t really indicated they’re stem cells? Thank you! by Mollie Jensen could you please let me know if these are safe for pregnancy, because i have been having pregnancy acne problems and been wanting to try these biossance tea tree series, thank you! This gives hope to pregnant mothers who cannot use retinoids to treat their pigmentation or acne. What facial care products do you recommend that are safer for pregnant women to use? Here's a great collection of pregnancy safe skincare and beauty items as well as articles to help you navigate this confusing topic. View Terms. Your skin will produce a lot less of squalane and collagen (which are crucial for hydration and elasticity of your skin) once you reach your 20’s. An ingredient cheat sheet and why you need to check the labels. Thanks. September 08, 2020, by Beth Wischnia Biossance does not sell personal information about its customers. This honey mask/cleanser was also super helpful. I’ve referred to it for several brands and it’s exactly the info I need. Is the Marine Algae Eye cream +Squalane safe? Also, is the Squalane and tea tree safe? From there I worked post-operatively with patients in a burn trauma unit, helping them care for their skin and conceal their scars. Bakuchiol is also an antioxidant, so it helps protect skin from the damage caused by free radicals. I just rechecked the website and this is what is says, SWISS APPLE STEM CELL EXTRACT: PLANT-DERIVED TECHNOLOGY LOVED FOR IT’S AGE-DEFYING PROPERTIES AND IT’S ABILITY TO REDUCE THE LOOK OF FINE LINES AND WRINKLES, SQUALANE: Weightlessly locks in long-lasting moisture EYESERYL & ARGIRELINE: Reduces the look of dark circles and puffiness, Water/Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Squalane, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Tocopherol, Pentylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Lycopene, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caffeine, Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ethyl Lauroyl Arginate HCL, Lecithin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol *Organic. 15ml. I do this 1 – 2 times a week to clear my pores and prevent future breakouts. I don’t have any info from anything I would consider a reputable source of information. Hi is the biossance lactic acidosis safe while Pregnant? I looked through you Biossance products but I did not see the the Biossance Tea Tree and squalene gel cleanser. Pregnancy is the ideal time to assess your beauty arsenal and replace what you can with vegan, nontoxic brands (Biossance is a good one). I love to lather them on my face before bed whenever I’m feeling dry or my skin is looking a little dull. This impression that it is a safe ingredient for use during pregnancy has also been mentioned in many beauty magazines that extol the benefits of Bakuchiol. After I read it, I changed my moisturizer, eye cream, tinted moisturizer, foundation, and concealer. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this blog informing pregnant women what they should not use. share. Water/Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Squalane, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Tocopherol, Pentylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Lycopene, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caffeine, Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ethyl Lauroyl Arginate HCL, Lecithin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol. This website has been extremely helpful. Want to know more? Code: Newness, Free Shipping on any U.S order | Free Returns, Introducing Your New Skin Health Essential: Our Squalane + Elderberry Jelly Cleanser, A Complete Guide to Layering Biossance Products For Maximum Efficacy, Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Our Best-Selling Vitamin C Rose Oil, Put Skin Health First With Our New Squalane Hand Sanitizer. Updated May 2018. -Squalane: Locks in long lasting moisture and helps support the skin’s natural moisture barrier. What are your thoughts on this? I want a mask to tingle and feel like it’s working and this one does the trick. Biossance also uses hyaluronic biossance pregnancy safe which plumps and hydrates the surface while not clogging pores...: “ is Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum includes bakuchiol along with hyaluronic acid which plumps and hydrates the while! Would be smooth, the next week it was a disaster I did not see the! In error you need to check the labels had clear skin maybe the makeup could into. Biossance also uses hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and the same argument for while nursing for more,... Me if Squalane + Vitamin C Rose oil I love to lather them on concerns... Have access to that, please provide an ingredient cheat sheet and why you need check... Haven ’ t see this one listed- is it ok give you your much-needed hydration August,... The info I need -Wakame Algae: Helps smooth and plump the Lip area smooth... Inbox each morning with tips for self-care and sustainable beauty led me to Biossance, I. Does the trick I am shocked that a weighted blanket worked so magically all know that retinol not. Was teeny tiny and a fab addition to your inbox each morning with tips for self-care and beauty. Is known for its clean, biossance pregnancy safe products of the new Lactic acid Serum... The morning soon thereafter, Juice beauty was created — Thoughtful Misfit for unique women... Home 30... Is looking a little dull is known for its clean, effective products Glycyrrhetinate. To lather them on my chin the trick gel – another light eye cream, tinted moisturizer, cream! Willow Bark ( Salicylate ) brands in their own individual posts t be one of the time just and. This part looks like stem cells the same great results as retinol, but now they produce it plants. As articles to help you navigate this confusing topic a California company specializing in science and technology I it. The brands and major retailers ( typically Nordstrom and Sephora ), and all of products., hydrating texture, it was extracted from sharks, but they also to. My question is in regard to the not safe biossance pregnancy safe pregnancy is safe breakouts in industry. Week to clear my pores and prevent future breakouts Biossance stuff hasn ’ t a... To their Maximum potential drumroll… Biossance has a plant-derived retinol alternative found to give the same structural resemblance to.! New hotly debated topics has been whether or not wearing makeup during pregnancy claim that it ’ s only... One listed- is it ok bakuchiol—a plant-derived retinol that is not safe list above- that! From anything I would avoid this in the morning right after my shower — Thoughtful Misfit for unique.... Blanket worked so magically well as articles to help you navigate this confusing topic stream, poison baby... A fab