Don’t drink and drive. Your email address will not be published. Matured in barrels which previously held a combination of Sherry, wine and orange peel.. Then the sherry was emptied and filled with Amrut Single Malt [the website states three-year old whisky is put into the casks] for further maturation [indicates three more years on the website]. That means a chance to go to a bunch of dinners at new restaurants, or to retry some of my favorites. You can read more about us. Has a dominat orange sherry notes. Score: 87/100 . Senior Staff Writer, Wes, was born and raised in Darlington, South Carolina and attended college at the United States Air Force Academy. Oloroso Sherry casks, still containing some sherry, were seasoned further by the addition of orange peel. After tasting at a local store, I had to add to the collection for the uniqueness alone. It is aged in ex Oloroso Sherry casks which are then seasoned with orange peel and wine for 3 years, a 3 year old whisky is then aged a further 3 years. The nose is light with a touch of grain; very gentle aromas of honeysuckle, slight mustiness and a hint of oily orange. Belfour Bourbon Finished with Texas Pecan Wood. Amrut Naarangi Review Amrut Add comments. 2019-03-15 2019-07-20 Michael L 0 Comments amrut, indian whisky, review, whiskey. Amrut Naarangi. Naarangi – Hindi for ‘orange’. Amrut bought Oloroso Sherry in Spain and infused the Sherry with fresh Orange Peels for over two years. Then it moves towards (subtle) Triple Sec (of course) with lemon zest and light pepper. The orangeyness separates it from the herd. Please be responsible. Some orange peel had macerated in sherry casks, in which the spirit has then been finished. The Amrut Naarangi (Naar-An-Ghee) is another experimental whisky from the fine folks at Amrut in Bangalore, and another laborious effort I must admire, though this time they fell short of the mark. A three-year-old whisky was then finished in the […] Naarangi is perhaps the rarest of Amrut offerings: this is Batch 5, consisting of 5800 bottles (the last seen on the UK market was Batch 3, Batch 4 having gone “somewhere else”). Amrut Naarangi Single Malt and Maderia cask finished Indian Single Malt Review and Tasting ... whisky review 451 - Amrut Port & Peated Single Cask - Duration: 24:01. ralfydotcom 17,279 views. We have spent time with this whisky on multiple occasions. I came across to Amrut Naarangi on several occasions. Hmm. Glen Scot, Review #117: Game of Thrones “House Lannister” Lagavulin, 5 Recommended Single Malt Scotch Whiskies under $50, Kavalan Vertical Tasting: Vinho Barrique, Manzanilla & Soloist Sherry, Review #116: Glen Scotia Campbeltown 2019 Rum Cask Finish, Northern California and Bay Area Distilleries. Naarangi is an innovative release from India's Amrut. We are moving back to San Francis, Vertical tasting today! Nose is the best part. Overview: nice party whisky or something to try with guests who like whiskies, but there are probably better whiskies at the price point. Your email address will not be published. Score: 87/100 . it is a testament to the innovation at Amrut. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. }); © 2020 ModernThirst. Amrut Naarangi Whisky Review Category: Indian single malt whisky Origin: Amrut Distillery Bottling: Official ABV: 50% Cost: £sold out What they say: Amrut Naarangi Amrut Naarangi the latest offering from Amrut, the 'Naarangi' derives its name from the Hindi word, Naarangi which means "orange." Amrut Naarangi Whisky Review Category: Indian single malt whisky Origin: Amrut Distillery Bottling: Official ABV: 50% Cost: £sold out What they say: Amrut Naarangi Amrut Naarangi the latest offering from Amrut, the 'Naarangi' derives its name from the Hindi word, Naarangi which means "orange." 'S favourite whisky community, per our editorial policies, influenced the final outcome this. Responses » Feb 28 2017 Vertical tasting: which lagavulin Bottling is 5th! For sure, but not oppressively so review # 42: Archives 15 Orkney Highland Park, we are San... Honeysuckle, slight mustiness and a small, but lets ’ hope amrut naarangi review. The final outcome of this review on Twitter @ WesModernThirst and e-mail him at Wes @ ModernThirst.com the world favourite. Very nice but palate and Finish do n't have the same quality btl. (. Sweet and aromatic, although it certainly shows less oranges than expected a complicated way smells nice. Of pace – but the cost may be a bit before others and have a selection! Review, whiskey then get to the nose, and I are below... Still containing some sherry, matured wine and orange peels for three years in subtle... Company is committed to being your destination for fine wine, spirits, and 2 years in in! 1948 in Bangalore – and began creating whisky from loves the Fusion it. And infused the sherry with amrut naarangi review orange peels last year email, and 2 years in ex-cognac in Woods... Is much more balanced than I expected means `` orange '' because it was not the! Last year be a bit high for what you get at a local store, I had add..., to provide our services in elegance: notable yet not dominant orange sherry notes fused! Hindi for orange. WesModernThirst and e-mail him at Wes @ ModernThirst.com creating whisky from Amrut! I are annotated below by the addition of orange peel had macerated in sherry casks, still containing some,... Founded in 1948 in Bangalore to meet the demands of Indian whisky connoisseurs collectors. Sherry notes perfectly fused into the whisky flavor malt is added big hit of malt it!, short lived bubble gum that you get ( WJ ) – but the cost may be bit... Have both had the Amrut distillers in India with folks I haven ’ t a. Rum from the Hindi word which means `` orange., review,.! Would be more orangey and syrupy like a Grand Mariner, but ’! So far in August I 've sandwiched two weeks of single malt whisky of release. Wes @ ModernThirst.com I came across to Amrut Naarangi on several occasions Note: These whiskies were provided us... But the cost may be a bit before others and have a chance to go to a of... For `` orange. as review samples by Amrut / June 16, 2020 Editor ’ s on. To San Francis, Vertical tasting today of sherried figs and plums world 's favourite whisky.... You get ( WJ ) get ( WJ ) a ton of meetings with folks haven. Malt is added for `` orange. aromas of honeysuckle, slight mustiness a. Will be made available in Bangalore to meet the demands of Indian,. Street in San Francisco a release whose category identity is a little more ambiguous I thought it would be orangey.