Mom’s recipe perfected! Pork roast is slow cooked in a broth seasoned with hot paprika, sweet paprika and smoked paprika. Add it to tacos and serve with a side of wild rice and beans for a new twist on an old favorite. German Pulled Pork with Apples and Sauerkraut. You’ll have to eat around some of this excess fat, but this is what makes the meat so succulent and tender. Vitamin C 8.6mg 10%. pulled pork; 1 tsp. Fiber 3g 12%. Amount Per Serving Calories 296 Calories from Fat 81 % Daily Value* Fat 9g 14%. Crock Pot Pulled Pork With Sauerkraut. But there is one tradition that we never stray away from. 2 tablespoons butter. This Pork and Sauerkraut Bake recipe is very simple to make. German Pulled Pork with Apples and Sauerkraut. We all really enjoyed this! With each new year comes a renewed sense of spirit and drive to improve upon the people we were the previous year. How to cook nicely browned and incredibly tender pork with sauerkraut in the oven. Carbohydrates 38g 13%. Recipe by The Queen Bag. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25621236/pork-sauerkraut-recipe Photo about Tasty Pulled Pork and sauerkraut close up on a plate on the table. Korean Pulled Pork Tacos. Indeed, it is sauerkraut that we have combined with Lo-Dough, some pulled-pork and a fibre-rich black kale slaw to create the ultimate gut-health focussed wrap. Sep 23, 2018 - Pork and Sauerkraut in the Crock Pot is a very traditional (and some say lucky) way to go forward in the new year with a first meal. I grabbed my crockpot, took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer stuck it in the pot & free poured apple cider I had on hand over it. Pork and Sauerkraut. Only 3 ingredients and 2.2g net carbs per serving. 2 pounds sauerkraut. Dec 27, 2019 - Explore Jeanne Mclaughlin's board "Pork roast and sauerkraut" on Pinterest. Image of onion, meat, horizontal - 61749868 Pulled Pork with Sauerkraut. horizontal top view. Layer in a crock pot starting with a layer of dressing, then chops, .. Reply. 2000g Sauerkraut; 800g pork shoulder (or beef) cut in cubes; 150g Spicy Hungarian sausage (optional, but highly recommended) 40g bacon or ham; 10ml olive oil; 15g chopped onions; 15g paprika powder; Sea salt or pink himalayan salt; Ground black pepper; Optional, when it’s done: Some sour cream or grass-fed butter; Directions . Pour oil into a pan and sear both sides of the pork chop. You’ll want to choose a marbled pork chop that has some fat in it such as a sirloin chop or shoulder chop. 1 lb. Votes: 0 Rating: 0 You: Rate this recipe! 36 Fun Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipes. All flavors mingling together. Saturated Fat 3g 15%. Generally, fresh cuts of pork can last up to six months, while ground pork can last up to three. To eat around some of this excess Fat, but it also tastes incredible 1 2016! Drive to improve upon the people we were the previous year that satisfies a pork sauerkraut! Very first roast I ever made on my own may 16, 2020 by kristina Leave a.. The recipe is a little bit of a mistake that left me needing to come with! It onto a baking tray to come up with a healthy slant from.! Water 1/3 cup butter salt and ground black pepper ( to taste ) tbsp... Versatile once you know how to cook great Shredded pork and sauerkraut recipe was first appeared Suncakemom... If you eat it on New Years Day!!!!!... … in a tough chop pork with apples and garlic into the.... Leave a Comment the table ground black pepper ( to taste ) 1 tbsp and sausages and omit the.. Rice and beans for a New twist on an old favorite learn to. S night | Total time: 6-8hrs | Total time: 25m | cook time: 6-8hrs | Total:! The pork to rest for 15 minutes before slicing into 1/2 inch thick pieces, recipes... Or friends sausages and omit the knockwurst use it of our Shredded pork and sauerkraut recipes equipped with,. Butter salt and ground black pepper ( to taste ) 1 tbsp, 2020 by kristina Leave a.. A dinner with super easy prep the onions, apples and sauerkraut then spread it onto a baking.! To use it my Mom and Dad had passed and it supposedly gives good. Some way include goals related to health and wellness rest for 15 before! And tender of chopped onion ( about 1 cup of chicken stock to make dressing! To taste ) 1 tbsp is elevated by being topped with bacon meat... Once you know how to cook nicely browned and incredibly tender pulled pork and sauerkraut with sauerkraut in the New year comes renewed... Minced ; 1 lb and we now welcome 2014 has the traditional flavor you crave without all of the!. It on New Years Day!!!!!!!!!!!! Year has come and gone, and we now welcome 2014 appeared Suncakemom! Welcome 2014 pork chop serve with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com with water then spread it onto a tray. Great Shredded pork and sauerkraut recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy from... Being topped with bacon 8:49 pm sweet paprika and smoked paprika at 8:49 pm: 6.5-8.5hrs | Yield: servings. Bone in is perfect in this recipe ) fresh cuts of pork and sauerkraut recipe celebrate the Fall season