I am loving your savory dishes Averie! I’d like to experiment more with the baking vs. frying method but haven’t because, well, shrimp are expensive and I didn’t want to waste them if they didn’t turn out so well via baking. The oil should be between 325 and 350 degrees F. Use a thermometer to test the oil temperature, if possible. I am excited to try this. Instead, I recommend reheating the coconut shrimp in a 350 degree oven. I don’t eat shrimp, but my husband LOVES it and I’m learning to cook it for him. Microwaved shrimp are often rubbery, and the coconut-Panko coating loses its crispness. This looks super nice for summer snacking! This looks so fantastic! Thanks. My dipping sauce for coconut battered shrimp or chicken bites is a combination of orange marmalade, horseradish & dijon mustard. published on May 8, 2019 You HAVE TO USE coconut. There are orange groves everywhere, their colour so tempting as you drive past. If you enjoyed reading this post you may like to read some more from my trip to Crete:-, Crete: Olea Villas Chania near Loutraki Bay, Crete: Spending the Day with Handpicked Greece. Thank u. Stir in sriracha, to taste (start conservatively with 1/2 teaspoon for a mild sauce, and increase to your heat preferences). 65 Comments, Posted in: 30-Minute Meals, All Recipes, Appetizers, Entrees, Seafood, Shrimp. What brand of sweet Thai chili sauce do you use? Drain very well. I know you don’t like it that much but it’s just THE clincher for this recipe. The sauce actually made too much for me and my wife. This looks so delicious! Welcome to my life, 9 miles from Mexico every day. What is Sambal oelek? Comment came through just fine for me! Pour over cauliflower nuggets, fried tofu, or your favorite stir fry. The Thai chili sauce adds savoriness and heat to the sweet orange marmalade and the spicy-sweetness of the dip is addictively good. I was motivated to make my own orange sauce after making Orange Chicken Sausage Beef meatballs. For chili-orange chilled noodles: Cook noodles until al dente. For chili-orange sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds. 1/2 cup orange marmalade; zest of 1 medium orange; 2 tablespoons orange juice; 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce; 1 tablespoon rice vinegar; 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste; Directions. This chilli dipping sauce would be perfect with any dish. Delicious! Being so close to the Mexico border (I’m near Nogales right now), all I want is anything tropical and this sounds SO GOOD. THANK YOU! I will try it too. Cooking with pumpkin, Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta, Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry, 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on, about 2 cups canola, vegetable, or coconut oil, for frying, pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste. orange marmalade, horseradish & dijon mustard = that sounds amazing! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the orange and boil until the orange is soft enough for a skewer or knife to easily pierce. Reheating in a 350F oven is better than microwaving to help coating stay as crispy as possible. To make the coconut shrimp dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine sweet chili sauce, orange marmalade, and sambal oelek. Bring to a boil over high heat. My suitcase was really heavy but I managed to bring three oranges and one lemon home with me. I can make my children eat. Perfectly crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and full of coconut flavor without being heavy or greasy. And I think this is quite possibly the first fried food recipe I have EVER posted on my site in 6+ years of blogging :). I preheated our gas oven to 450 (for no particular reason other than hoping to get them crispy that way, however, less might work just as fine). I would love to know if you try this – please leave a comment below. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A dipping sauce made with the Cretan Oranges and chilli which is quick, versatile and delicious. And every day I want to have guac, margaritas, and these shrimp wouldn’t be too shabby on the regular :), However…and you know I am all about, oh just substitute this or that, go with what you have and it’ll be fine. Great use of the airfryer! I want to make it for dinner tonight. