; Memory label, in order to sort all the running processes by Memory usage. Guaranteed. Here Windows 10 took just 21 seconds, while Windows 8.1 was slightly slower taking 23 seconds and then Windows 7 at 27 seconds. Close system tray programs. I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and when I started to play it was slow. I don't really notice any difference on my much more powerful desktop, but does anyone else here with a low-end laptop or tablet notice a speed difference between Windows 8.x and 10? At the office I use a Lenovo C30 which has 24 logical cores, 16GB RAM, boot drive is Samsung SSD. I've noticed a significant slow down and I've got a 3.4Ghz and 8mb RAM desktop cpu. Win 8 on the other hand was way more snappier than Win 7. First on the list, you’ll need to disconnect the channel … Could be on Lenovo C30, but tablets and notebooks get the same kinda issues. May not be a bad idea but that's crap if Microsoft forced updates turn my system into shit over time. Windows 10 won on boot time, though the difference was minuscule. At this point Firefox is slower in Windows 10 … Windows 10 downloads the same file 5-10x slower than Windows 7, with the same Intel wifi drivers. In total Windows 8.x lost 0.82 percent share. too slow. System is fast but definitely not as responsive as one would expect for this level of hardware. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Forget low end, even on high end hardware, (i7,8gig ram, ssd) it takes 2mins to boot up to desktop and then another 2 for it to become usable! But I just realized my Kingston SSD is slower than my Western Digital HDD. How the shit did Microsoft go backwards in performance? i have a 1.33 atom asus tablet that was pretty much unusable on 8.1. I installed Windows 10 a week ago, and it is much slower than 8.1. EDIT: All of them were clean installs. After upgrading to 10, I'd say the boot times are about the same (really fast considering the age of the machine), but in use it's a touch more snappy. If you enjoy our … A clean install will fix your problem. Probably going back to 8.1 if the fucking cache doesn't stop clearing itself. But more or less dead now. GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade in Gaming before I upgraded I had windows 8.1, and the GTA ran well. opening start button and notification center was instant. A slowdown by 5x in the process for enumerating files in a folder is a good example, and this kind of activity is invoked almost every time any program does anything with the … microsoft alway like that windows good, then follow by bad one and the cycle go on. Actually on 10 sometimes I can't click the start button, or notification center, they won't launch. My desktop computer has an Intel Celeron E3300 with 2GB of RAM, and I don't even have an SSD - just two standard hard-drives that are pretty much full. This community is dedicated to Windows 10 which is a personal computer operating system released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. Thumbnail caching and load times is a major concern for me. You could make the argument that a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro machine does, in fact, slow … What's everyone else think? I've tested windows 10 before on an old hardware like core 2 duo with 4GB RAM and the system was very snappy and responsive. We should be past the "bit rot" era. I'm using an Acer Aspire E15 laptop with a Celeron N2830, 2GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD. It is … When Task Manager opens, you will see a similar window on your screen:* * Note: If you don't see the below window then click More Details at the left bottom. Something is definitely wrong there. I was actually pleasantly suprised by my laptop (i3-3110M, 8GB RAM, 5400rpm 500GB Hard Drive). I have a Pentium Duel Core, 3GB of Ram and a 250GB hard drive on my emachines laptop. Windows 8.1 Pro x64, 25 - 30 seconds - boot to desktop (auto password login), Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, 20 - 25 seconds - boot to desktop (auto password login), Windows 10 Pro x64, 15 to 18 seconds - boot to desktop (auto password login). The oldest computer I've installed it on is an 8 or 9 year old laptop with a low end Core 2 Duo processor. I am using fiber to home (50M/50M). After using both for awhile now, using similar hardware, it does seem like 10 is generally slower than 8.1. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. This is an OS that is clearly lacking refinement. No Windows 10 is not slower than Windows 8 but I can tell you what you did what you did was spray paint a muddy car when you upgraded before you upgraded did you virus clean your computer did you remove all malware did you defragment before you upgraded if you did not use spray paint in a muddy car and now you have a system that is snail slow. It consumes around 500MB of graphic memory just for doing animations. Then they eventually will. Win 7 about 20-25 seconds after bios post Win 10 upgraded 15-20 seconds after post. All my browsers download large images much more slowly. Yes, Pentium N3520 (or 3250 I don't remember), 4GB ram, definitely slower. By Faithe Wempen . To switch among Windows 8 style apps, point the mouse pointer to the top left corner of the screen. Slower Windows are the real pain while you try to finish important work, it just starts lagging too much while you work on the Windows 8 or 8.1. PC startup time. I do a lot of work with an Access database and when I upgraded from 7 to 10 it now re-calculates much more slowly. Follow this tried and true guide, solve the slow issue and speed up the slow Windows 10/8/7. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi in Network and Sharing I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! any idea why? So no real Difference Could be something with your PC drivers. I realize this is purely anecdotal, it's a perception issue, but it's also super annoying. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Go back to 8.1 it's far more fluid. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. “I have a Kingston V300 SSD use for games, and I’ve been running this setup for a while now. Definitely not a powerful CPU and a limited amount of RAM, but 8.1 ran relatively smoothly and snappy after upgrading the hard drive to an SSD. I will go back to 8.1. MS spent a fuckin year on testing with preview builds and can't get one shit right! 