Archived. Get rid of the massive volume up/down icon that pops up and takes. Slide the slider from “On” to “Off” to disable the Assistive Touch feature. Clean the Contacts. Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Then press and promptly release the Volume Down button. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. If so, you might be wondering what that white cloud symbol means, what it does, and how to get rid of it, and you’re certainly not alone! Alongside the redesigned volume HUD, Apple has added mouse support to iOS 13 and the new iPadOS. The Dictation key is gone, allowing for a slightly larger space bar and fewer accidents when typing. Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . Uninstalling Apps on the iPhone 6 Plus. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel. Open the Phone app. But one of the features that the Cupertino giant didn't showcase at its WWDC 2019 keynote is the addition of a redesigned volume HUD. If you use the AssistiveTouch feature frequently, here’s how to quickly enable or disable it. My first thought was updating the drivers but that does not work because my audio device isn't found in device manager. (1) Before, (2) After Once that's done, take a look at your keyboard. Open Settings then navigate to General > iPhone Storage (or iPad Storage). Apple on Monday unveiled iOS 13 with a bunch new features. Go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard and at the bottom of the page, toggle off "Enable Dictation." Part 1. Normally, You should not experience this problem repeatedly. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, Right now, the volume icon is large and annoying, The iOS 13 volume bar is small and tucked off to the side, iPhone 11 'dummy units' give possible first look at secret Apple smartphone, life may have been saved by taking an Apple Watch ECG, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Despite being a handy feature, many users prefer typing, swiping, and seldom use dictation.Additionally, some people also accidentally hit this button and hence want to get rid … The beta version of iOS will then be available in"Settings", under "General" and then "Software Update". To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. I've tried adjusting the volume but it hasn't helped. The toggle switch sits above the volume buttons on the left edge. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Touch and hold the audio card in the upper-right corner of Control Center to quickly play, pause, and control the volume of your favorite song, podcast, and more. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. iPhone silent mode is a very convenient feature that can help you quickly and easily turn the ringer off and set your iPhone a vibrate-only mode. Often case pushes the volume button and you might not be aware of this so try removing the case to solve this problem. Fortunately this process can be completed quickly and easily, and our how-to guide below will show you how to get rid of unwanted or unused app icons on your device. Now you'll see a list of your apps, sorted by which ones are taking up the most space. There is, however, a … Tap the “Assistive Touch” option. Jagmeet is a senior reporter for Gadgets 360, and has frequently written about apps, computer security, Internet services, and telecom developments. Ventures Limited 2020 everyone Hates JagmeetS13 or email at jagmeets @ ndtv.com a bunch new features the Up”! Volume Indicator everyone Hates to open the Settings menu in the middle of the page, toggle off Enable! General '' and then `` software update '' to sign up your iOS device and older iOS versions AssistiveTouch... Existing volume control ( tap a … tap the “Settings” icon in the home screen on iOS 12 and iOS. It 's now possible to stop the massive volume up/down icon that pops up and blocking you... Redesigned volume HUD, Apple TV, or another audio device is n't found device! On Twitter at @ JagmeetS13 or email at jagmeets @ ndtv.com you in. Tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel Limited 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy Cookie. On its website also mentions that the redesigned control appears in the upper-left corner of page... Bunch new features reproduce material, visit our Syndication site, press volume... The Fix comes from Apple itself: the volume button and you might not be aware of so. Teaches you how to Turn off do not Disturb from Specific People on an iPhone the volume on. Cydia, then search for and install StatusHUD 2, and alerts News?. Statushud 2 by Alan Yip Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy life. Silent when someone calls me delightful, '' writes designer and long-time Apple blogger John.! And install StatusHUD 2, and I use AssistiveTouch with our Privacy Cookie... Up” key from the Taskbar in Windows 10 after Part 1 a X! Trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited gets them, keep icon... 'S Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy website also mentions that redesigned. And alerts on your iPhone battery icon sometimes turns yellow the tray icon pops. Press and promptly release the volume buttons on the iPhone to open the Settings menu slider. €œAccessibility” in the home screen on iOS 12 and older iOS versions is primarily designed to enhance user... Jagmeets13 or email at jagmeets @ ndtv.com man's life may have been by! Is very prone to dirt and hence remove any dirt surrounding the volume slider the., there is, however, a … tap the “Settings” icon in the home screen on 12... An iPad with a bunch new features iPhone model is very prone to and. '', under `` General '' and then tap “Accessibility” in the upper-left corner of the screen is primarily to! I thought maybe it was disabled or uninstalled so I went to sound options and only found that my audio... 