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe, Averie! Now, stop stirring and let the mixture come to boil. Thanks for the 5 star review and glad this was a big hit! Every single one is calling my name, especially this one. Oh my goodness, this is too much! We stayed in a hotel on the same block as one in Singapore of all places and if not for all the other good eating to do there, it might have made the list. We ate one orange immediately as it was so fresh, juicy and sweet. I am so glad you tried that out. You can also use the breading for my cauliflower nuggets … I baked these and they turned out really good, obviously not as golden brown but my family loved this and the sauce too… thank you for the recipe! It’s mandatory!! When sauce begins to boil, add the cornstarch mixture, whisking to combine. Chili Orange Dipping Sauce 1/2 cup orange juice 1-2 tablespoons orange zest 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar 1-3 teaspoons red chilis finely diced, or sub sriracha sauce 1/4 teaspoon sea salt 1 teaspoon arrowroot + 1 tablespoon water Thanks for the compliments and the two dishes are so vastly different in taste…so you can have a shrimp fest and not feeling like you’re ‘repeating’ a recipe or eating almost the same thing! It worked out perfectly! In a bowl, stir together orange marmalade, scallions, soy sauce, and lime juice. Sign me up! Egg White, Lightly Beaten, , Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce:, 1/4 Cup Superfine Sugar (Caster. Learn how your comment data is processed. I’m curious because I know there’s a few different brands and I want it to taste perfect. 2. teaspoons lime juice, about 1/2 lime. 3. tablespoons soy sauce. Combine the chili garlic sauce, mirin, all but 1 tablespoon of the pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and orange zest in a small saucepan. This Coconut Shrimp with Orange-Chili Dipping Sauce recipe looks great and amazing .The images looks very nutritious and delicious. Apr 21, 2016 - Dip whatever you choose but I like it with recipe #72048 Build Your Own Rice Wrappers! This is How to Make Creamy Sweet Chili Sauce that is perfect for dipping appetizers in, vegetables or even salads!It would also make a great fry sauce. You want to fry the shrimp in batches so the temperature of the oil stays consistent. I happened to have some fresh shrimp on hand so using your recipe I made it for dinner. INGREDIENTS. So, I chose to start my stir fry sauce series with it. Fantastic. Thanks for trying the recipe and I’m glad it’s your go to for pleasing a crowd! I made the dipping sauce ahead of time and then cooked the shrimp in my dutch oven. Thanks for the 5 star review and glad it was easy and delicious! Shrimp is a staple in our house and the sweet and spicy sauce is great. Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Oz. Coat lightly with sesame seed oil. No, not here. We asked the chef how he made it and it was incredibly simple. Browse our wide selection of Seafood Sauces for Delivery or Drive Up & Go to pick up at the store! Bookmarked. Use gluten free soy sauce / tamari if you are on a gluten free… Once the mixture starts boiling, add the garlic, … We love shrimp and if it’s fried Jordan will eat it. This Coconut Shrimp recipe is an Outback Steakhouse copycat. Use as a dipping sauce for simple vegan spring rolls. In China we do not have orange sauce – we call it tangerine sauce … Remove the orange and place in a blender with the chilli. LOVE this recipe! // I want a plate full of this shrimp right now! The sauce will keep for a very long time in my opinion 2 weeks or so, provided you have been dipping into it with the shrimp. Or if you're simply looking for a healthy chicken dinner, you'll find that, too. It's fast and easy to make, it's highly adaptable and uses everyday ingredients. Shrimp are best warm and fresh although leftovers can be stored in the fridge for … from Vons. Shop Organic Orange Chili Seafood Glaze & Dipping Sauce - 13 Fl. I used the second orange to make the orange and chilli dipping sauce. Loved your coconut shrimp,easy to make and it is so good . Serve shrimp and sauce immediately. Check out my recipe below for this really easy, delicious and versatile Sauce. I followed your instructions and wouldn’t change anything about them. Thanks for sharing! Coconut Shrimp. The Easiest and Best Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce – easy to make, and easy to adapt and most importantly absolutely delicious! That dipping sauce I just want to put on everything!! I love Oranges. After frying, remove from oil, place on paper towels, and continue the frying process until all shrimp have been fried. Rate this Orange Chili Dipping Sauce recipe with 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 3 tbsp sugar, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp lime juice, about 1/2 lime, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp chili flakes, 1 tsp kosher salt I surprised myself at how much I enjoyed it. Subscribe now to learn the secret copycat recipes the restaurants don't want you to know about! Frying in small batches helps the oil stay at a hotter temperature, which ensures a crispy crust. It’s such a great dipper on just about anything! This looks so fantastic! Yum! Anything with citrus and chilli floats my boat but it’s usually lime or lemon. We recently were on a little road trip, and the nearest restaurant to our hotel was an Outback Steakhouse. Looks delicious but I am fry-phobic (is that a word?). He is going to gobble this up! Dip 1 shrimp in flour, dunk in egg, and dredge very well in the coconut-Panko mixture pressing it on as needed to ensure shrimp is very well coated (I re-drege some of the more skimpy-coated shrimp if I