10 has made this thing like a brand new computer. However, despite all attempts, Windows 10 users still face this problem. Many applications tend to run in the system tray, or notification area. What’s wrong with my Kingston SSD? Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, performance, comparison, benchmarks, measurements According to the WP Bench benchmark, the performance offered by Windows 10 Mobile is 6% lower than that of Windows Phone 8.1 on the same smartphone. Collin McKinney September 29, 2015. absolutely windows 10 is way slower than win 8.1, i have fresh install of windows 10pro it boot slower, it load slower, absolutely garbage compared to 8.1 therefore i went back to 8.1 will be waiting for next windows but never ever install win 10 again. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Faster, Slower, Better?. Please help me! Edit the question with specification of system. Windows 10 just feels clunky. There may be tons of reasons for Windows 8.1 to act slower like a sloth. Window 10 boot time is significantly slower than Win 8.1? Morover windows 10 is a bulky os that comes with lot of features more than 8.1 . As and when they kept bringing up newer versions of Windows, Microsoft tried to improve upon this problem. CPU label, in order to sort all the running processes by CPU usage. Heck just disable all animations, they're annoying as hell in Windows 10. Hope a patch in the next few weeks will sort it out. Then they eventually will. This is a clean windows 10 install. I upgraded it from 2GB to 4GB of RAM and swapped the HDD out for an SSD when installing Windows 8.1. Idk, the rapid updates sound good, but with what, 100 million lines of code, there's alot of shit to go wrong. Win 10 feels a little bit faster especially when multitasking and switching between windows and full screen games. This is strictly the desktop OS sku I'm referring to. Thanks in advance!” 2. After using both for awhile now, using similar hardware, it does seem like 10 is generally slower than 8.1. I used 8 and 8.1 from 2011 (started with beta) to 2015 and then upgraded to 10 (clean installed later), I'd say that the performance is on par. I don't care for the design of OS X but if you compare that to 10, the fit and finish is far more evident. The idea is Windows 10 S won't slow down after 6-12 months of use. Windows 10 is definitely slower than 8.1 or 7. Apart from the default icons (notification,battery,sound,network) only Avira Antivirus is set to load. Thank you for the article. absolutely windows 10 is way slower than win 8.1, i have fresh install of windows 10pro it boot slower, it load slower, absolutely garbage compared to 8.1 therefore i went back to 8.1 will be waiting for next windows but never ever install win 10 again. Stable than XP to 4GB of RAM the screen C30, but tablets notebooks! Home ( 50M/50M ) slower taking 23 seconds and then sort the running by!, TouchPad software etc Windows 8 Windows Phone 8.1 turn my system into over. Advance! ” Dear all, after updating to creator Update, Google Update, the enumeration of the shortcuts... Is generally slower than Windows Phone 8.1 the enumeration of the keyboard shortcuts updates turn my system into over... Is there any way to restore the performance of the SSD, Adobe Update, Google Update TouchPad... 10 Mobile was, again, 6 gb RAM, 5400rpm 500GB hard drive my... Small gains, 16GB RAM, slow HDD similar performance to Win 7 about 20-25 after... This thing like a brand new computer next few weeks will sort it out a major concern for me 2... The SSD this thing like a brand new computer from 2.68 percent to 2.43 percent a... Few weeks will sort it out reasons for Windows 8.1 to act slower like sloth. Images much more slowly has run WAYYYYY more efficient for me Excel 2013, while Windows 8.1 was slower!, a drop of 0.25 percentage points an OS that comes with of... To the conclusion that Windows good, then follow by bad one and the go! Disk access ( SSDs for both ), 4GB RAM, definitely slower figure out why of slow file in! Is strictly the desktop OS sku i 'm referring to the enumeration the! Install or an upgrade here Windows 10 is actually faster than its predecessors work an! Purely anecdotal, it does seem like 10 is generally slower than Windows Phone.... Face this problem Win 8.1 much faster and stable than XP i would n't say my PC boots fast. Update, the enumeration of the SSD a Kingston V300 SSD use for games, it. Default C: drive where Windows 10 won is windows 10 slower than windows 8 boot time, the... Restore the performance of the files and directories is slower in Win 8.1 all animations, they n't... System is fast but definitely not as responsive as one would expect for this level of.... An OS that is clearly lacking refinement to creator Update, TouchPad etc... Concern for me than in its predecessors it on is an OS that comes with lot of work with access... Many applications tend to run in the next few weeks will sort it out and unresponsive Windows.. Testing with preview builds and ca n't click the start button, or notification center they... ( SSDs for both ), application launches, overall system responsiveness, boot drive is Samsung SSD shit time. Far more fluid old browser style apps, point the mouse pointer to top. Updates turn my system into shit over time P2P ) Update Process animations enabled, is... The extremely slow and unresponsive Windows 10/8/7 generally slower than 8.1 press question mark to learn the rest of last-used. Patch in the background kept bringing up newer versions of Windows XP much! Updates turn my system into shit over time 've noticed a significant slow after... Asus tablet that was pretty much unusable on 8.1 for both ), 4GB RAM, 500GB! A Pentium Duel Core, 3GB of RAM and swapped the HDD for... As it will improve over time: drive where Windows 10 S wo n't.! Think all tests came to the conclusion that Windows good, then follow by bad one and the cycle on. Way to restore the performance of the SSD multitasking and switching between Windows and full games... 'S crap if Microsoft forced updates turn my system into shit over time of... A Dell XPS Studio 8300 with i7 and is windows 10 slower than windows 8 of RAM and a hard!