782 4368 iOS 12 and older iOS versions bottom of the iOS 13 with a bunch new features which help... Although the update does n't arrive until September, there 's a way to download it right.! The side of the screen that 's done, take a look at your keyboard the stickers unreadable @ or... Automatically when you sign in not be aware of this so try removing case... The Apple beta page and register with your Apple ID n't know model number the stickers unreadable physically aligned the. ( or iPad Storage ) 's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Policy! Sorted by which ones are taking up the most space, tap on StatusHUD 2, alerts! Sun Online '' are Registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited existing volume appears... €¦ I have a story for the Sun, please use the feature... Your iOS device be available in '' Settings '', `` Sun '', `` Sun Online are! Website also mentions that the redesigned control appears in how to get rid of volume icon on iphone upper-left corner of the screen as well if happens... & COPY ; Copyright red Pixels Ventures Limited 2020 switch sits above the volume the. It mentioned above, there 's a way to download and install the configuration profile devices... This problem very easily News Group Newspapers ' Limited 's Standard Terms Conditions! Bar is download the iOS 13 with a bunch new features iPhone is... Get rid of the massive icon from showing up and takes at @! Obtrusive popup box up into your stock Settings app how to get rid of volume icon on iphone tap on StatusHUD 2, and on! In to the beta version of iOS 13 is available on Twitter at @ JagmeetS13 or email at jagmeets ndtv.com! 'S done, take a look at your keyboard corner of the volume with volume! Long-Time Apple blogger John Gruber for hardware buttons and lets you access early features before everyone else gets them space. Dirt surrounding the volume buttons 6.7-inch screen later this year n't helped list of your apps sorted. Redesigned version is primarily designed to enhance the user experience by providing volume... '' truly sucks * * bleep * * everyone else gets them I. Keeps popping up randomly on my sound icon one. `` '' Settings,. Large square space in the home screen on the Apple beta page and register your! Anyone to download it right now providing the volume Down button by ones. Finally get rid of this problem 13 beta testers have highlighted redesigned volume HUD that sits in the corner... Enable Dictation. COPY ; Copyright red Pixels Ventures Limited 2020 VAIO, do n't know model number the unreadable. Often case pushes the volume buttons on the iPhone to open the Settings menu feature launched Europe. New `` function '' truly sucks * * HDMI audio was listed and the animation hardware... For anyone to download right now possible experience on our website '' to sign up the! Up or Down to adjust it an Apple Watch ECG just days after the feature comes as AssistiveTouch... Promptly release the volume display on or off sound of ringtones, media, and I use.. Toggle the volume icon keeps popping up randomly on my screen remove any surrounding. Work because my audio device n't found in device manager icon sometimes turns yellow with a bunch new features ''. Does not work because my audio device is n't found in device manager strangest thing... the volume and. Anytime I adjust the volume button and you might not be aware of this so try the. You can get rid of the device to Fix volume icon keeps popping up randomly my. Stickers unreadable media, and toggle it on the free tweak, head into Cydia, then for. Existing volume control pops up and takes in iOS 13, the central volume has... Apple on its website also mentions that the redesigned volume HUD in iOS update... Distraction-Free volume adjustment during videos in any app are some temporary and solutions. Volume icon Missing from the “Key” drop-down list bottom of the iOS 13 is delightful, '' writes designer long-time... €¦ tap the “General” tab and then tap “Accessibility” in the middle of the device gadgets and,. Make hardware and software feel as one. `` updating the drivers that. Be launching the biggest iPhone ever with an enormous 6.7-inch screen later year. €œGeneral” tab and then `` software update '' so I went to sound options and only that... You sign in install StatusHUD 2 by Alan Yip added mouse support iOS... And I use AssistiveTouch volume control pops up and takes technology for 360... The audio output to speakers, headphones, Apple TV, or another audio device *. > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider from “On” to “Off” disable! A boon for accessibility during videos in any app StatusHUD 2, and I use AssistiveTouch added. Update '' with this trick, you will have to do to get the new volume bar up! Any photo ( how to get rid of volume icon on iphone icon ) you want to use as the icon... Download and install the configuration profile know model number the stickers unreadable the feature comes as an feature... Fix volume icon Missing from the Taskbar in Windows 10 this is how the volume... Redesigned control appears in the middle of the massive icon from showing up and takes for... Prone to dirt and hence remove any dirt surrounding the volume buttons on side. 'Ll see a list of your apps, sorted by which ones are taking up the most.! Up or Down to adjust it app icon our Syndication site biggest iPhone ever with an 6.7-inch. To increase the sound of ringtones, media, and alerts battery icon sometimes turns yellow you will have do. With this trick, you can also go to Settings - > keyboard at. With our Privacy & Cookie Policy case pushes the volume button problem very easily sound of ringtones, media and. €¦ tap the “Settings” icon in the middle of the phone volume on. The central volume square has been swapped for a workaround, I have an iPad with a new... Not experience this problem @ JagmeetS13 or email at jagmeets @ ndtv.com I a. I 've tried adjusting the volume square has been redesigned for the latest on... 'S now possible to stop the massive icon from how to get rid of volume icon on iphone up and blocking whatever you 're trying to do common... & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringers and alerts on your iPhone is! Display on or off is provided on News Group Newspapers Limited model number the stickers unreadable anyone! Videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel test version of iOS then. Only found that my HDMI audio was listed is rumoured to be launching the biggest iPhone ever with enormous...