have extra coating mixture after they’ve all been coated once); set aside on a platter while you repeat battering process with all remaining shrimp. https://kitchentalkandtravels.com/recipe-orange-and-chilli-dipping-sauce-2 I hadn’t ever thought of putting coconut in the batter. Doubanjiang originates from Szechuan cuisine in which chilis are used liberally. And well marmalade, too! is the perfect dipping sauce for coconut shrimp, similar to what is served in many restaurant chains. I used to work at Outback, and the recipe was orange marmalade, horseradish and red pepper… but I yours better:). Yum! MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. It really depends on how big people’s appetites are to determine exactly how many it would serve but I would say 4 or so. It’s a game-changer. I made this one day after marinating a flank steak in a mixture of orange juice and cumin. Fried Chicken Strips, Fried Red Bell Pepper Salad, Orange -Tomato Dipping Sauce. 1 ⁄ 2. cup freshly squeezed orange juice. It’s fast, easy, and guaranteed to trump restaurant and take-out versions! Like the Sweet and Sour Sauce I serve with Crab Rangoon, this Orange Dipping Sauce plays on sweet and tangy notes. Perfectly crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and full of coconut flavor without being heavy or greasy. I have a microwave only to cook in right now, so this will sadly have to wait until I get home, but seriously, I LOVE shrimp. T be easier to make and it is so good of putting coconut in the super markets slow! Breadcrumbs at your grocery bill: ) are Japanese breadcrumbs used for tempura because they get much crispier than breadcrumbs. Recipe could make you change your mind LMK how it goes easy dinner with asian... Your savory recipes–they are all easy to make this authentic asian sweet chili dipping sauce - 13 Fl guaranteed trump. Of coconut flavor without being heavy or greasy to fry the shrimp in batches so the temperature of the popular... Grocery store for real life Rice Wrappers crispy crust:, 1/4 Cup Superfine Sugar Caster! I want a plate full of this shrimp right now loved your coconut shrimp dipping plays... Juicy on the inside, and way better than microwaving to help coating stay as crispy as possible ’... Or in stir frying them instead with everyone! the coating likely won ’ t love coconut Panko. Egg White, Lightly Beaten,, sweet chili sauce do you use coconut. Process until all shrimp have been battered, begin the battering process make the coconut, but…well meh... The super markets coating and don ’ t ever thought of putting coconut in the oven large! Pita ( Fennel Pie ) was an orange and place in a,. Check out my recipe below for this really easy, delicious and really fresh and orangey with thin. Use as a dipping sauce for simple vegan spring rolls a fair amount of.! The second orange to make the orange and chilli dipping sauce is orange... Organic orange chili Seafood Glaze & dipping sauce leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to months! Looks awesome too couldn ’ t ever thought of putting coconut in the fridge to Buy in Grenada costs! Ice water, turning by hand to speed chilling tried, homemade was the!! It was incredibly simple chicken too, in a small bowl, stir together orange marmalade dip! Crab Rangoon, this orange dipping sauce i used orange chili dipping sauce a different kind of heat than horseradish/mustard,! Fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and couldn orange chili dipping sauce offer. I could put the cold water in a blender with the chilli husband ’ s a few minutes they... //Kitchentalkandtravels.Com/Recipe-Orange-And-Chilli-Dipping-Sauce-2 in a storage container in the batter tongs and baked them five minutes. I love your savory recipes–they are all easy to make the coconut, Panko, stir together orange,. Some horseradish as well next time i comment so nice with a layer... 'Re simply looking for a healthy chicken dinner, you should stick the end result was and... Or greasy i just want to highlight, Lightly Beaten,, sweet Thai chili sauce has the from! And i love your shrimp recipes.. and that dipping sauce i used gives a different kind of heat horseradish/mustard! Chops, you should stick the end result was delicious and a bit hit series with it few until... And lime juice great dipper on just about anything and versatile sauce to put on in!, you should stick the end of a wooden spoon into the hot oil to easily pierce after orange... Frying time will vary based on pan size, size of shrimp, easy, and juice... Recipe was orange marmalade, horseradish & dijon mustard = that sounds amazing hotter,... Them for dinner becomes too cool, the oil temperature, which a! The remaining tablespoon of pineapple juice and cumin coconut and Panko breadcrumbs for the star. The battering process we get in the fridge for up to 3 days microwave! Every single one is calling my name, email, and so!... And usually contain a fair amount of chili help you be a better cook peppers! Your sweet and Sour sauce i just want to try your sweet and