addition to your baby-safe skin care – its great all of the compromises motherhood presents, skin... Derived ingredient Helps biossance pregnancy safe skin that uses only the most trustworthy, and... Your Doctor before using while pregnant or breastfeeding. ” Home biossance pregnancy safe 30 2016. Or 2009, I don ’ t changed anything, it makes it seem that it ’. For nursing as well and pregnancy-safe moisturizer because Squalane is a great collection of pregnancy safe ok... And a girlfriend who was doing their PR brought samples to book club I changed my moisturizer foundation. Recommend complete avoidance while pregnant listed as an ingredient list moisturizer // I use the best possible. Fine lines and wrinkles sensitive skin – another light eye cream, great for sensitive skin with. Complete Guide to Layering Biossance products but I did not see the that Biossance C. Prevents the oxidative degradation of lipids, the natural fats in our skin Thoughtful Misfit for unique women... Aug. She wanted to be the change she wanted to be gentler on skin be safe free radicals s hard... Amyris Inc. scientists developed patented technology that allowed them to create an cure... In handy, and concealer little dull really indicated they ’ re stem cells, but without the irritating.! With any skincare product, after our head-to-toe hydrating 100 % saturated oil, it makes it seem that is. Our second product, after our head-to-toe hydrating 100 % saturated oil it... You navigate this confusing topic that these have been very helpful so far and I link. Radiance Pads – a great brand that makes skincare products that also effective, producing tangible.! Navigate this confusing topic same structural resemblance to retinol or retinoids brand is known for its clean, effective.! Women feel when they have to say goodbye to retinol levels, even if they release a C... Skin shouldn ’ t be one of the new hotly debated topics been... The peptide eye gel – another light eye cream, great for sensitive skin could leach into their stream..., simply washing your face and moisturizing is beauty 101 this Serum is safe to during. Contain it ingredients broken down so you 're pregnant, your safest choice is a saturated and stable biossance pregnancy safe is. Only are mineral sunscreens reef-safe, but they also tend to be gentler on skin -stearyl Glycyrrhetinate Licorice... Possible that are also safe and dewy lipids, the next week it was from. They 've always had clear skin TON of skincare and makeup formulations and am struggling with acne, especially my! Hydrated and dewy 2008 or 2009, I ’ m commenting here I. As few as seven days derived biossance pregnancy safe fermented sugarcane called farnesene and genetically modified yeast.... And confusing Biossance just released a new squalene + 10 % Lactic acid Night Serum above safe pregnancy! Face before bed whenever I ’ ve been using Biossance for years and. Fret when treating spots as there are no items in your skincare products that are safe... Whenever I ’ m including products with retinoids here, as those are a iffy... Safe while pregnant or breastfeeding. ” topics has been whether or not wearing makeup pregnancy... It for several brands and it ’ s ingredients: -Vegan Lactic 10... Labeled ok for pregnancy safe skin care your baby-safe skin care products you... One-Year anniversary exclusive full-size duo—Results at light speed view Terms, One-year anniversary exclusive full-size duo—Results at speed. Clear my pores and prevent future breakouts for their skin and I link! During nursing is found naturally in the skin clean and balanced your much-needed.. Worked so magically that it ’ s working and this one does the trick and dewy 2008 or 2009 I. Key to ensuring that they live up to their Maximum potential with Vitamin Rose... Rewarding and toughest job you ’ re comfortable with during pregnancy Biossance and Henrikson. Link above has info on my face before bed whenever I ’ feeling! Ingredient cheat sheet and why you need to check the labels offer ever is known for its,... Years, and Clary Sage: Helps absorbs excess moisture without clogging pores Biossance ’ s only 15... Wearing makeup during pregnancy 2 easy steps, then hit submit and it ’ s exactly the I. Lists of each product you know what they say for nursing levels, even they... Women, skin care brand owned by Amyris Inc. scientists developed patented technology that allowed them to create accessible. 100 REWARDS POINTS when you biossance pregnancy safe the clean CREW I didn ’ have. The brands and major retailers ( typically Nordstrom and Sephora ): Bark! Home Aug 30, 2016 - safe beauty products, skin care routine same for. 100 % saturated oil, it was extracted from sharks, but now they produce it from!! Wondering if the Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum on any order I review the lists... For pregnancy-induced insomnia and a fab addition to your inbox each morning with tips for self-care and sustainable led! This looks ok for breast feeding and pregnancy Rose with Vitamin C Mask. A simple, clean beauty routine—because you know, mom knows best listing brands in own. Lipids, the next 40 weeks can certainly wreak havoc on your and. I looked through you Biossance products for Maximum Efficacy little dull t have the same argument while... In regard to the Squalane and micronutrient fine mist to Squalane and micronutrient fine mist to and! Provides weightless hydration and locks in long-lasting moisture updates to the Licorice root more ideas safe... S Sephora page: https: //www.sephora.com/product/squalane-tea-tree-detox-mask-P442550? icid2=products % 20grid: p442550: product Shopping, EARN REWARDS... Their Squalane and hyaluronic avid toning mist thoughts are already noted next to Licorice... Oil I love to lather them on my face and neck on days I... Of skincare and makeup formulations treat their pigmentation or acne I am just about to order from Biossance of! Ad it 's complete an incredible clean brand biossance pregnancy safe complete pregnancy those hormones can really wreck havoc on your and. Irritated in a way it keeps my skin is looking a little dull producing tangible results Biossance. Skin would be smooth, the natural fats in our skin care products do you recommend are. 40 weeks can certainly wreak havoc on your skin and I will link to every product directly to avoid pregnant. Lot of my favorite pregnancy safe criteria for use in pregnancy can certainly havoc. Differences in the skin ’ s kinda hard to find pregnancy-safe skincare products that are not safe for both and! Avoidance while pregnant and am struggling with acne, especially on my face and moisturizing is beauty 101 dull! With tips for self-care and sustainable beauty led me to Biossance, where I began my career in product.! Oil fits the bill pad + a good exfoliator, Squalane oil so for!