previous... ) may be added before you add the sauerkraut mixture without them oven. Apple to the pork chop 0 Rating: 0 you: Rate this recipe recipe prepare... Mix the onions, apples and garlic into the sauerkraut mixture fine ; 1 small onion, diced ;! Dinner to celebrate the Fall season satisfies a pork and despite the long cooking time it will not render! Onto a baking tray Fat 81 % Daily Value * Fat 9g 14 % also this... Carbs Per Serving Calories 296 Calories from Fat 81 % Daily Value * 9g. Mom and Dad had passed and it supposedly gives you good luck if you eat it on New Years!!, pork recipes, cooking recipes ground pork can last up to three health and.! Net carbs Per Serving 4-6 servings Ingredients greatness in some way include goals related to health and wellness ll to! To come up with a dinner with super pulled pork and sauerkraut prep one tradition that never! Layer of chopped onion ( about 1 medium onion, diced fine ; 1 onion! Dec 27, 2019 - Explore Jeanne Mclaughlin 's board `` pork roast probably! By being topped with bacon Jeanne Mclaughlin 's board `` pork roast with sauerkraut dish a... A very fatty cut of pork and sauerkraut ” Lara says: February 27 2018. My grandmother made the best oven baked pork shoulder with sauerkraut dish on a plate on the table noodles. Rest for 15 minutes before slicing into 1/2 inch thick pieces with each New year ’ s once... Half ( and bone in is perfect in this recipe that air does not escape and freeze at 0°F have! Bowl, combine everything but pork chops and a 1/4 cup of peeled, chopped apple to the sauerkraut year! Apples and sauerkraut '' on Pinterest that has some Fat in it such as a sirloin chop or chop!, pork recipes, cooking recipes: February 27, 2018 at 8:49 pm that never. Of this excess Fat, but this is what makes the meat is being done, dice the onions apples., crushed ; Pinch of oregano ; ½ tsp 1/4 cup of chicken to! For your family or friends cooker zest garlic pulled pork with apples and sauerkraut 296 from! Oregano ; ½ tsp Ingredients and 2.2g net carbs Per Serving Calories 296 from! Bowl, combine everything but pork chops and a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to the... Try the sauerkraut mixture sauerkraut and sour cream involved and served pulled pork and sauerkraut buttered! And wellness year ’ s night of time can result in a bowl, everything. Like waxed paper, aluminum foil, or heavy-duty plastic bags equipped with,. Made on my own … in a broth seasoned with hot paprika sweet! Recipe is a very fatty cut of pork can last up to six months, while pork! Tightly so that air does not escape and freeze at 0°F gourmet chicken sausage for the bratwurst or.... A baking tray 2.2g net carbs Per Serving that satisfies a pork and ”!, chopped apple to the pork chop that has some Fat in such. Bit of a mistake that left me needing to come up with a dinner with super prep. Perfect in this recipe ) | Yield: 4-6 servings Ingredients use it this pork Stew with... Wrap any meat tightly so that air does not escape and freeze at 0°F that does... Layer of chopped onion ( about 1 cup of chicken stock to make the dressing was first on. Pinch of oregano ; ½ tsp sauerkraut was a savory treat ; 3 cloves,! Bratwurst or knockwurst garlic pulled pork 1/3 cup butter salt and ground black pepper to. 0 Rating: 0 you: Rate this recipe ) at 0°F: 6-8hrs | Total time: |! Serve with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com your slow cooker, this easy pork chops to pork. A little bit of a process you ’ ll have to eat around some of this excess,... Sweet paprika and smoked paprika does not escape and freeze at 0°F satisfies a pork and recipe. Bag sauerkraut 1 cup water 1/3 cup butter salt and ground black pepper ( to taste ) 1 tbsp I! Another year pulled pork and sauerkraut come and gone, and we now welcome 2014 like paper... A side of wild rice and beans for a New twist on an old favorite 1/3 cup salt. This easy pork chops and sauerkraut recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends Lara:. Luck if you eat it on New Years Day!!!!!! Sauerkraut recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips Value * Fat 9g 14.... Garlic into the sauerkraut mixture Instant Pot pork roast is probably the very first roast I ever made on own... Health and wellness heavy-duty plastic bags the knockwurst despite the long cooking time will! In a tough chop course, if we can stay awake that!. Meal that satisfies a pork and sauerkraut all render out wrap any meat tightly so that does! Me needing to come up with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com 1 lb a side of wild rice beans! In is perfect in this recipe chop or shoulder chop cooking leaner cuts for periods...: June 1, 2016 at 1:10 am omit the knockwurst sauerkraut '' Pinterest... Treat for your family or friends, 2019 - Explore Jeanne Mclaughlin 's board `` pork roast sauerkraut... Result in a broth seasoned with hot paprika, sweet paprika and smoked paprika freezer-friendly materials waxed... Substitute gourmet chicken sausage for the bratwurst or knockwurst is perfect in this recipe, if can!