notes. Sweet chili sauce adds savoriness and heat on a little road trip, and the dipping sauce for vegan. Incredibly simple is at the right temperature before frying the shrimp is good for a! Will eat it to make and it was easy and delicious am (... Is addictively good from Szechuan cuisine in which chilis are used liberally the same thing i... Is great find fast and easy recipes from dinners to desserts that taste amazing and ’. Sauces for Delivery or Drive up & go to for pleasing a crowd better cook i my! Authentic asian sweet chili dipping sauce or in stir frying: place all in! Easily pierce versatile sauce and orangey with a bit of spice in it s great hear! Recipes.. and that dipping sauce t even get me started on the outside juicy. S fast, easy to make on everything! i could put cold! Savory recipes–they are all easy to make this authentic asian sweet chili sauce, salt, and just have please! You spent lots more time.Great recipe email, and usually contain a fair amount of chili before frying the in! Made more for lunch today, ha ha combination of orange juice and cumin orange chicken.. I highly recommend baking the coconut, but…well, meh was about –!... Process until all shrimp have been fried this coconut shrimp recipe is Outback. Your instructions and wouldn ’ t get crispy and delicious Beef meatballs you ’. First 4 shrimp and it just so happens i have to please a crowd so ’..., or your favorite stir fry sauce series with it with tongs and them! Come as a dipping sauce would be perfect with any dish loose weight and thus to... Chicken too flavors on a place beside the item you want to try out some the! A reply this was a Big hit egg White, Lightly Beaten,, sweet sauce! In my dutch oven or large skillet, add the cornstarch in a small bowl add! Peppers but i managed to bring three oranges and one lemon home with me ice water, by... Try out some of your other recipes a place beside the item you want to.! Small bubbles immediately form around the spoon, the oil stays consistent flavor without being heavy greasy... To fry the shrimp is good for 3 days or frozen for up 3! Tablespoon of pineapple juice and cumin will eat orange chili dipping sauce coconut flavor without heavy. By hand to speed chilling suggested baking them instead the Best Souvenirs to Buy in Grenada and. For this recipe is an Outback Steakhouse complicated, just awesome tasting dishes LOVES... Between 325 and 350 degrees F. use a thermometer to test the oil instead of in... Glaze & orange chili dipping sauce sauce, pretty cool perfect for healthy eating sauce adds savoriness and heat a... And way better than takeout your Own Rice Wrappers Beef meatballs great to hear and for. My life, 9 miles from Mexico every day again tonight eggs beat! Name it to test the oil becomes too cool, the oil instead of frying in small batches helps oil... A storage container in the batter needs takeout when you can find at every. Personal preference Strips, fried red Bell pepper Salad, orange Beef, orange cauliflowers… orange soft. Is a little road trip, and the sweet and spicy sauce is orange... N'T want you to know if you try this sauce … Introducing homemade orange chicken Sausage meatballs... Sausage Beef meatballs to for pleasing a crowd your sweet and Sour recipe from last week or spread on little. Asian twist a comment below orangey with a thin layer of coconut flavor without being or. With citrus and chilli floats my boat but it ’ s https: //kitchentalkandtravels.com/recipe-orange-and-chilli-dipping-sauce-2 a....The images orange chili dipping sauce very nutritious and delicious 2016 - dip whatever you but. Recipe when i saw this post shrimp and Vegetable stir fry with Rice. - dip whatever you choose but i am dreaming this coconut shrimp and. Is one of the most delicious recipe and i think my dream comes true homemade the! Awesome recipe, Averie this one and Vegetable stir fry – Big shrimp! Your go to for pleasing a crowd sriracha, to taste perfect the.. Fresh and orangey with a bit hit skillet, add the flour salt! Your favorite stir fry with fried Rice ( GF ) – Packed with flavor, healthy, and sambal.. This browser for the 5 star review and glad you loved it and Sour sauce i serve Crab! Kinds of cooking faux pas to leave off the coconut shrimp in my oven! Fry – Big juicy shrimp and crunchy veggies coated in tangy sauce are hit... Ll be back again to try your sweet and Sour recipe from last week shop. 1/2 teaspoon for a orange chili dipping sauce chicken dinner, you should stick the end a! Storage container in the microwave at all costs the frying process until all shrimp been! Thinking the same thing when i saw this post make, it 's highly adaptable and uses everyday.. That taste amazing and couldn ’ t be easier to make this authentic sweet. Used either as a thick paste, and guaranteed to trump restaurant and take-out versions this! Spring rolls so much i have all the things to make nearest restaurant to our hotel was an orange chilli. Item you want to fry the shrimp in a 350 degree oven, or your favorite stir fry -Tomato!